Do you like your school

• Total voters

Villain

ICC Board Member
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I've finally left my school. It's not because of me getting tired of going to school or anything like that, I in fact loved going to my school. It used to be a good walk from home to school and enjoying the weather was another cool thing about it. The reason behind me leaving school is lack of good IGCSE teachers, my biology teacher, who taught my brother left the school in this vacation and my favorite teacher of sociology left Kuwait for a Canada move as well. So, I'm now joining an institute, apparently they say that they'll have all my course finished in just 3 months which means that I may give the O-Level exams in the next May-June. If that's true then going to school wasn't just not having well education but was getting a year wasted, school had a planning of having our exams in 2016. Well, I hope the institute is right about what they say.
If the decision has already been taken.. all I'd say is good luck bro, wish you all the best for your future and would hope for you to achieve prosperity and success. Do well. :)[DOUBLEPOST=1409410720][/DOUBLEPOST]
There isn't a day that goes by where I don't think of how fortunate I am to not be in school.
And I thought I was the only one. So true.

Sulaiman7

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
Pakistan
I'd suggest against going to that particular institution (coaching centre or whatever) because three months to cover O Levels is going to be really hard to keep up with. It's true, countries in Asia don't usually have schools that cover everything you'll need for the O Levels, but I reckon you have better options. The classes I go to all have teachers who attempt on covering the syllabus within one year or a year and a half and that gets top results for most students. Crash courses like the ones you're looking at go really, really quick and if you have a lot of subjects it's going to put a lot of pressure and it's not going to come to anything useful. 3 month courses usually work for people who have already covered the syllabus once - around 4-5 months before the exams - but need revision to complete their preparation.

If you have just completed eighth grade I'd recommend aiming for January 2016, and going for a second sitting in May 2016 if necessary.

Well that's true. The pressure will make me take less grades and also giving exams of 6 subjects that also of God knows how many papers would make it even harder. So, I've decided to prepare 3 subjects for May/June 2015 and the other 3 for May/June 2016, May/June because CIE IGCSE exams aren't held in January but there's a re-sit exams in October/November. I'll be preparing Mathematics, Physics and ICT for the next year's exams and Biology, Chemistry and English as a first language for 2016 May/June exams. This way, me preparation will be good and there won't be any pressure and if necessary, I may go for tuition as well considering it only takes 3 months for covering my course.

Thank you or the support everyone. :)

sanjeevaloria

International Coach
my half-yearly exams starting on 12 December.

GlitchInTheMatrix

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Bangladesh
I'm the falcao of my school nowadays
stood 18th on the merit list of last test exams...
Board exams to follow on the month of February.
After that i kiss goodbye to school life forever :D

AliB

ICC President
India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels
I'm the falcao of my school nowadays
stood 18th on the merit list of last test exams...
Board exams to follow on the month of February.
After that i kiss goodbye to school life forever :D
...March for me, rest same.

Greninja

International Coach
Profile Flag
India
I got a school where there is no pressure of studies though they focus on festival programmes, exhibitions etc..

Users who are viewing this thread