India in Sri Lanka 2009 (5 ODIs)

Total ownage. Time to rest Tendulkar.

Can we drop rest two games and save burnout. Just jump to T20 game and end the tour.

great batting by Sangakkara

Yeah,but not that good to save the ODI :)

Poor Lankans they won in Pakistan- not at all hard to beat Pakistan but security issue and the lost to Indians in their Home grounds

Poor M&M ;)

LOL annoying Devil i hope you were there playing for Lankan side or cheering for SL in mini skirt and the same red clown clothes ;)

India win 3-0 hope we do 5-0 as we did to the England ! :happy

Last edited:
Total ownage. Time to rest Tendulkar.

Poor guy! He has got three bad decisions so far. One or two is OK! Three???

Its suspicious to me how they are so consistent in giving him wrong decisions

Next match Sachin will walk as soon as ball hits his pads.

Woah 363! nice to see India going strong. Anyone know the situation with the ICC ranks, are India about topple us in the ODI front?

india need to win 5-0 and australia shld lose to the kiwis for india to go to no.1 in the ranking,anyway irrespective of wht the rankings say,india is already the number 1 team in one dayers.

Can't just say India are No.1 without them having played South Africa.

Anyways as Sid said today was total ownage by Viru and UV. Hopefully both can continue to be as dominant in the remainder of the series. These two players alone can win the match IMO. Also Yusuf played a vital part in the total. He's not a Shahid Afridi type Slogger, He knows which balls he can send sailing over the fence and picks them only, He doesn't hit every ball mindlessly. Ojha also impressed me today with his turn and bounce. He looks a good prospect but I still prefer Murali Kartik.

Ojha finally proved himself today though he needs to turn in more of those performances to cement his place. I would try out Ravindra Jadeja next two games to give him exposure (and see how he copes). I would rest Zaheer Khan and give Ravi Jadeja a chance. Rohit Sharma in for Sachin Tendulkar/Suresh Raina and Balaji/Irfan for Ishant Sharma (or try this in the 5th game).

saisrini80 added 5 Minutes and 52 Seconds later...

Woah 363! nice to see India going strong. Anyone know the situation with the ICC ranks, are India about topple us in the ODI front?

There is a chance. If India win the next two, we go to 123 points. Australia are at 123 right now. They have 3 games vs New Zealand to go. if they win 2 and lose 1, they stay ahead. If they lose 2 and win 1, they equal India (but I dont know who is ahead on the decimal point calculation). If Australia lose all three, India are No.2 automatically. You can check the ranking predictor and see how it will turn out

ICC - Ranking Predictor

Anyways, we are a better ODI outfit than Australia right now (we will know if we're equal to SA if we play them). We have beaten Australia in Australia, we have been invincible at home, we have beaten Sri Lanka twice in Sri Lanka, apart from the final losses in the Kitply cup (against Pakistan) and the Asia Cup (against Sri Lanka), we have won every single match (in those two tournaments).

Last edited:
If India win the next game also, we will be on 122 and on 123 If we win both the games. We needs to win both the games to make sure they stay at No.2

If Australia loose the next game aswell, they will be on 121. If Australia loose 3-2, They will be on 122. But If Australia win 3-2, they will be on 124.

Murili should get the record and then retire really.

Man India hammered SL. Great to see :)

murali is still a force in all forms of the game,he hasn had the best of the series so far but all credit to the indian batsmen.

Users who are viewing this thread