ICC Champions Trophy 2013 - England & Wales

Owzat

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
The pundits don't agree; they reckon the shorter the game, the more it favours India.

Bopara took 3/20, I doubt he'd have been nearly as effective over 10 overs with him and Root sharing 10.

I think the main reason a shorter game favours/ed India is they have more power in their batting, and experience - and, as it happened, two spinners which effectively won them the game with 4/39 off eight overs as England got in a spun and were comprehensively stumped when it came to the crunch.

Pressure told, or maybe stupidity when Morgan and Bopara blew it having got England in pole position to win. From 46/4 off 8.4 overs needing 84 off 11.2 overs, England were 110/4 off 17.2 overs needing 20 runs off 16 balls, having scored 64 (for no wicket) off 8.4 overs at nearly eight an over

And when are England going to dump Buttler?!?!? I can hear Blakey saying "I 'ate you Buttler" and he'd have just cause, I think that takes his batting average below 12 and for a number seven to supposedly strengthen the batting that's feeble.

When Cook sent out Bairstow with a message, I think it may have been "play for rain" or "pray for rain", and "let's share it, better than nothing".

MUFC1987

Panel of Selectors
Meh, the best team in the tournament won. If we'd played 50 overs, they'd probably have won easier. Bell getting out didn't make that much difference and probably did us a favour really.

Here's hoping we have a shake up of the team in the future.

Helpman

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
See, the Proteas should have been in the final as this was choke of monumental proportions!

MUFC1987

Panel of Selectors
I don't see how you can call it choking. It's only choking if you have the game won. Needing 10 an over against decent spinners on a pitch turning square, is not having the game won. The key word is pressure. It's been the same all tournament. Too much pressure on those coming in too bash it for 4 or 6 straight away.

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I don't see how you can call it choking. It's only choking if you have the game won. Needing 10 an over against decent spinners on a pitch turning square, is not having the game won. The key word is pressure. It's been the same all tournament. Too much pressure on those coming in too bash it for 4 or 6 straight away.

100-4 and 20 needed in 15 balls

and you still lose ! I smell a choke

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
On a pitch turning square. When no spinner has gone above 6 an over all match. Read the rest of my post.

No there's no excuse for it. 6 wickets in hand, 15 off 20, the game is in the bag. Massive choke.

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
On a pitch turning square. When no spinner has gone above 6 an over all match. Read the rest of my post.

I did read it :) But c'mon. 20 off 15 with 6 wickets in hand. Even on a turning wicket, a top team is expected to pull this off

MUFC1987

Panel of Selectors
I did read it :) But c'mon. 20 off 15 with 6 wickets in hand. Even on a turning wicket, a top team is expected to pull this off

India are a top team and they only scored 25 runs off 24 balls against spin on that pitch. And that's without the pressure of the situation.

The problem is that no one actually knows what the phrase means before they use it.

Users who are viewing this thread