Improvements For The Next Title

Gone4aDuck

International Coach
For all these sorts of changes it would most prop mean you'de have to skip a game release in 2011. I cant see codemasters letting that happen. I still think in 2 or 3 years if the international cricket franchise is kept up and running, it will be a decent game with not many bugs at all. (i couldnt type that with a straight face)!!

D

Dutch

I don't usually bother with these threads because I don't think anyone is really listening anyway but here are a few pennies from my piggy-bank.

A few things that need improving:

The big one for me is what I call "ball aliveness" for want of a better term. When the ball flies of the edge or comes off the bat is "alive" and seems to react well and spontaneous.

However as soon as it goes into the field it becomes very structured and follows set paths. You know when you have hit a certain shot in a certain way that it will travel so and so far, and just not reach the boundary at a set distance every time for example. I need to feel that every ball going into the field is different and that the match situation is unique every time.

The field needs to be alive like the pitch so that the ball does spontaneous things there that the fielders have to react to.

Wouldn't it be good that if like catching there was some interaction with fielding as well: left or right hand pick up? Hold onto the ball, shy at the stumps? Press a button on time like with the catching to get different results.

LBW appealing: manual button to appeal for LBW's or even umpire challenges.

Replays of course: Cricket 07 does this so well. Total control.

Camera control. Up and down, zoom in, zoom out, the works. then you can decide for yourself what works best.

A minimal hud mode for bowling where you see the marker but not the colour so that you at least know where you are aiming. At the moment the bowling hud off mode is very difficult and minimal hud too easy. Get rid of the colour and it is already more intuitive without becoming guess-work.

The big one: stats....we want stats, stats, stats. Cricket is about percentages and figures and averages. We need to see them, compare them, turn them into graphs and all that jazz!

Meh, enough for now......:)

Snake199

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Maybe career mode?

Start off as a 16 year old playing for the youth team for your county then work your way up to captaining England. You could have stats and everything (career runs, career wickets) ect. Choose whether to be a bowler, batter or all rounder. Bowling you could bowl an over, and if you bowl a good few overs than your captain will keep you on, but if your not doing to well then your captain will take you off. When your not bowling it gets simmed until your brought back on again. With batting it gets simmed until your on, then once your out the rest of the innings get simmed. (Obviously you may need to bat even if your a bowler down at 9,10,11)

More options about the way your player looks, just having a choice of 8 different faces aint good enough, sorry. Also choosing your player height? And making all the other players as tall as they are in real life. Because Tendulkar is not the same height as Broad:doh Also maybe player age? How old he is, and how old he looks as well. Making your own squad as well would be good.

Maybe make all pitches different sizes, and state how big they are before you use it. So lets say you want to use Melbourne, underneath it will say how big it is, so Big, Average, Small.

Weather changes through out the 5 days of a test match. So one day it may be cloudy, the next clear sunshine, then the next day on and off drizzle, then brightens up after tea, or something like that.

If a game gets really tense towards the end then maybe make the crowd sound more loud and excited, lets say if they need 10 off the last over or something, they crowd would be buzzing. Also in grounds in india, maybe make the crowd more Louder than at places in England.

Maybe add another thing when there is a six, a member of the crowd catches it and the camera zooms in? Not every time, but every so often, and the commentators could say something about like they do on telly.

Also have seagulls and birds on the pitch, and if the ball is hit towards them they all fly off, this always happens in real life!

Maybe bowler exhaustion meters, if a fast bowler is bowling, maybe have a exhaustion meter? Because a fast bowler can't bowl 20 overs in a row, normally they get tired after about 8, so they get brought off. If the exhaustion meter gets too low, than the bowler can't bowl again until it goes back high enough for him to bowl again.

Also, when I can't be bothered to bowl and simulate the innings, how come my fast bowlers take stumpings? Surely the spinners can only get stumpings, not fast bowlers.:doh

And when Simming, maybe decide how many overs you want it to sim, so have a choice of 1 over, 5,10,20,30,50,75, the day, 120. Or something like that?

cooks1st100

Panel of Selectors
A duck button and maybe holding down a shoulder button to be able to sway out of the way of bouncers. Which brings me to my next point, bouncer's that bounce!!!
I'd also like to see different heights for players therefore leading to variance in bowling as well as having to bowl different lengths to suit(or not) the batsman.
A clear difference between a backfoot length and a front foot one and only being able to play shots accordingly.
Plus many of the points already mentioned.

