Story ICC Super Series 2006 [BLIC]

The Blazer

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Nice going by the World XI! Hopefully they can keep the pressure on and restrict Australia to a low score.

BigCrickNan

Chairman of Selectors
Australian innings ends in a hurry after Afridi and Murali rip through the lower order

Australia are now in big trouble in the 1st Super Series ODI after losing their last 6 wickets for 17 runs. Clarke was the first to go after 25 overs for 0, flicking a googly from Afridi straight to square leg who took a stunner above his head. Next to go was Martyn who edged a doosra from Murali to Pollock at 1st slip. Then 2 balls later Warne hit the ball straight to Inzamam Ul-haq, who put down a sitter. Warne offered the only resistance with 4 quick boundaries. Lee was out caught at fine leg off Murali, who then got Bracken c&b the very next delivery. The hattrick ball missed McGraths off stumps my mm's. Then Akhtar bowled Warne with a 82mph slower ball.

Australia - 137ao Martyn 25 Murali 3-8
WXI - 0/0

Screenies:

Bracken c&b first ball:

Warne bowled by a stunning yorker:

End of innings scorecards:

BigCrickNan

Chairman of Selectors
WXI Scrape home despite early wickets

The World XI have one the first ODI at Durban by 6 wickets. The innings started off with Glenn McGrath getting Graeme Smith caught at slip for a duck. The Bracken bowled 7 brilliant overs taking 3 wickets in each of the first 3. First was Afridi for 0, who drove a simle catch back to the bowler. then Dhoni went for 0 Lbw plumb in front right on the toe. Then Gibbs in the 6th over, misjudging a yorker and was bowled for 4. This left the World XI in a mess at 11-4, with Inzi and KP at the crease. They both played brilliantly in difficult conditions putting on 112 with Inzi scoring a good 50 off 62 balls. KP was the 5th wicket to go down, trying to be aggresive he it the ball straight to sqaure leg off Symonds. Inzi got out aswell, being bowled by Lee in the 27th over. Pollock and Flintoff batted senibly to take the World XI home with ease.

Next up: Post match interviews, then onto the 2nd odi.

Motm: Inzamam Ul-Haq.

Screenies:

Smith's mistimed pull to slip:

Inzamam bringing up his fifty:

Final scorecards:

usy

Chairman of Selectors
great story drew, welldone. Welldone Inzi :p.

BigCrickNan

Chairman of Selectors
Post match interviews:

MOTM: Inzamam

"I think the team bowled very well today to bowl a team like Australia out for 137. I'm just happy I did my part, as we were in massive trouble at 12-4. I enjoyed being out there and hope i can continue my form into the rest of the series.

The Captains

Ponting:
"We are very disapointed with our performance. We batted very poorly, some people got starts including myself and couldn't convert them. Full credit to our bowlers though as they gave us a chance early in the World XI's innings, especially Bracken. We just need to move on now and try to win the next game."

Smith:
"I'm very happy with the way the team played today. The bowling was disciplined and skillful, and we made use of the conditions. Our top order wasn't great either though, I just think they thought 137 was an easy total when it wasn't in these conditions. Superb performance by Inzi and KP though, and we can use this to set us up for a great series."

BigCrickNan

Chairman of Selectors
Teams for the 2nd ODI

The teams have been announced for the 2nd ODI at Bloemfontein:

Australia: (Katich for Jaques)

+Adam Gilchrist
Simon Katich
Ricky Ponting (C)
Damien Martyn
Andrew Symonds
Mike Hussey
Michael Clarke
Shane Warne
Brett Lee
Nathan Bracken
Glenn McGrath

World XI: (Sehwag for Gibbs, Ntini for Akhtar)

Graeme Smith (C)
Virender Sehwag
Kevin Pietersen
Inzamam Ul-Haq
Shahid Afridi
+Mahendra Dhoni
Andrew Flintoff
Shaun Pollock
Steve Harmison
Makhaya Ntini
Muttiah Muralitharan

Conditions:
Hot with a hard pitch.

BigCrickNan

Chairman of Selectors
25 Over update: Australia going well after 63 opening stand

Toss: World XI and bowled.

Australia are going well in the second Super Series ODI at 101-2 off 25 overs. Gilchrist and Katich both came out and hit boundaries with the occasional six. Gilchrist was the first to go in the 17th over, bowled by a stunning leg stump yorker from Flintoff (63-1). Katich went the next over flicking a gentle off spinner from Graeme Smith to short leg for 27. Martyn and Ponting have put on 38 and are both looking good in brilliant batting conditions.

Screenies:

The openers coming out and playing some shots:

Gilchrist gone for a good 33:

25 overs scorecards:

Last edited:

hondeyho

International Cricketer
Nice story Dree. The layout of the scorecards looks a bit weird though.

Users who are viewing this thread