ICC III hands on/first impression

Sureshot

Executive member
Online Cricket Games Owned
Mine is processing on play.com, but as I ordered Cricket Coach 2007 in the same order, it might not be sent for me until CC07 is in stock as well.

They package things individually so they don't wait for other orders just get's popped into the mail.

Suddenly tomorrow is free, going to get me a trial going in the morning!

Play orders tend to take 3 days for me. Ie, An order despatched Monday would get to me on Thursday, you're in Manchester so it might take a little longer, especially with the Royal Mail having the hump atm.

Chris.

School Cricketer
I may not install mine untill 12am as if you do it now your wasting a whole days play.

PhilD123

International Coach
Play orders tend to take 3 days for me. Ie, An order despatched Monday would get to me on Thursday, you're in Manchester so it might take a little longer, especially with the Royal Mail having the hump atm.
The only negative of living in the north:p Saturday would be OK I guess, I remember ordering BLIC was very quick from there, hoping that it comes tomorrow, should do really if it was posted Yesterday

zub2005

International Coach
if i download the game but dont install till tomorrow, will it last till saturday night

Animator!

School Cricketer
Downloading it now. My preordered game should arrive by/or Saturday so I might as well install the demo now.

dikon

Club Cricketer
Just installing it now took 15 minutes, not bad.

Animator!

School Cricketer
5 minutes to download and install but I keep getting an error when I go to play it.
Cannot get caps for device? Can anyone elaborate for me please?

hollandcricket

Club Cricketer
Just played the demo from childishthings.co.uk and I'm really impressed! The 3D-Engine looks great! A BF-batpack for ICC III perhaps:p?
Anyway, the Hawk-eye(ish) ball tracking device is a nice feature too. Played one game on easy with England against NZ. Won by 56 runs. Bell and Pietersen had a partnership of +- 150. (Bell was out for 94, so there's realism: no maiden ODI century for Belly, yet!). And then bowled NZ for I think 180. Really quick game, but I was really pleased with this:
Flintoff bowled a quick yorker to Shane Bond. It came a mile back in to him and hit him on the back leg. Huge appeal from England but the umpire said "not out". Only hawk-eye suggested that it was clipping leg stump! It was really a dodgy one to call; "Might have hit leg stump, might have missed it. It's one of those, isn't it?" (according to a quote from G. Boycott). Anyway, to have mistakes by the umpire in game adds, in my opninnion, a bunch of realism to it all! (Which doesn't mean of course we should have R. Koertzen as umpire in the game:p)

Just felt I had to report this asap.:) Now I'm of for a sleep, it's getting late!

ShahidAfridi110

School Cricketer
tbh i find it very hard to play the game. the older versions were alot easier to navigate. however i suppose its improved alot

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
Horrible, the graphics (not in game) are outdated and horrid.

The best part is the 3d engine which is the big appeal.

Cricket Coach 07 is better, and CC shouldnt worry, ICC wont challange in my opinion.

Kerry_OKeeffe

Club Captain
Ball travels so fast to the boundary.

Horrible, the graphics (not in game) are outdated and horrid.

The best part is the 3d engine which is the big appeal.

Cricket Coach 07 is better, and CC shouldnt worry, ICC wont challange in my opinion.
So much better than CC it's not funny.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread