India Team Discussion

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
To be honest and fair lets have a look at how much India has played Abroad vs Home since 2013 (only tests)(5 years)

Away Tours

India tour of New Zealand 2013 (2 test)
India tour of South Africa 2013 (2 test)
India tour of England 2014 (4 test)
India tour of Australia 2014 (4 test)
India tour of Bangladesh 2015 (1 test)
India tour of Sri Lanka 2015(3 test)
India tour of West Indies 2016(4 test)
India tour of Sri Lanka 2017(3 test)
India tour of South Africa (3 test) *

Total - 23

Home Tours

West Indies tour of India 2014 (3 test)
South Africa tour of India 2015(3 test)
New Zealand tour of India 2016(3 test)
England tour of India 2016(5 test)
Bangladesh tour of India 2016(1 test)
Australia tour of India 2016(4 test)
Sri Lanka tour of India 2017 (3 test)

Total - 22

So basically India has played 23 tests away in 5 years period and has played 22 tests at home. Now tell me how is that India plays at Home more? Or how has Kohli boosted his record more at home when he has equally played away and home. Remove the South Africa series that is yet to be played and its still only 3 test matches played less. Add to the fact that in 2013 season India only played away at New Zealand (2 test matches) & South Africa (2 test matches) so in short in last 5 years India has played 23 away test matches not including the upcoming South African tour to 22 test matches at home. So your point makes no sense :)

EDIT

Also others do not get straight run because they dont have schedules set as India. Everyone wants to earn their slice of money from India and India plays everyone unlike other countries. Every country makes more then any series money playing against India.

Thanks for a detailed answer, It's not about ranting let me make clear, I had a question and you answered in detail to my knowledge. However, Does any other top team gets home series this consecutively back to back? I believe that distribution between tours of top teams should be equal to fair. The money point is quite valid, It's the Money game after all.

Good for you guys. Had there been as much cricket between us as there used to be, the head to head record would be in our favour by now.

Hahaha, Come On Man, Seriously? If Pak vs India plays a 5 ODI Series, it will be a nail-biter series and close games with an equal chance for both teams. The moment both teams start playing again back to back matches, the final comment about the best team would come by then :) As far as the team matches are concerned, India does hold an edge at this stage but not when Misbah and Younis were there. Even then A test series would be awesome and always welcome by Pakistan :)

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Thanks for a detailed answer, It's not about ranting let me make clear, I had a question and you answered in detail to my knowledge. However, Does any other top team gets home series this consecutively back to back? I believe that distribution between tours of top teams should be equal to fair. The money point is quite valid, It's the Money game after all.

I think India has always played like this, 2 years away continuously & 2 years at home. That will change now from 2019 apparently. Everyone plays a home series every year especially Australia, South African & England and it should be same for every country not just one or two.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Good for you guys. Had there been as much cricket between us as there used to be, the head to head record would be in our favour by now.
Well, we beat you last time we played a series, despite being the underdogs. You can't predict such matches.
I think India has always played like this, 2 years away continuously & 2 years at home. That will change now from 2019 apparently. Everyone plays a home series every year especially Australia, South African & England and it should be same for every country not just one or two.
I think the blame lies partly with the BCCI itself too. They could have asked for a more diverse distribution of home/away series, and their demads certainly are taken seriously in the ICC (not saying that that is wrong or unfair, i think when you're the biggest contributor you deserve some more influence too)

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Well, we beat you last time we played a series, despite being the underdogs. You can't predict such matches.

I think the blame lies partly with the BCCI itself too. They could have asked for a more diverse distribution of home/away series, and their demads certainly are taken seriously in the ICC (not saying that that is wrong or unfair, i think when you're the biggest contributor you deserve some more influence too)
And that is what they will get from 2019. Good thing to notice is 50 less days of cricket the cricketers will be facing.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
And finally!

View attachment 201711

Now the media can stop! Congratulations to the captain.

An image that feels like it's right of Kuch Kuch Hota Hai! :D Good for both of them! Hoping for a long term and successful marriage. Celebrity marriages such as this are generally fickle, but there are lot of growing instances of super successful ones too.

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India

Only an ignorant person will not acknowledge the fact that India have been a stronger cricket team than Pakistan from the 2000's. I don't think it's rocket science to conclude that the two decades before that, Pakistan were superior.

Also, your digs on the BCCI are getting quite boring. It makes no difference to India financially whether we play with Pakistan or not. The desperation is from the PCB, clearly because they can benefit a lot from it financially. Even if the BCCI goes ahead with whatever financial conditions the PCB demands, the Indian Govt. may not allow the two countries to play.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Also, your digs on the BCCI are getting quite boring. It makes no difference to India financially whether we play with Pakistan or not. The desperation is from the PCB, clearly because they can benefit a lot from it financially. Even if the BCCI goes ahead with whatever financial conditions the PCB demands, the Indian Govt. may not allow the two countries to play.
What digs? You're so paranoid.

Villain

ICC Board Member
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Hahaha, Come On Man, Seriously? If Pak vs India plays a 5 ODI Series, it will be a nail-biter series and close games with an equal chance for both teams. The moment both teams start playing again back to back matches, the final comment about the best team would come by then :) As far as the team matches are concerned, India does hold an edge at this stage but not when Misbah and Younis were there. Even then A test series would be awesome and always welcome by Pakistan :)
giphy.gif

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India

The DIG

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
So you're saying the BCCI didn't have any fault in not asking for a more balanced FTP?

The problems with FTP and scheduling stems from the ICC. Unlike any other sport, cricket is the most unorganised sector when it comes to laying emphasis on tournaments.

I very firmly believe that there should be an annual tournament in all 3 formats that is governed, organised and managed by the ICC and not the boards. The boards should benefit from the commercial side and the remuneration side but the scheduling and governance of the sport will truly lie with an independent body and not the national boards. For e:g the Ashes remuneration should be shared 45-45 between CA and the ECB with the ICC getting 10% but when it happens and where it happens is due diligence of the ICC, not it's boards.

You tell me, wtf is the point of this ODI series between IND and SL other than milking the dough? I really really do believe that a champions trophy where each country plays another thrice (once home, once away and once neutral) culminating in one winner is the way forward. I think T20I is just a stupidity and the WC should be made a 4 year cycle with the only time teams play T20I's. There's enough franchise cricket for us to feed on to satiate the T20 hunger.

The ICC test championship which will be determined over 2 years is a nice way to make tests meaningful.

In all of this, the boards must be allocated shares with the BCCI and BCB at the moment getting the bulk due to their ability to generate revenue. I wouldn't mind it being shared in a ratio with each board allocating some part of that fund again in a way of ratio to the ICC.

You can look at other sports i.e soccer where FIFA regulates and organises national events. Formula 1 where the FIA is the governance head and Liberty media the commercial rights holder. Tennis has been beautifully organised for donkey's years.

In these sports, one fine day Federer can't decide to play Nadal. Or, Ferrari can't decide to race Mercedes and so on and so forth.

Villain

ICC Board Member
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4

Users who are viewing this thread