Story ICC Super Series 2006 [BLIC]

BigCrickNan

Chairman of Selectors
This is gonna be the ICC Super Series 2006 on BLIC, which is in October/November 2006 in South Africa. I will be the WXI
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

superserieslogo7js.jpg

Following an arguement between the BCCI and the ICC, the ICC have decided to scrap the ICC Champions Trophy, and play a second ICC Super Series in South Africa. The series will consist of 5 ODI's and 3 Tests, and 1 20 Over international. Australia are still the leading team in both ODI and Test rankings, so they will be challenged by the WXI. There will be 15 man squads for both ODI and Test.

The schedule and squads are below:

SCHEDULE:
1st ODI - Durban - 2ND October
2nd ODI - Bloemfontein - 4th October
3rd ODI - Bloemfontein - 5th October
4th ODI - Cape Town - 7th October (D/N)
5th ODI - Port Elizabeth - 10th October

20 Over game - Durban - 12th October (D/N)

1st Test - Cape Town - 20th - 24th October
2nd Test - Durban - 31st - 4th November
3rd Test - Port Elizabeth - 10th - 14th November

Squads:
Australia ODI:

Simon Katich
Ricky Ponting (c)
Mike Hussey
+Adam Gilchrist
Michael Clarke
Andrew Symonds
Phil Jaques
Damien Martyn
Glenn McGrath
Jason Gillespie
Shane Warne
Nathan Bracken
Brad Hogg
+Brad Haddin
Brett Lee

Australia Test:

Justin Langer
Matthew Hayden
Ricky Ponting (c)
Damien Martyn
Andrew Symonds
Mike Hussey
+Adam Gilchrist
Shane Warne
Jason Gillespie
Glen McGrath
Brett Lee
Simon Katich
Nathan Bracken
Michael Clarke
Phil Jaques

World XI ODI:

Shahid Afridi
Graeme Smith (c)
Sachin Tendulkar
+Mahendra Dhoni
Kevin Pietersen
Virdender Sehwag
Andrew Flintoff
Steve Harmison
Muttiah Muralitharan
Daniel Vettori
Shoaib Akhtar
Hercshelle Gibbs
Inzamam Ul-Haq
Shaun Bollock
Makhaya Ntini

World XI Test:

Virender Sehwag
Rahul Dravid (c)
Sachin Tendulkar
Kevin Pietersen
Inzamam Ul-Haq
Stephen Fleming
+Mark Boucher
Steve Harmison
Muttiah Muralitharan
Anil Kumble
Matthew Hoggard
Andrew Flintoff
Brian Lara
Shaun Bollock
Graeme Smith

That's it for now, interviews and stuff to follow.

Last edited:

usy

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Agghhh, Where is Imran Farhat :p, best of luck.

BigCrickNan

Chairman of Selectors
News from the WXI camp

Lara looking to go out with a bang

sp7.jpg

West Indian legend Brian Lara is looking to go out with a bang, in what will be his last series before full retirement from all forms of the game. "It's been a hard couple of years for me and the team (WI), and as this is my last series i'm looking to go out on a real high. To beat Australia will be a big thing for me as I have a lot of success before against them invidually, but not team-wise".

Pietersen looking for revenge

sp.jpg

England batsman Kevin Pietersen is looking for revenge after last years series, when the World XI were smashed due to batting lapses. "Playing for the World XI was great last time, but we got hammered. I'm in the test squad aswell this year, so it will be my chance to shine away from home against Australia". The England star had a great last summer, scoring 4 centuries in 7 tests against Sri Lanka and Pakistan at an average of 69 with a strike rate of 89.

Boucher looking to home advantage for inspiration

s1.jpg

South African wicket keeper Mark Boucher is looking for the home advtange to give South African players in the World XI squad the edge when the series starts. "The home advtange should help the South African players, and their are quite a few in the squads. Australia struggled here last Summer, so we should look to do the same again". Boucher was a key member with the bat in that series, especially in chasing the mammoth total of 435.

usy

Chairman of Selectors
Freddi Captain, and Inzy not' , really weired.

BigCrickNan

Chairman of Selectors
News from the Australian camp

Ponting aware of tougher challenge

r53297_143783.jpg

Australian captain Ricky Ponting is aware that this time round the World Xi will pose a much bigger threat than last time round. "Last time we were surpised they played so badly. This time round I am 100% that it will be a much harder challenge. PLaying away will also be a disadvantage2. Ponting is still confident his team can win after their bowling attack has been revamped with the likes of Warne, McGrath and Gillespie.

Warne ready for ODI comeback

_41338083_warne_afp200.jpg

Australian Leg-spinner Shane Warne has said he is ready for an ODI comeback, after being called into the squad for the Super Series. "It's been a long time since i've played ODI cricket, but i've been playing domesticly so it shouldn't be much of a problem. I'll see how it goes in this series, then weigh up my chances of making the World Cup".

The Blazer

Club Cricketer
Agghhh, Where is Imran Farhat , best of luck.

lol Usy- You're always asking where Imran Farhat is! Maybe you like him more than we thought! :eek:

Anways, good luck with the series, man. Nice to see Afridi in the ODI squad. Hopefully he'll hit some big shots!

hondeyho

International Cricketer
To the less observent eye :p

Drewska said:
Shaun Bollock

Like the themed pictures Drewska - nice story you got going.

BigCrickNan

Chairman of Selectors
Thanks :D. I need to make the Australian ODI roster then I will give some updates from the first ODI.

BigCrickNan

Chairman of Selectors
ICC Announce late Channel 9 Deal

The ICC have announced the ICC Super Series 2006 will be shown on Australia's Channel 9, after a late deal just before the 1st ODI. The deal covers every ODI and Test, including the Twenty20 international.

Team for the first ODI

The teams have been announced for the first ODI at Durban:

Australia:

+Adam Gilchrist
Phil Jaques
Ricky Ponting (C)
Damien Martyn
Andrew Symonds
Mike Hussey
Michael Clarke
Shane Warne
Brett Lee
Nathan Bracken
Glenn McGrath

World XI:
Graeme Smith (C)
Shahid Afridi
Hershcelle Gibbs
Kevin Pietersen
Inzamam Ul-Haq
+Mahendra Dhoni
Andrew Flintoff
Shaun Pollock
Shoaib Akhtar
Steve Harmison
Muttiah Muralitharan

Conditions:
Humid, and the pitch is green.

BigCrickNan

Chairman of Selectors
Australia in trouble after electing to bat

Australia are 120-5 after 25 over in the first ODI in Durban. Australia won the toss in pretty good bowling conditions but elected to bat. Pollock opened to the bowling and his second ball was smashed for 6 by Gilchrist. Shoaib opened the with Bollock and picked up Jaques immediatly, caught at cover point for just one. Next to go was Gilchrist in the 5th over for 18 off just 13 balls, who was trying to play too many shots and was caught at square leg off Pollock. Harmison then got in on the act getting Ponting for 25 caught in the deep off a slower ball. Pollock then picked up Symonds who cut to deep point and was easily caught. Then in the 25th over Afridi struck, with Hussey caught for 25.

Screenies:

The openers, Shaun Pollock and Gilchrists 6:

Jaques gone:

Gilchrist out:

Scorecards:

usy

Chairman of Selectors
Yo nice World XI kit, RBK All the way ;). great great great!

Users who are viewing this thread