ICC Super Series

What will be the outcome of the ODI Series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Rangeela

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Schedule

Oct 2005

Wed 5 Australia v World XI Telstra Dome, Melbourne 1st ODI
Fri 7 Australia v World XI Telstra Dome, Melbourne 2nd ODI
Sun 9 Australia v World XI Telstra Dome, Melbourne 3rd ODI
Fri 14 - Wed 19 Australia v World XI Sydney Cricket Ground Test

One-Day Squad

* *Shaun Pollock
* Virender Sehwag
* Sachin Tendulkar
* Jacques Kallis
* Brian Lara
* Kevin Pietersen
* Herschelle Gibbs
* Andrew Flintoff
* +Kumar Sangakkara
* Shahid Afridi
* Shoaib Akhtar
* Makhaya Ntini
* Muttiah Muralitharan
* Daniel Vettori

Test Squad

* *Graeme Smith
* Virender Sehwag
* Rahul Dravid
* Sachin Tendulkar
* Brian Lara
* Jacques Kallis
* Andrew Flintoff
* Shaun Pollock
* +Mark Boucher
* Steve Harmison
* Shoaib Akhtar
* Muttiah Muralitharan
* Daniel Vettori

JamesyJames3

International Coach
Should be good, whats the deal with television coverage in england? is there any, liveor highlights?

Briggsey

International Coach
Cant wait for this series to begin! its going to be amazing and something to look back on. Shocked about Inzaman's expulsion from both squads as I thought he would have been up for captain of either squad. But in Smith and Pollock there are experienced captains who have both played against Australia and in Pollock somone who was captain of their team when facing them (i think!) so it should be very interesting to see how the teams mix and weather they can all work together as a unit against a very strong Australian team. I think the one day series will be 2-1 to the World XI and the test will be tight and too close to call at this stage with the quality in both teams!

JamesyJames3 said:
Should be good, whats the deal with television coverage in england? is there any, liveor highlights?
All of it will be shown on Sky

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
I hope for Australia fans they now pick the men in form now. For example including Symonds in both the ODI's and Test.

nightprowler10

Executive member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
My sig should say it all, if it shows that is. I'll still check the scorecards to see how the other Pakistani players are doing.

irottev

School Cricketer
Its amazing how this series creeped up on us, less then a month away. I can't wait, despite the poor selection of teams.

Sureshot

Executive member
What a ridiculous time to have it. we go to Pakistan a week after the test. Flintoff and Harmison should withdraw imo.

Reider84

School Cricketer
Sureshot said:
What a ridiculous time to have it. we go to Pakistan a week after the test. Flintoff and Harmison should withdraw imo.

Don't be daft, Flintoff will only need an over or two to bowl them out he'll be fine.

Just kidding of course ;)

I kind of agree but there are Pakistan players involved as well so maybe they could all just come to some agreement not to overuse them or to rest them for the final tests.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
I reckon the ROW side would be better with Simon Jones than with Steve Harmison at the moment. Also why is there no place for Ian Bell? :p

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
Yes, Jones is better then Harmison at this moment. But if some bowler drops out, my first choice would be Bond. :) Australia know him very well.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
I would like to see Aus pick form players also. The world will not be expecting too much from Aus now so what better time to blood youngsters.

irottev

School Cricketer
barmyarmy said:
I reckon the ROW side would be better with Simon Jones than with Steve Harmison at the moment. Also why is there no place for Ian Bell? :p

Ian Bell, haha you have to be kidding. I agree on Harmison, Bond would be better suited than Simon Jones.

I rekon Boucher was a bad decision in the test. Both Jones and McCullum have been in good form and should have both been taken ahead of him. Only time will tell to see if it was good or not.

Last edited:

angryangy

ICC Chairman
The thing is, Harmy is a seamer and that makes him suited to Australian conditions. Jones may not find the swing he uses so well in these conditions.

Sureshot

Executive member
ZexyZahid said:
Yes, Jones is better then Harmison at this moment. But if some bowler drops out, my first choice would be Bond. :) Australia know him very well.

I've still yet to see Bond bowl. :crying :noway

Users who are viewing this thread