How are you going in International Cricket 2010?

timchrist984

Club Captain
I've started a new test series as my stat edited australia against a pretty beastly stat edited west indies. Playing on hard, action cam as usual. I'll hardly get to play in the next 2 weeks cos of exams, but after that I'll post my results.

Last edited:

Jclarke75

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I am on Xbox. I have tried to download sims mega update but when I try to replace the save game file, the mega update file is not there? Know what I am doing wrong?:cheers

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Need more info really - when using modio are you selecting the user.dat file. Replacing the savegame.txt file from user.dat with my file, and then rehash and resign and then save back to your pen drive will do the trick

Gone4aDuck

International Coach
Need more info really - when using modio are you selecting the user.dat file. Replacing the savegame.txt file from user.dat with my file, and then rehash and resign and then save back to your pen drive will do the trick

I read that twice and i still have no idea what any of that means!!!

Jclarke75

School Cricketer

by your file you mean these files??

test and 50 ODI savegame.zip (189.9 KB, 12 views)
test and ODI fields.txt (385.8 KB, 10 views)
5 10 20 25 savegame.zip (198.4 KB, 7 views

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
by your file you mean these files??

test and 50 ODI savegame.zip (189.9 KB, 12 views)
test and ODI fields.txt (385.8 KB, 10 views)
5 10 20 25 savegame.zip (198.4 KB, 7 views

Yes so using user.dat replace savegame.txt with the one stored in either savegame.zip file above

I.e. user.dat has a savegame.txt file which needs to be replaced by one of the savegame.txt file from my zips above.

Jclarke75

School Cricketer
when i go click on svegame.txt and try to replace it, it show documents, but your savegame.txt files are not there.
but if i click on my documents your files are there.

Am i doing something wrong?

By my documents i mean if i go on my documents NOT using modio your file are there, but when i go to my documents using modio, your files seem to have dissapeared

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
I have never had this problem - save my savegame.txt file to the desktop and then from modio browse to your desktop and pick the file up that way?

don't know what else to suggest as it's always been straight forward to browse to the file?

Jclarke75

School Cricketer
Thanks for that. just had too look for the file in a different spot. now i just have to add the field settings. should update within next 48hrs on the state of the match

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
The field settings make just a bigger difference than the rosters in my opinion

remember to save your match/tournament before a ball is bowled and then apply field settings as per post in field editor thread

I am going to update my field settings and rosters over the weekend too. For fields I have changed a few to make human batting more challenging

Jclarke75

School Cricketer
England VS West Indies 3 Match Series

England(me) Vs West Indies (AI) Broadcast view, Hard, Min HUD for Batting and Bowling
1st test at Headingley
Teams
England West Indies

1. A.Strauss (C) 1. K.Brathwaite
2. A.Cook 2. A.Barath
3. J.Trott 3. N.Deonarine
4. K.Pietersen 4. S.Chanderpaul
5. J.Bairstow 5. Darren Bravo
6. I.Bell 6. C.Baugh (W)
7. M.Prior (W) 7. D.Sammy (C)
8. S.Broad 8. K.Roach
9. G.Swann 9. F.Edwards
10. S.Finn 10. S.Shillingford
11. J.Anderson 11. R.Rampaul

West Indies won the toss and elected to bowl

Day 1

Rampaul and Edwards opened the bowling on a 24 degree overcast day. England got off to a terrible start. On the 3rd ball of the day, Strauss was caught at 2nd slip trying to push the ball down the ground off Rampauls bowling. In the 3rd over Trott was dropped by 1st slip trying to cut a late delivery. There were a few more edges to follow, but none were chances for a catch. Cook started to play well, pulling a few short balls form Edwards for twos, and Trott remained pretty quiet, waiting and waiting for a bad ball to play at. He played very patiently, while Cook looked to score a bit quicker. This brought his downfall in the 8th over when he tried to cut a striaghtish bouncer but the ball ballooned up and landed in 2nd slips hands, this time off Edwards. Pietersen took over straight away, looking to score from the moment he got to the crease. He loved the short balls, hitting 3 fours and a six off them, racing to 24*(21). They got to drinks with the score at 2/51, Pietersen 30*(29) Tott 6*(39).Straight after play resumed Pietersen was caught at 2nd slip trying to smash Sammy through the offside. 3/52.Trott and Bairstow were comfortable with just picking up the singles, until Bairstow was out in a similar fashion to Cook for a 25 ball 2. 4/72. Trott played onto his stumps soon after, which left two new batsman, Bell and Prior at the crease with four overs left til Lunch. They got to Lunch with the Score 5/75. Batting: Strauss 0(3) Cook 12(22) Trott 23 (77) Pietersen 30(33) Bairstow 2(25) Bell 3(17) Prior 0(8). Bowling: Rampaul 9-4-20-3, Edwards 7-3-25-1, Roach 7-3-10-0, Sammy 6-1-19-1, Shillingford 1-0-1-0