Gone4aDuck

International Coach
Bouncers and the whole bowling actions and ball flight i found better on AC09. Have you seen F.Edwards? He looks like he has the action of a medium pacer. You you cant really get a feel for the difference between a 90mph and an 80mph delivery. They look the same. To me anyway.

Kaos110

Club Cricketer
fielding must be improved and include more action and slides in the field. my idea would be very easy to implent in the game from my point of view. let it work like catching. if the ball rolls near the boundary and one fielder of my team is close enough start a diving animation with a red, orange and green cirlce around the fielders hand. if i time it well the fielder will stop the ball in the field, otherwise it goes for 4....hope you understand what i mean.....what do you think??

Gone4aDuck

International Coach
fielding must be improved and include more action and slides in the field. my idea would be very easy to implent in the game from my point of view. let it work like catching. if the ball rolls near the boundary and one fielder of my team is close enough start a diving animation with a red, orange and green cirlce around the fielders hand. if i time it well the fielder will stop the ball in the field, otherwise it goes for 4....hope you understand what i mean.....what do you think??

I actually think that would be a decent option. It would have to be on quicker moving balls though! Would look pretty daft diving for a ball just trickling to the rope!! But the main thing would be to have fielders diving on the boundries. AI or controlled.

Hellgood

School Cricketer
More teams. EA was terrible gameplay, but there were so many teams and tours it (sort of) made up for it. This game gets boring pretty quickly because theres hardly any teams or challenges. Bring in as many domestic leagues as possible. Licences also would make the game feel a lot more realistic.

Strauss is GOD

School Cricketer
I agree with nearly every point made here, a few from me though:

Fielders diving to stop it from going to the boundary, it's so frustrating when they are like a foot away from the ball and they just watch it go past them, so frustrating.

Definitely make the title something like Cricket 2011 and have as many domestic leagues as possible but make the English and Australian one's the top priority.

Weather conditions- bad light stops play, rain, when it's cloudy it swings and when it's sunny it's easier to bat.

Slip catches- make them to come to the fielder at waist high instead of bending down and almost every single time diving towards the ball.

Encouragement from fielders- Bowling Jimmy and stuff like that would really enhance the game.

D

Dutch

Absolutely good idea! There is so much more they could do to use the catching principal in other areas of fielding as well!

jaraarrow

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Game

The most important thing that codies could improve is the online aspect of the game,ie disconnections,penalize quitters and make the batting harder online instead of easy.
I bought the game to play online and these issues have absolutely killed the game for me.

D

Dutch

I agree with nearly every point made here, a few from me though:

Fielders diving to stop it from going to the boundary, it's so frustrating when they are like a foot away from the ball and they just watch it go past them, so frustrating.

Definitely make the title something like Cricket 2011 and have as many domestic leagues as possible but make the English and Australian one's the top priority.

Weather conditions- bad light stops play, rain, when it's cloudy it swings and when it's sunny it's easier to bat.

Slip catches- make them to come to the fielder at waist high instead of bending down and almost every single time diving towards the ball.

Encouragement from fielders- Bowling Jimmy and stuff like that would really enhance the game.

Yeah the fielders thing is awful plus that stupid sliding feet first for the ball when it is not neccessary or useful! Plus the fact that as soon as you or AI hit a boundary you know it because Aggers says something before the ball has left the pitch let alone reached the boundary....

Robot Bowler

School Cricketer
Also it is so hard to bowl maidens in a test match. The AI seems to be programmed to stay at about 4 runs per over, no matter the match situation. I often bowl 5 dot balls, then the AI thinks it is a free hit and dispatches the ball to the boundary on most occasions.

batonage

School Cricketer
lots of good point here...for me i'd like t see something like the skills rating seen in EA cricket, especially batting, where one of the criteria way agression and the player was rated low, medium or high (or something like that).

Also the fielding sucks. I love the catching system, but fielders not stopping balls at their feet etc. is stupid. Maybe the the catching system could be modified for ground fielding as well. Also a greater range of fielding positions (especially between the inner ring and the boundary).

Aloi I'd like to see the bowler and batter figures for the innings displayed, rather than career figures (or maybe have the ability to toggle between the two).

Users who are viewing this thread