India Team Discussion

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
I think the MS Dhoni pendulum is a very confusing one. I have never doubted his commitment, fitness and calm. I know for a fact that he will leave the day anyone raises a question on any of these aspects. In fact, no one ever will because he would be gone by then. BUT, his innings in SL are not the reason for the doubts over MSD. He is the best keeper in the world. My only doubts pertaining to him are rotation against spin and savage hitting at the end. He made Faulkner look like an idiot in the first ODI, but the MSD of old would make a Malinga at his peak look like an idiot. I will reserve judgement till I see him cart someone like Cummins or Coulter-Nile around the park. Regardless of whether he plays in 2019 or even another game, he for me will be the greatest limited overs cricketer ever and this comes from a chap who worships the man in my avatar.

Villain

ICC Board Member
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
A little off the topic but 19 minutes of pure gold from Nehra ji!

This show and What The Duck on YouTube are some good ways to pass time..

Villain

ICC Board Member
India
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Think they'll try and experiment for the next two matches since we won the series already. Dhawan will be returning though.

Aislabie

Test Cricket is Best Cricket
Ireland
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Okay, so India don't have another Test until 1st August - could Prithvi Shaw be at the top of the order for it?

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
Okay, so India don't have another Test until 1st August - could Prithvi Shaw be at the top of the order for it?

Of course not. He has little to no experience. What is the point of putting a 17 yr old at the top of the order when there are better and more experienced options available?

Aislabie

Test Cricket is Best Cricket
Ireland
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Of course not. He has little to no experience. What is the point of putting a 17 yr old at the top of the order when there are better and more experienced options available?
What if there are no better options available? If you're good enough you're old enough, and this kid is record-breakingly good.

Velocity

International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
Whoa hold on a second. He'll definitely be in the mix of things in the future, but how could he play now? He needs a few years in the domestic scene, then only can he play for India. The best thing to do is not to rush with selection.

Users who are viewing this thread