Imran offers to tidy up Pakistan cricket mess

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
I don't think there's any doubting his ability as a player or the admiration he has of his nation but a good player does not automatically make a good coach. In pretty much every single international sport played even the great players need to do time at a lower level before stepping into coaching a top side. It could work but it could go horribly wrong.

manee

Chairman of Selectors
How much worse can getting knocked out of the World Cup in the group stages get?

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
manee said:
+ As I mentioned earlier, he has the support of Pakistan, which is half of the job.

yea i dont think anyone in Pakistan hates Imran, i think that everyone knows that he doesnt have coaching experience but did any 1st time coach have experience?. he starts of with plenty experience to know how to coach a team and plus in that article in the article he never said that he wants to be the coach of the team. he just wants to help the PCB.

manee

Chairman of Selectors
Right on cue evo.;)

Kev said:
Much worse, the World cup is a knockout tournament, one bad result and it costs you, it could happen to almost any side.

The comment was merely a set up for an angry england fan, which Evo took.

prarara

International Cricketer
I think you all are missing the point. Imran is offering to play again...:)

Bilal91

International Coach
well he's was a great player and if he can revive pakistan from this situation....he will be a legend in pak...

hassan

International Coach
umm i think he already is a legend aint he? but yeah one point we missing he never said he wants to coach them.. he just offered help and what help we dont know but i doubt he wants to coach as he is too busy with politics and i cant see him leaving that

shahid6995

Club Cricketer
I'll go away from the general sentiment here. Imran should NOT be the coach of the team. Give that to someone with actual coaching experience. I say this not because I think Imran would suck at it, but only because I believe Imran Khan would be much more useful as the head of the PCB. THATS the job that he needs to be doing. In charge of every damn thing, not just the coaching. Some time back Abdul Hafeez Kardar was the end-all be-all of Pakistan cricket. Our first captain, and later on head of the cricket board at the time. Completely autocratic, fearless, ruthless and a law unto himself. Revolutionized the game in Pakistan. You couldn't throw a cricket ball in an official capacity anywhere in the country without his say-so. Imran Khan himself said: After Kardar's retirement, Pakistan cricket was thrown to the wolves, the cricket bureaucrats whose progeny still rule the game. (This quote from Kardar's player page on CricInfo). That is the kind of person Imran was as a captain, and that is the kind of person we need at the top of our board. Imran is perfect to be that person. Give him a free hand and 5 years at the top without asking him for anything else.
But that will probably only be a fantasy. Imran may have suggested he wants to help but I don't believe that he will do so in any meaningful capacity, and let his political party go. That seems to be his first priority now. If he wants to help Pakistan cricket, it needs to be on a full time extended basis, not as a part time stop gap measure.

prarara

International Cricketer
shahid6995 said:
I'll go away from the general sentiment here. Imran should NOT be the coach of the team. Give that to someone with actual coaching experience. I say this not because I think Imran would suck at it, but only because I believe Imran Khan would be much more useful as the head of the PCB. THATS the job that he needs to be doing. In charge of every damn thing, not just the coaching. Some time back Abdul Hafeez Kardar was the end-all be-all of Pakistan cricket. Our first captain, and later on head of the cricket board at the time. Completely autocratic, fearless, ruthless and a law unto himself. Revolutionized the game in Pakistan. You couldn't throw a cricket ball in an official capacity anywhere in the country without his say-so. Imran Khan himself said: After Kardar's retirement, Pakistan cricket was thrown to the wolves, the cricket bureaucrats whose progeny still rule the game. (This quote from Kardar's player page on CricInfo). That is the kind of person Imran was as a captain, and that is the kind of person we need at the top of our board. Imran is perfect to be that person. Give him a free hand and 5 years at the top without asking him for anything else.
But that will probably only be a fantasy. Imran may have suggested he wants to help but I don't believe that he will do so in any meaningful capacity, and let his political party go. That seems to be his first priority now. If he wants to help Pakistan cricket, it needs to be on a full time extended basis, not as a part time stop gap measure.

Very well said and analyzed. It's interesting, though true, that in sports democracy may be more harmful than helpful.

smssia0112

Chairman of Selectors
hassan said:
Good coach.. he is an absolute bowler he can certainly teach bowling technique and all that and some batting too... trust me this guy knows his stuff
There's a big difference between being a good bowler or player or captain to being a good coach. There's a lot you don't use while playing that you need to know, not just coaching players but a lot of stuff to do for the team tactically. You can't just step from cricketer to international coach without experience at a lower level.

evertonfan said:
Losing 5-0 to Australia! :p
I'd rather lose 5-0 to the best team in the world than to lose to two teams ranked lower than you (one of which isn't even officially ranked).

aditya123

National Board President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Great for Pakistan cricket if Imran does get involved in Pakistan cricket in som way, not necessarily as coach.
I doubt whether that will happen because General.Musharraf is still the supreme authority on anything that goes on in Pakistan (also patron in chief of the PCB) and we all know Imran`s views on Musharraf.

Pakistan needs Imran at the helm of their cricket to sort out this mess.

usy

Chairman of Selectors
yes Imran really need you get us out'a this big mess.

Users who are viewing this thread