Help Booth

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
GrayNicolls said:
It should open in photoshop.
no the pic next to the name is photofiltre and because it ahsn't been installed yet it trys to be opened in photofiltre.

I have tried to change it to other things but they don't work :(

usy

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Make the text clear in you're signatures , it looks good.

Karachi Xpress

Chairman of Selectors
Can u tell me Hassan how u made the background in this sig??

pakkg7.jpg

hassan

International Coach
Well its a long and complicated matter mate.. cant explain exactly...
Wat u need are some absrtact brushes... Some patterns and BE IMAGINATIVE dats da important bit

sid_19840

International Coach
GrayNicolls said:
Hey, can someone tell me some good ideas or ways to make a good wallpaper background please.

Id usually keep wallpaper backgrounds simple,using just one main colour with some brushes would be the way I suppose.

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
I agree with Sid, I dont like my backgrounds too busy as you are going to have icons all over it. A simple plain colour fill with some lighting effects can work really well.

simplebgem8.jpg

Something like that (play with the position/intensity etc of the light for best effect).

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
I completley agree with Kev here; Simple backgrounds are the way to go becuase I hate this new found obsession with grunge. More graphics makers seem to be making the grunge the main focus of the sig which isn't good. take a look at the background in my Shevchenko wallpaper; I think it looks pretty good and all I used is Kev's method with a few scratch brushes.

hassan

International Coach
Basically well The simple ones look good , unless you are imaginative and know which brushes to use and where ... but otherwise if u just put too much brushes in it jus ruins the BG

GrayNicolls

School Cricketer
Evo. Your work is brilliant and simple. Yet I'm clearly not that great at photoshop as I don't know what to put onto my simple background. So far I have got: The colour I want, Lighting Effects (set to Kev's reccomendation) and some white rectangles that come up halfway. Any help on little things such as some background shapes or something or maybe some effect that I can do on the lines. Help will be really appreciated!

Ok, an update on the situation. I've got these new scrath brushes that are quite good. But now I have: A plain background (with colour I want) and lighting effects. Them with scrath brushes seem a little too plain. So, can someone please help me on how to use rectangles well in backgrounds and how to make some good effects.

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
Maybe it would help if you showed us what you have so far

Users who are viewing this thread