Group A - 12th Match Ireland v India

karnog

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I don't think we should go too lightly against Ireland. Don't want to ruin the team atmosphere and create doubt if there's an upset. But i like the idea of giving the middle order some time in the middle. Maybe Dhoni or Yuvraj or Yusuf could open with say Raina and put Sharma at 3. Just give these guys an opportunity in the middle. I'm impressed by Cussack (is that how u spell it?). He could be troublesem and Rankin could be a danger. They lack a tight, spinner bowler so thats probably going to be Ireland's biggest problem. Also i think the man we need to look out for is O'brien (both actually). The keeper/batsman one is actually pretty good.

Aoun13

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
India should win it easily,they are in top form after South Africa.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Stupid to the core! When Sehwag was so unfit, why did he go to England in the first place? We could've had someone else. I hope we can call in a player from India to cover up for Sehwag. I would call upon Manish Pandey. This guy is in form and has recently played the IPL. Even if he isnt played, he will revel from the experience of the international dressing room and that atmosphere!

India have made big mistakes by taking risks with injured players (Sehwag and Zaheer). Zaheer is struggling there and Sehwag has broken down. PATHETIC!

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
I don't really blame the selectors for that. The physio is responsible for this

Last edited:

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
I blame Dhoni. Well he has been crap in T20's recently and apart from England game did nothing in previous edition of tournament as well.

Leggie

Chairman of Selectors
I'll be going to this one as well, presuming it isn't washed out. Should be a laugh.

International Coach
i hope zaheer is rested for this game,we need him fit and firing for the later stages.

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
Gautam Gambhir
Rohit Sharma
Suresh Raina
Yuvraj Singh
Dinesh Karthik (wk)
Yusuf Pathan
Irfan Pathan
Harbhajan Singh
Praggy Ojha
Praveen Kumar
RP Singh

Let's rest Dhoni and a few key bowlers. Not going to happen, but its an idea.

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
I hope they give Ravindra Jadeja a chance just so he can prove Sohum wrong as I know he can :mad.

:p

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
India should let their bench players play. Like Praveen Kumar, RP Singh, Jadeja and possible Dinesh Karthik, if he is already joined the squad. This match doesn't matter anymore.

But Dhoni already said he wanted the best team to play, because he wanted to continue with the momentum. It's a nice thought but not if you can injure some players.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
I believe that Praveen must be played in every match, as he is one who can get the ball to swing here.

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
It seems to be a mystery where Sehwag picked this injury up. According to T N Sekar, the Delhi Daredevils manager, in the ToI today, Sehwag was fit at the end of the IPL. Sekar said something along the lines of, "He scored a fifty and bowled an over." (what an over that was, too, haha).

My guess is this is a long-term injury that has just been aggravated somehow right now, maybe during a fielding drill or something.

King Cricket

International Coach
Well Sehwag's gone, so there goes my line-up. :p As long as we don't play Jadeja I'll be happy. :)

One match is nothing. Jadeja is not bad at all, surely you have seen the IPL matches.

King Cricket added 5 Minutes and 25 Seconds later...

My XI

1. Gambhir
2. Sharma
3. Raina
4. UV!
5. Yusuf
6. Dhoni
7. Jadeja
8. Vajji
9. P.Kumar
10. Pragyan
11. RP Singh

I'll be resting Ishant. We are already in the super eights, this match is against a minnow- and if he somehow gets injured here- that will be a big big blow for us.

King Cricket added 4 Minutes and 3 Seconds later...

I forgot to add. Have you guys read this?

There was no walkout on Tuesday, at Trent Bridge, but there was drama in plenty during India captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni’s press conference

And what was that?

Media: There’s a question on Sehwag’s injury…

Media manager: As the captain has said, the BCCI will send a media release on the issue.

Media: Question is for Dhoni, please don’t interfere!

Dhoni: Whatever is related to fitness, you will get it from the BCCI. We will inform the BCCI and through proper channel.

Media: Are you not aware of the fitness of your players?

Dhoni: I am.

Media: Who is leaking the news then?

Dhoni: I am not, that is for sure. All the guys are here. If you are blaming me, then why don’t one of you stand and…

Media: But somebody must be leaking the news…

Dhoni: No, you just blamed me for leaking the news!

Media: We’re not blaming you…

Dhoni: But you just said that.

Media: We want clarity and honesty from the team management…

Manager: What do you want, tell me? See if Sehwag has a pain in the hand, he might not bat... If he is comfortable he will bat at nets. Today he tried, he felt some discomfort. Tomorrow we will take a final decision on him. If he is not fit enough, we will inform the BCCI, and then the BCCI will issue a press release. It’s not possible for Dhoni to say how much pain Sehwag is having!

Media: You could have clarified this at the start, isn’t it?

Manager: That is what I am saying.

Media: MSD, the journalist hasn’t blamed you for the leak…

Dhoni: He just did that.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
One match is nothing. Jadeja is not bad at all, surely you have seen the IPL matches.
My analysis is based on the IPL matches as well. He just doesn't have the ability to go over the top at the end, which was in view when he was unable to do anything in a low-scoring match that knocked the Royals out of the competition. He scored at a strike rate of only 110 which is only a shade above Kallis'!

About the Dhoni media report, serves the media right. If Dhoni already responded to the question about Sehwag with a, "The BCCI will be issuing a press release about Sehwag's injury" it is completely irresponsible of the media to keep asking him that over and over again, and then to pretend as if it was all Dhoni's fault.

Users who are viewing this thread