How are you going in International Cricket 2010?

timchrist984

Club Captain
Any stat edits? Also, if you're using my stat edited roster, did u remember to lower all the custom England players stats, as my roster is designed to play with Australia and Australia only.

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I've edited all stats to what i feel are realistic.

Nope not using your rosters but have updated all the squads myself.

Not sure how you lower all custom player stats because you need you use all points. For example if you were creating Jonny Bairstow you could get his bowling and batting stats correctly but his fielding would have to be 100 because you are required to use all of the given points.

Have you found a way round this? I'm on PS3 btw..

timchrist984

Club Captain
Well for my custom Aussie players, I gave their main attribute (ie. batting or bowling) as 70 or 65, then spent the remaining points on useless stuff like throwing accuracy or bowling if they're not batsmen.

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
I've edited all stats to what i feel are realistic.

The problem with this game is editing human teams to what you feel is realistic stats usually doesn't lead to a realistic match

That's one advantage the xbox version has in so much that you can edit your teams stats so you can get a realistic match. I.e. your teams stats have to be unrealistically low, but it does work

timchrist984

Club Captain
I'm not so fussed about human stats being way too low in comparison to AI stats, as long as it makes for a realistic game. What I would like is to be able to do is realistically rate AI players in comparison to each other (like having elite bowlers at 90, good Bowlers at 85 decent bowlers at 80 and spuds at 75) and still have comprtitive games. Also, when you've edited stats, all players have the exact same values. This makes for a better game, but means players have no character (ie. Sehwag doesn't bat like Jonathan Trott).

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
Also, when you've edited stats, all players have the exact same values. This makes for a better game, but means players have no character (ie. Sehwag doesn't bat like Jonathan Trott).

This isn't true for bowlers as you can alter them as you have suggested. It is indeed harder to separate out AI batsmen as there are only 5 attributes to alter and makes some batsman 90, then bowlers 65-70 makes AI batting either too good or bad etc

however it is possible for slight variation by using the power attribute. I.e. Sehwag, Gayle, Pietersen can have higher value then average batsman. Players like Trott and Bell I have given very low power values

This artificially makes certain batsman 'generally' (not always) score faster than others. It's really making the best out of the core gameplay

DNT101

School Cricketer
The very fact your 666/6 would be enough to put most off. Its not the fact your have a good score but clearly you have no sence on how to play an enjoyable game of cricket. IPL generation is born! R.I.P test cricket!

dude i also love test cricket ... and would always prefer it above IPL/T20 cricket ... what do mean on having no sense on HOW to play the game? ... Its only a video game ... and it doesn't matter what way its played at cuz all results are possible ... as long it's enjoyed but obviously everyone has their own ways of playing and enjoying the game ... anyways i finished at 1001/8 after 98 overs

timchrist984

Club Captain
Each to their own I guess, but really, who doesn't want to be challenged? BTW, how can you say T20 is better than tests/ODIs??!?!

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
anyways i finished at 1001/8 after 98 overs

I would have declared on 200 runs, we all know thats enough to win a test match on this game.

Jclarke75

School Cricketer
Thinking of starting a 3 test series between west indies and England like what is happening now. Does anyone know where i could find the rosters for each match as I want to make it as realistic as possible. Also I'm from australia and I usually play as Australia so which team should I play as?

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
My recently upload roster is pretty much up to date (if you use xbox). Play as england but you will literally find it a 'test' as batting requires lots of concentration

If PS3 use timchrist's rosters

timchrist984

Club Captain
@Jclarke: make sure you use England if you are playing with Zim's rosters and Australia if you're using my rosters. They designed more realistic gameplay with these teams only.

Jclarke75

School Cricketer
i have started extracting the files but am not quite sure what to do with the hex editor. i am able to open the user.dat in the hex editor but im not sure what changes i need to make. could you please explain in further detail exactly what changes i need to make:cheers

Users who are viewing this thread