Help Booth

sid_19840

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
I think it might be a good idea on having a place where people can ask information such as how to do something.Also we could use this thread for people to post signatures and ask signature makers how they made that signature.Hopefully that'll improve the quality of signature making and get it to a new level.(Not suggesting that the quality is bad atm)

So does anyone want to know how I did my Broad signature? :p

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
Cracking idea Sid, I would like yo know how you did the background for the Broad sig as it seems to be very different from the grunge brushes I am accustomed too.

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
sid_19840 said:
So does anyone want to know how I did my Broad signature? :p
Not really no:p

But I think its a cracking idea. I much prefer to see sigs made by the individual over ones clearly made by someone else. Not that there is anything wrong with that but It does lead to a lot of sigs looking virtually the same. Also tips picked up in threads like this are also useful for other patches (kits, bats, skins etc).

m477yp4rk3r

Club Cricketer
Yes please sid
i have photoshop but dont have a clue what to do!

langerrox

International Coach
i dont think we can milk these forums anymore may be time to move on

sid_19840

International Coach
I'll tell you what,I'll post the psd of my Broad signature,and then I want you guys to learn something from it,how Ive used the render,made the borders etc.Anything part of it you can understand,just post here and I'll help. :)

Please dont directly copy paste the layers into your own signatures though.

(Anything else that anyone cant understand how to do or need help on can also be posted in this thread)

http://rapidshare.de/files/32001350/Broad.psd.html

sid_19840

International Coach
Why doesnt it work? Just click on Free and enter the code.Anyway it takes a load of time to upload the psd on my connection,so Id be really grateful if someone who downloads it of rapidshare can upload it somewhere else as well (yousendit for eg) so that there's options.

Karachi Xpress

Chairman of Selectors
When I click on free it says that u have reached ur download limit even though I dont download anything!

GrayNicolls

School Cricketer
Anyway...I've seen some brilliant glow effects on signature images on this forum, and it appears that pak_cricketer's tutorial has disappeared so can someone tell me how to do it?

sid_19840

International Coach
GrayNicolls said:
Anyway...I've seen some brilliant glow effects on signature images on this forum, and it appears that pak_cricketer's tutorial has disappeared so can someone tell me how to do it?

Could you point me to an example of this so that I could give it a try?

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
Question 1: What grunge brush do you use to make those thins, straight lines in your sigs?

Question 2: What grunge brush do you use to make those squares with diamonds in them in your sigs?

sid_19840

International Coach
shravi said:
Question 1: What grunge brush do you use to make those thins, straight lines in your sigs?

Which one's exactly?

shravi said:
Question 2: What grunge brush do you use to make those squares with diamonds in them in your sigs?

If you have Adobe Photoshop CS or higher,go to the shapes tool(just beside the Pen Tool),choose a shape you like(the rectangles are the rounded rectangle tool and the diamonds are from custom shapes).

Then just make a small rectangle(or diamond)in a new file(keep the size relatively small to around 100*100).

For the rounded rectangle tool I used a stroke of 1 px(white) and for the diamond,I filled it with white.

Then go to Edit->Define Pattern and give it a name of your choice.

Now to use these in your signatures,make a new layer,go to Edit->Fill->Choose the Pattern you made earlier and voilla.

To finish things off keep these layers at Soft Light or Overlay and adjust the Opacity so that they look good.

Let me know if you didnt understand any part and I'll try explaining it better or providing a visual explanation. :)

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
I realize that it took some time for you to post that reply but unfortunately, I do not have Photoshop CS!

sid_19840

International Coach
shravi said:
I realize that it took some time for you to post that reply but unfortunately, I do not have Photoshop CS!

Which version do you have then?If you have any Photoshop version,I could post the patterns and you could simply use them that way.

Users who are viewing this thread