Bell was out second ball after tea without scoring, bringing broad to the crease with England in strife. Prior played on to his stumps first ball of the second over after lunch, but Rampaul slightly overstepped the crease, and was called for a no ball. Broad was bowled round his legs when he attempted to sweep Shillingford, 7/77. Prior was then out for 1 lbw to Rampaul. 8/77. Finn was caught at mid on by Bravo with a magnificent one handed catch when he tried to whack Shillingford down the ground. 100 with only one wicket remaining. Swann was dropped with the score on 104, giving England an extra chance to scrape together as many runs as they could. Swann was again dropped a few overs later, this time with the score on 116.Swann was caught first ball after drinks, pulling a good length ball from Edwards. A poor performance from England, they would really have to play well to salvage this match

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    617.9 KB · Views: 26
  • photo334444444444444444444444.JPG
    photo334444444444444444444444.JPG
    709.8 KB · Views: 55
  • photo3233.JPG
    photo3233.JPG
    723.3 KB · Views: 34
  • photo212313.JPG
    photo212313.JPG
    643.2 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
'assuming' you were using my roster that wasn't a bad first batting effort. I have been playing with it for weeks and do well to score between 200-300. I lack the patience which is needed for tests so I always find it a challenge. I will hopefully release new roster this weekend with fast bowlers off short run ups and field placing improvements for human batting

Interested to see how you find bowling and catching

Jclarke75

School Cricketer
England VS West Indies 3 Match Series

West Indies 1st innings

Anderson and Finn opened the bowling, hoping to pick up a few early wickets. Barath was lucky in the 3rd over when he edged the ball over the top of 2nd slips head. After some sensible batting, Barath lost his wicket in the 8th over of the innings when he edged a full outswinger onto his stumps from Anderson. The very next ball, Brathwaite scooped a catch to mid on off the bowling of Finn and was dropped. Finn?s bad luck continued as Deonarine edged a full ball over the top of slips for four, just before tea.
At the score was 1/32 from 14 overs bowling. Batting: Brathwaite 10*(39) Barath 11(32) Deonarine 8*(16) Bowling: Anderson 6-0-14-1 Finn 7-2-16-0 Broad 1-0-2-0

Shortly after tea, Finn got some luck when he got Brathwaite out lbw with an inswinging Yorker that hawkeye showed to just be clipping the stumps. This brought Chanderpaul to the crease. Finn went round the wicket to him to see what he could do. It didn?t do much, but next over Chanderpaul was caught at square leg hooking a short ball from Broad, bowling over the wicket. This brought Bravo to the crease, who responded by whacking the next ball over covers for two. The 2nd ball he faced he was dropped at gully, cutting a slower ball. Soon after Deonarine was dropped in slips from a quick ball that flew to the fielder, and his reactions were too slow. He was on his way two balls later when he cut a slow ball to point. England were playing well, the score 4/46. Another dropped catch with the score at 4/48, this time Baugh edged to slips trying to flick the ball through the onside. Dropped catch after dropped catch, the Windies were slowly building up their score. Baugh was finally caught at mid on after trying to smash one too many. The captain was in with the score at 5/74. Bravo fell to Swann when he was caught at mid off, and the Windies were in trouble at 6/79, not looking like overtaking England?s dismal effort of 117. Roach was bowled first ball, exposing the tail and leaving Swann with the chance of a hat-trick. Edwards was lucky when he got the slightest edge, saving him and stopping Swann from getting that hat-trick. Edwards, like many before him, was caught at mid off when he played late to a slow ball full toss from Anderson. With the score at 8/81, it seemed as if not even zim?s mega update could help them. Shillingford didn?t last long, as him leg stump was knocked out of the ground by a feisty Anderson yorker. Sammy and Rampaul safely batted out the day, with the score 9/103. Batting: Brathwaite 13(45), Barath 11(32), Deonarine 11(26), Chanderpaul 1(7), Bravo 17(39), Baugh 11(30), Sammy 16*(55), Roach 0(1), Edwards 0(12), Shillingford 1(9), Rampaul 2*(28). Bowling: Anderson 13-2-25-4, Finn 10-2-26-1, Broad 7-0-18-2, Swann 12-4-33-2, Pietersen 2-1-1-0.
Day 2

Sammy was out plumb lbw to Aderson early in the morning. The Windies had failed to reach Englands score, and trail by thirteen runs.

I was using your (zim) roster, and as you can see i found catching pretty tricky. I also found batting a lot harder, usually i score around 250+ before using your changes. i was unable to change the default fields, as when i sved the game on to the usb, when i took it out of the xbox something went wrong with the files. i tried it a few times, but ill just have to settle with the default fields.:( As with patience, i dont mind blocking for a while and not scoring. I usually try to bat like the real players do, for example: Using Australia, I let David Warner and Ben hilfenhaus slog it around a bit, Ricky ponting plays a lot of front foot shots, stuff like that. For England i have decided to let Pietersen have a bit of a go, and Trott plays very carefully, as he usually does. I find playing like this better, as you dont get completely bored playing defensively non-stop, just let slog with a couple of batsman and play sensibly with the rest

Attachments

• photo11111.JPG
    photo11111.JPG
    927.9 KB · Views: 45
  • photo222.JPG
    photo222.JPG
    651.8 KB · Views: 21
  • photo333.JPG
    photo333.JPG
    670.1 KB · Views: 13
  • photo444.JPG
    photo444.JPG