Hexing Up the SAV

sachinisgod

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Offsets of all stadia

hey guyz...this one's one more of those long forgotten but imp for editing threads...

here's the list of all stadia...well i hope i haven't given this before too...:)

Attachments

• Table1.doc
    91 KB · Views: 29

Ste

Executive member
If a save game is set to use the space station station can it be used in game? or does it crash?

sachinisgod

International Cricketer
it crashes...funny people EA ones...they gave it a code...they could easily gone ahead with it had they had half as vivid an imagination and alacrity as our own fellow member Voldemort(who made that ghostly team)...and God knows why they left so many codes blank in between...

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
It was a time and budgetry thing at a guess; they were trying to get the christmas market. As you know from looking through the .gob and exe there are a lot of unfulfilled ideas and concepts.

sachinisgod

International Cricketer
yeah we have gone through most of them in here...and still I wouldn't be surprised if a new one pops out tomorrow...frankly i am apprehensive abt that 2006 version coz i think they'll just contend with updating the rosters and completing the unfinished projects in the gob...

btw, as a prospective B-school student - this kinda marketing defies my logic...christmas boom may have given them an initial high sales figure but the bugs and the incomplete things have reduced the shelf life drastically and add to that the notoreity that comes with it...frankly did the admins here ever think of asking the EA people for some royalty? coz without this place these kids(h-main for one) wouldn't be ordering the game around...:)

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
lol
EA were very friendly in pre-release much as Codies are being atm but no-one has heard basically anything for the 13 months since release.
Far from 'giving us royalties' as you put it, EA went out of their way to make the game hard to edit leaving many of us to fear that the only editable item would be bats. I think it's appalling just how little attention gets paid to sites like this after release because if no-one attempted to make any patches for BLIC or Cricket2006 I promise you sales would be down and people would get bored and give up far quicker.
It's not just the patches either; I remember one person writing to EA with a list of bug reports and queries and being told to update their drivers. I think we definitely shouldn't under-estimate the importance of online communities to the success of a game. Personally I won't even be buying Cricket2006 until I know it is worth getting. If Codies do a good job I hope no-one buys it (EA C2k6). Maybe then they'll stop taking the people who put in their time and effort to improve their games for granted.

zohaib19

School Cricketer
hello...

hy sachin,

well ur thread is gr8 ....i am frm pakistan and posting for the first time.............well actually i was tryin makin the sav file using hex editor but could not understand a single thing abt it..............if u dun mind friend can u post the method of hexing in the way of photographs so we can view them or a detailed document abt it........thxxxx.

aditya123

National Board President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
It's not just the patches either; I remember one person writing to EA with a list of bug reports and queries and being told to update their drivers. I think we definitely shouldn't under-estimate the importance of online communities to the success of a game. Personally I won't even be buying Cricket2006 until I know it is worth getting. If Codies do a good job I hope no-one buys it (EA C2k6). Maybe then they'll stop taking the people who put in their time and effort to improve their games for granted.

Yep, It was me !!
I even posted the reply from EA on the cricket2002.tk forums where my id was adi123 .
I think even u used to post there barmyarmy .
If u remember , there was a huge controvrsy when the game ws just released due to the game not being compatible with older intel 810 gfx chip.
I argued that it should be compatible bcoz most games better than C2k4 are compatible , for instance fifa 2003 (definitely better gfx than c2k4)
Andrew nixon , my good old friend repeatedly tried to explain why EA was right in not making the game backward compatible .
I still remember my arguements with Andrew !!
I wrote a huge email to EA about this and they never admitted that th game was not compatible with Intel 810 gfx , All thy said was to update my gfx drivers.
Since then I`ve changed my pc and have got c2k4 running only to be disappointed but planetcricket and other forums with their ptches hav ben the only saving grace
I think EA and HB must give us salary for making the game better
Especilly for ptches like
Ste/Aussie1st Sky and Nine patch
Sachin`s season
Prakash`s editors
Sams bug fix ......................................................so on

T20

Panel of Selectors
sachinisgod said:
it crashes...funny people EA ones...they gave it a code...they could easily gone ahead with it had they had half as vivid an imagination and alacrity as our own fellow member Voldemort(who made that ghostly team)...and God knows why they left so many codes blank in between...

you will get the complete code in cricket 2006. ;)

sachinisgod

International Cricketer
hey,

a little idea. I have seen many posts demanding a stats editor. I think its possible. I don't know the programming stuff but if I had known it as well as Prakash or Ajit, I would have done it as detailed below. First of all its very important to understand that as a game is progressively saved there are some bytes towards the end of the file that are changed. Try comparing two sav's with a one over difference and you'll know what I mean. These bytes are a part of a long list of players (taking part in that sav competition) and their stats. So here's what I would propose to do:
1) Have the editor started when you run the game - like cursor.exe. It should check for which sav file in a particular user folder(path settable beforehand) is being used by the game.
2) now as the user saves the game, it checks these lower end player list and stats and compares it with the original. wherever it finds the changes, it interprets it according to a preset logic(will have to vary becoz the EA nerds used different Hex notations for runs and balls and wickets)...
3) now as we all know that both the roster.pak and the early part of the sav contains a list of all the players and their stats(original ones which are as of now unchangeable)...so the editor now has to make the changes, as interpreted by it earlier to these portions of both the files...ofcourse for the relevant players(EA people have thankfully given a separate code for every player)...if not at every save then this same procedure could be run at the end of the match...

so guyz lemme know if this is just a mere idea or is it possible??? i would love to pitch in with any sort of help regarding finding out what byte stands for what but my limits end there...
Any takers???

boss

Club Cricketer
thanks 4 u'r innovative idea 4 the stats tracker mate!, Hopefully, the better programmers take a look on this!

Boss

Users who are viewing this thread