ICC Super Series squads

UsmanCHADDA

County Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
iceman_waugh said:
do you guys know this fact...

GRAEME SMITH has not even played a single test match in australia.....
does that not sound ridiculous to appoint him as captain?
I'd rather go for pollock as test captain too .

Also inzimama outburst on espn star sports yesterday showed that he was pretty angry.i expected him to be in the team but not to be the captain.

He has played only two tests against Australia and has a average of 29.

Smith is a better captain than Dravid IMO.

rohan383

School Cricketer
sehwag in odi squad,its been a looooooooong time since he clicked and i think dravid shud be in his place,vaas shud be in place of harmy

dazza76

Club Cricketer
Im pretty sure i read somewhere that the squad selections were going to be based on past performances against Australia so perhaps somebody can tell me how Graeme Smith gets in to the squad ahead of Michael Vaughan and even more strange gets the captaincy?
It all sounds very odd to me especially as Smith has only ever played two tests against the Aussies and England captained by Vaughan beat South Africa captained by smith in there own backyard only recently.
It seems your face needs to fit at the ICC.

angryangy

ICC Chairman
UsmanCHADDA said:
Why so many Africans eh? I dont understand this at all.

I think predominantly, they are the better players. Smith is probably the best performing captain aside from Lara or Inzi and also a devastating opener. Kallis is in incredible form. Boucher is a stalwart and regarded by some as the best keeper. They also have the advantage of playing at home on pitches that are similar to Australia's.

The teams are designed to beat Australia in Australia, so there are a few perculiarities that may become clearer come October.

souljah

School Cricketer
guys there is no point of arguing, having no pakistani in the selectors panel justifies everything... gavaskar was one of the best ever but many know that he is not a fond of pakistanis... Inzi deserves a place in either or odi or test team, recent form? tendulkar hasn't done anything serious this whole year and on that he has been injured throughout. I'm still confused how they can pick Boucher and leave a player like Sangakara probably the best batsman/wicket keeper in the world after Gilchrist. Inzi instead of sehwag in the test side is a no-brainer... with smith and tendulkar opening and inzi takin' tendulkar middle order spot. its just messed up thats all i can say.

jazz

Panel of Selectors
i think its not fair they have picked tendulkar his still injured and he hasnt played cricket for a long time

angryangy

ICC Chairman
I'm sorry, Tendulkar is Tendulkar. He would probably make the team with ten broken fingers.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
tendulkar is still injured ...
maybe he wont make it in time for the super series.
that may give inzamam ul haq a good chance.

Users who are viewing this thread