India in South Africa

s2sschan

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
saisrini80 said:
Had the captain been Saurav Ganguly, I would have said India could win either of the two series! But Dravid as a captain just doesnt impress me at all!

The Captain and Coach are as good as their team. Individuals can't win Test Matches, maybe ODIs.

Based on reputation, I think this is the best Indian side to tour South Africa. What worries me though is that besides Dravid and Tendulkar, the other batsmen haven't performed on pitches with bounce and pace.

Anyways on the recent Australian and English tours, the Indian batsmen delivered but our pacers couldn't bowl the opposition twice consistently.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
chan my friend,the Indian bowling was strong only in the World Cup,Pakistan tour and the Australian tour.

The team as you say is a big worry.
Then why not go back on dependable and experienced peopel who have turned up for the nation ?
The World Cups just months away and if we do not get a proper unit in place it can spell a lot of trouble.

Cricket_god

Associate Cricketer
iceman_waugh said:
chan my friend,the Indian bowling was strong only in the World Cup,Pakistan tour and the Australian tour.

The team as you say is a big worry.
Then why not go back on dependable and experienced peopel who have turned up for the nation ?
The World Cups just months away and if we do not get a proper unit in place it can spell a lot of trouble.

i have to disagree this indian bowling line up is the best till now the potential is great most of them can touch 90 miles .we have variety with a inswing bowler and a outswing bowler and a seam bowler so i think just give them time they will turn out to be world class
:happy

Maxkarter

Battrick Tournament Host
This series is going to be quite interesting, the 'Rest of South Africa' squad wins quite convincingly. Now all that needs to happen is that the 'Proper' squad lose a few matches or even the series. It makes you wonder who the better squad is or what it is making the difference thats creating these victories.

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
Maxkarter said:
This series is going to be quite interesting, the 'Rest of South Africa' squad wins quite convincingly. Now all that needs to happen is that the 'Proper' squad lose a few matches or even the series. It makes you wonder who the better squad is or what it is making the difference thats creating these victories.

Err it's a tour/warmup game, that's the difference. Australia lost to Somerset in a warmup game, but they are certainly not worse than them.

Cricket_god

Associate Cricketer
I ndia lost to pakistan A and went on to win both the oneday and test series.Pratice Games are meant to adjust to the conditions surely india might have got a good taste of the conditions.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Cricket_god said:
i have to disagree this indian bowling line up is the best till now the potential is great most of them can touch 90 miles .we have variety with a inswing bowler and a outswing bowler and a seam bowler so i think just give them time they will turn out to be world class
:happy

I may be rude here but it is not.

There is a huge difference between them touching 90 miles actually and can touch 90 miles.

We do have inswing and outswing bowlers just for the namesake.
None of them can swing.Infact they have a lot of aggression.
E.g- SReesanth.

You talk of giving time,agreed but how much ?

Maxkarter

Battrick Tournament Host
puddleduck said:
Err it's a tour/warmup game, that's the difference. Australia lost to Somerset in a warmup game, but they are certainly not worse than them.

I'm not saying that India played badly or anything, as I know they have to adjust etc. But what I'm trying to say is that the Rest of SA squad looked to be working really well as a unit and played very well. The national squad often doesnt seem to play with that kind of commitment and gusto thats all, they just don't look the part after seeing the Rest of SA squad play.

Gunner786

Panel of Selectors
the 2004 indian team was better than this team so they came back and won test and odi series vs pakistan after losing to pakistan A,

this team is nowhere near as strong as that team

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
Hmph, India's chances are slim, tests or odi's.

And for all the people with the questions about the telecasting in the US, direct tv has rights, but www.willow.tv has internet rights. :)

Thinkin that this match is going to be abandoned.

2-2 tie again maybe, with this being abandoned.
the 20-20 goes to SA, they just have alot more experience. tests, i think is gonna be a draw. 0-0

Maxkarter

Battrick Tournament Host
Cricket_god said:
Come On guys no post here Wake up India Is Playing

Well there isn't much to discuss at the moment with the rain delay, such a pity about the weather, though it was speculated that it would rain over the weekend.

I just hope they do get to play, i'm really looking forward to this match and series.

Users who are viewing this thread