India in South Africa

andrew_nixon

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Although Tendulkar was guilty of ball tampering in that match, the BCCI requested the removal of Mike Denness as match referee due to the fines dished out by him over excessive appealing from some players.

nightprowler10

Executive member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Ah thanks for that info. I had been completely cut off from cricket throughout that period for personal reasons.

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
That tour was a pretty dramatic one. I wouldn't risk making a prediction two months in advance, the Champions Trophy and the Malaysia tri-series should build plenty of momentum for India (or the opposite).

ali_ed2001

Club Cricketer
well i dont think odi momentum would have any affect in tests...but I think India will do good, all rests on Dravid's shoulders.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
ali_ed2001 said:
well i dont think odi momentum would have any affect in tests...but I think India will do good, all rests on Dravid's shoulders.

I think the way the Indians play in the Champions Trophy will affect their performance in South Africa too.
The way we played in Malaysia shows that there is yet a lot to do.

vhl71

School Cricketer
who has rights to telecast this series in the US? any ideas?

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
ESPN I believe.
Team India will be flyin out in a couple of days to South Africa.
I think they would be pretty much unsuccesful in winning a test this time too.,given their current form.

Kal-El

Club Cricketer
andrew_nixon said:
Good to see that India have got over their Twenty20aphobia.
Of course, they realised that a) they could make money out of it, b) they could wear coloured clothes, sell them in shops and make money out of it and c) not have to play for more than a day, which leaves more time for other games and making more money.

SAfrica should win this, even if they are all but minnows nowadays. Rationale being India can't handle a pitch that gives the seamers anything, which is what SAfrica is all about.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Someone said India will come away with a test series victory! That, according to me, is a joke to predict! Indians have never won test series against strong nations in their own backyard. The last time we came close was drawing with Australia in 2003. We beat West Indies who have always been a weak side in the tests but that too we stuttered and won 1-0!

I definitely expect India to get a battering in the tests. The ODI's might be a different ball game. Sehwag will love such wickets where there is good bounce and carry. He should do well in South Africa. Same with Dhoni! But the likes of Dhoni, Pathan and the youngsters are yet to be tested in such conditions of bounce and pace. So its going to be itchy for India. I predict a 3-2 win for South Africa in the ODI's and a 2-1 win for South Africa in the tests!

This current Indian team doesnt seem to inspire any hopes these days! Had the captain been Saurav Ganguly, I would have said India could win either of the two series! But Dravid as a captain just doesnt impress me at all!

Last edited:

Cricket_god

Associate Cricketer
saisrini80 said:
Someone said India will come away with a test series victory! That, according to me, is a joke to predict! Indians have never won test series against strong nations in their own backyard. The last time we came close was drawing with Australia in 2003. We beat West Indies who have always been a weak side in the tests but that too we stuttered and won 1-0!

I definitely expect India to get a battering in the tests. The ODI's might be a different ball game. Sehwag will love such wickets where there is good bounce and carry. He should do well in South Africa. Same with Dhoni! But the likes of Dhoni, Pathan and the youngsters are yet to be tested in such conditions of bounce and pace. So its going to be itchy for India. I predict a 3-2 win for South Africa in the ODI's and a 2-1 win for South Africa in the tests!

This current Indian team doesnt seem to inspire any hopes these days! Had the captain been Saurav Ganguly, I would have said India could win either of the two series! But Dravid as a captain just doesnt impress me at all!

Come on in odis india might not have a chance but in tests last time also we only lost 1-0 and this time we have a decent pace bowling line up and a good batting line up in tests if all goes well we should atleast draw the test series or win it.
:happy :happy

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
last time, the south african team werent that aggressive... this time the team under graeme smith looks a whole lot aggressive. ntini is bowling superbly, pollock is as usual tight on line and length, they have aggressive guys in nel and langeveldt, etc. gibbs is there to pile up runs along with smith. kallis is there.

its not going to be easy for india!

vhl71

School Cricketer
is this series available on dishnetwork? can anyone pls confirm ..i know it is on directv..bu t i got only dishnet..!!

Bilal91

International Coach
india have got a lot to prove in this series but its gonna be tricky for them as they are not used to the bouncy pitches of SA...

Users who are viewing this thread