India in South Africa

Cricket_god

Associate Cricketer
saisrini80 said:
I think Ganguly would be a better player for the World Cup. He has been bowling quite often these days and is picking up wickets too. I expect the wickets in the West Indies to have more juice in them when the World Cup starts. This was even hinted by Walsh when he came to promote the Caribbean World Cup in India! So having Ganguly would be better in the World Cup

Some of Vengsarkar's comments after yesterday's selection meeting

Couldnt stop laughing after reading this! That was a huge shot given by Vengsarkar to those who talk about grooming the team in the international matches. You can give them chances if they promise well, but you have to balance between the chances given to youngsters and the victories of the team! This statement appears to be a very good answer to a certain "Guru" who is a big fan of such methods!

I think ganguly will be excellent choice for the world cup not because of his bowling as no matter what you do the wickets will be low and slow.i can guarantee that there will be no grass in any of odi matches so ganguly's batting in middle overs against spinners will be required.

I do not agree
your comment it is not the youngsters who are failing only suresh raina was a youngster ,dinesh mongia ,kaif were scape goats because they are lesser known they got limited oppurtunities but players like shewag go on playing
please do not put all the blame on people who got only i chance and even on good batting pitches batted at no7.

cricket_lover

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
saisrini80 said:
Some of Vengsarkar's comments after yesterday's selection meeting

Couldnt stop laughing after reading this! That was a huge shot given by Vengsarkar to those who talk about grooming the team in the international matches. You can give them chances if they promise well, but you have to balance between the chances given to youngsters and the victories of the team! This statement appears to be a very good answer to a certain "Guru" who is a big fan of such methods!
would like to see Chappell's reaction. Nice to see the selectors not succumbing to pressure. More and co. couldn't do that.

You're right, Ganguly will be a big factor, no doubt, for WC chances. Apart from Kaif and Yuvraj, none of the youngsters played in a WC. and trust me, this time it will be much much tougher. Last WC, very very few teams peaked. IMO, only India and Australia deserved to be in finals.

Come 2007, it'll be different. Australia, SA, WI, SL, Pakistan, and India all have chances. NZ and ENG are also a threat. So this should be much closer, and haviing looked at how the pitch(es) turned out in the previous tour, it'll be very interessting.

please do not put all the blame on people who got only i chance and even on good batting pitches batted at no7.
I always felt for Kaif. I think he deserves more chances than Sehwag. Kaif has done quite good till Champions trophy (good series in Carribean, not bad in Malaysia). Sehwag's failures date to 2005 Pakistan tour of India. Infact, Kaif has won equal/more number of matches than India, batting down the order, helped when the team was in trouble. His electric fielding is also a big big point.

But its not a bad idea to give him a break, get back to basics, and get ready for home series.

Last edited:

Gibbsrules

Club Cricketer
SA pro 20 squad:
Graeme Smith (capt), Loots Bosman, AB de Villiers, Herschelle Gibbs, Tyron Henderson, Justin Kemp, Charl Langeveldt, Albie Morkel, Robin Petersen, Ashwell Prince, Roger Telemachus, and Johan van der Wath

Some big hitters in there,Bosman is one of our best in pro 20 and Kemp,Morkel and Henderson can all hit the ball many a mile.Not sure what Prince is doing in the squad,maybe its because of his athletic fielding.Hopefully Smith can use this to find himself some form.Won't be a walkover though,India have big hitters of their own,Dhoni,Sehwag and Pathan could be very dangerous,anything can happen....I can't wait:)

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
Bosman was out for run. But so far South Africa is going steady. Smith has hit all his three fours against Sreesanth.

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
Good bowling from Zaheer and Agarkar. South Africa 49/4 from 9 overs with Agarkar and Zaheer each bagging 2 wickets. Zaheer actually bowled his quota for less than 4 an over! And Agarkar has a maiden in his two. However, it's Pathan's turn to bowl now, so many runs will flow!

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
South Africa 57/4 after 10 overs. I expected a bit more from South Africa.

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
How?? I saw that on Cricinfo, is it serious?
Kumble should be playing, IMO he'd be a great Twenty20 bowler.
Sachin strikes, and rain!!! Nooo!! We were finally winning :(

word on Agarkar is that he has torn his groin muscle and he's out of this match
Ah.

Bloody rain is getting heavier :(

18.5 Harbhajan Singh to Peterson, OUT, madness! Flat outside off stump, and he slogs the free hit down to the man at long-on, who takes the catch, but Peterson's lost his marbles, and begins to walk away, thinking he was out, and the throw that comes back to Harbhajan is whipped off with the bails, and Peterson has to go...oh ho!
RJ Peterson run out 8 (12b 0x4 0x6) SR: 66.66
From...well, it's obvious.
LOL! :D:D
Petersen should familiarise himself with Twenty20 more :D

Last edited:

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
I don't know if the rain did anything, but they end up 126/9. However, India should hardly take this lightly. They have trouble reaching this score in 50 overs.

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
127 to win. Can they win this? Of course they can!!!

I'm talking about South Africa. India haven't a shot in hell.

Gibbsrules

Club Cricketer
Was a dissapointing batting performance,good bowling by India though.Albie Morkel is starting to really impress now,that one 6 was massive!Will be interesting to see how the Indians go about chacing this score.

cricket_lover

International Cricketer
True, the Indian reply will be interesting. lets see if the big guns can pull this off.

prarara

International Cricketer
ZoraxDoom said:
How?? I saw that on Cricinfo, is it serious?
Kumble should be playing, IMO he'd be a great Twenty20 bowler.
Sachin strikes, and rain!!! Nooo!! We were finally winning :(

Ah.

Bloody rain is getting heavier :(

From...well, it's obvious.
LOL! :D:D
Petersen should familiarise himself with Twenty20 more :D
I'm not familiar with free hit. What's that?

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
After bowling a no-ball, not only do they have to repeat the ball, but the ball is a free hit. That is, the batsman cannot get out save a runout. He wasn't out when caught, but thought he was, and got runout :D

0.4 van der Wath to Sehwag, no run, short and wide, it moved away from Sehwag too, pretty close to being wide but the umpire lets it go, Sehwag resisted the urge to upper-cut that
He can resist the urge in a 20 over game, but not in a 50 over game...

van der Wath to Sehwag, no run, pitches outside off stumpa nd swings away from Sehwag who ... lets it go
W
T
F
???

prarara

International Cricketer
...by playing a 20/20. Dangit, cmon I hope we can win this!

Users who are viewing this thread