ICC Super Series squads

JamesyJames3

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
I remember him getting Ponting dragged on in one of the tests <-----Thats lucky!

Then the world famous dubious LBW decision, but we cant live without them so ill let him off. Also we would have nothing to talk about without them!

scorpion_rulezz

Club Cricketer
UsmanCHADDA said:
How come Jayasuriya missed out? He is a better all-rounder than Afridi IMO. These suckers have missed out some of the best players: Jayasuriya, Vaas, Inzi (how can they do that?!), Youhana, Vaughan, Fleming etc

How come Boucher gets picked for the test team? Why so many Africans?
It's The Most Shocking Selection I've Ever Seen. How Can They Omit Inzy? He Has Been Averaging More Than 60 In Tests In The Past Couple Of Years, And More Than 45 In ODIs .Many Rate Him As The Best Batsman In The World. As For Injuries,Tendulkar Is Injured, And Unfit. And Four South Africans In The Test Squad? What Special Things Has Grame Smith Ever Done? Both Captains Are From South Africa !!! Vaughan,Jayasuriya,Fleming etc Lefted Behind :eek:
Very Very Disappointing Selection
Unfair With Inzimam Really :( He Deserved To Be In The World XI Atleast In One Squad Or Both Of Them He Stands A Chance There Ahead Of Gibbs,Sehwag And Peiterson....Shocking Selection
It's So Surprising News Because At One Time Inzimam Was Expecting As A Captain Of World XI
It Is Totally Unfair Selection ! :mad :mad :mad

rashaba16

Club Cricketer
The only problems I have with the squads are Akhtar being chosen, Dravid not in the ODI side and Inzi not being selected. Also Pietersen was chosen...he shouldn't have been chosen so soon. Inzi or Dravid instead. And instead of Akthar I'd choose Vaas. Also Vettori? Why?? Harbajan or Kumble should've been chosen.

angryangy

ICC Chairman
JamesyJames3 said:
I remember him getting Ponting dragged on in one of the tests <-----Thats lucky!

Then the world famous dubious LBW decision, but we cant live without them so ill let him off. Also we would have nothing to talk about without them!

More importantly, he was injured for most of the tour. And why was he injured? He wouldn't listen to Imran Khan and shorten his ridiculous run up (because Australian grounds can be tougher to run on), so eventually he tore his hamstring. I'd be more likely to say that he's a bad choice because of this.

Guys, you've got to remember that a lot of these guys have been picked because of who we want to see and also in fairness to the different cricketing nations of the world.

We want to see Tendulkar and Lara, they will be in any side regardless of form. Jacques Kallis is currently the best batsman in the world.

Shoaib Akhtar gets the nod because he's the fastest and creates exciting cricket. Steve Harmison makes an excellent partner for him and the only other option that could be concieved is Shane Bond, who has not played enough cricket of late to prove himself.

Afridi, Pietersen and Sehwag are all tremendous in full flight. Any one of them can put more pressure on a bowling attack than Dravid. In such a team, Dravid's dapper innings-binding style shouldn't be missed.

You can't legitimately pick Murali and Harbhajan in the same team, where is the variety? Murali is the one you're going to pick, every time.

Against Anil Kumble, Danny Vettori has a marginally better record in Australia in both forms of the game. Also he is probably the best representative for NZ and many New Zealanders are expected to attend the games.
http://stats.cricinfo.com/guru?sdb=...1;.cgifields=cplayerid;.cgifields=comparetype
http://stats.cricinfo.com/guru?sdb=...1;.cgifields=cplayerid;.cgifields=comparetype

Herschelle Gibbs is the one I'd probably drop in favour of Inzamam, but Gibbs has shown slightly better form in this calendar year and is a far more useful fielder than the potato-like Inzi. In fact I'd wager fielding and all-round value was far more important in selecting the ODI team.

Graeme Smith is a fantastic opening batsman and has been a successful captain. The opener's roles are the hardest to fill, as there are only two to pick from each team. In Smith you have a leader in every way except experience.

So many of the players selected bring more to the game than statistics (could you imagine Tendulkar and Lara batting to outdo each other?). At the same time there were some players that were very unlucky.

The bottom line is simple. Do you feel well represented by your country's selected players? Do you believe these teams will be exciting and interesting to watch?

pal

International Coach
Against Anil Kumble, Danny Vettori has a marginally better record in Australia in both forms of the game.

In tests against Australia:

Anil Kumble - 27.17
Vettori - 33.45

I understand what you're trying to say, but at the very least Kumble should have been in the test squad and Vettori in the ODI squad.

squiz

International Coach
Test (Against Aus in Aus):
Kumble: 29 wickets @ 40.00
Vettori: 29 wickets @ 37.62

ODI (Against Aus in Aus):
Kumble: 4 wickets @ 71.25
Vettori:10 wickets @ 38.30

Vettori the winner in this case...

pal

International Coach
Sorry, I was going with the overall figures, still he performed brilliantly the last time around he was in Australia (2003-04).

Last edited:

pal

International Coach
Lol, I think I am out of it at the moment, will go back and edit.

ronny_kingsley

Club Cricketer
As far as Inzamam nt picked I dont have qualms there.Even if he would have been picked he would not have made it to the XI .Thats the reason why he hasnt been choosen cos you cant have player of his stature in reserves.

But if we look at the ODI team there are no innings pacer at the top.Sehwag,Afridi,Sach,Lara are free flowers and Kallis wont make it to the XI in ODI's I suppose.So it makes it even more important ot have Dravid in the team.

Indiangod

International Coach
Dravid is a important member to have in any line up , in the last 3 years he has been consistant , and a rock slilid middle order batsmen , dravid could be a good finisher also , I think the aussies might be pleased that dravids not in the odi squad.

angryangy

ICC Chairman
So long as Tendulkar, Lara and Kallis are in the ODI squad I think the Aussies will be interested where Dravid is.

Users who are viewing this thread