1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India

Couldn't help watching this. A few things stand out:

Just look at the crowd! And compare that with the effing thing we had in Ahmedabad!:abuse::facepalm2:

They appluaded during the Sri Lankan batting, cheered India on whenever a wicket fell and just look at those 'Ooohs' & 'Aaahs'

That's why host finals in laces that are worthy of hosting them!

noducksallowed

Club Captain

Couldn't help watching this. A few things stand out:

Just look at the crowd! And compare that with the effing thing we had in Ahmedabad!:abuse::facepalm2:

They appluaded during the Sri Lankan batting, cheered India on whenever a wicket fell and just look at those 'Ooohs' & 'Aaahs'

That's why host finals in laces that are worthy of hosting them!

India 2011 was actually an OK tournament and a step up from the disasters of 03 and 07.

In 2023 it was a horrendous propaganda tool for the Modi regime, what did you expect would happen?

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
India 2011 was actually an OK tournament and a step up from the disasters of 03 and 07.

In 2023 it was a horrendous propaganda tool for the Modi regime, what did you expect would happen?
India 2011 was a good tournament. I might sound biased cause I really like that format.

India 2023 was definitely a Modi show-else they wouldn't have allocated as many matches to Ahmedabad and Lucknow.

I hear they are building a stadium in the Death Capital of India, Varanasi. Hopefully, common sense prevails and they don't schedule any WT20 2026 games there.

noducksallowed

Club Captain
India 2011 was a good tournament. I might sound biased cause I really like that format.

India 2023 was definitely a Modi show-else they wouldn't have allocated as many matches to Ahmedabad and Lucknow.

I hear they are building a stadium in the Death Capital of India, Varanasi. Hopefully, common sense prevails and they don't schedule any WT20 2026 games there.

I hope common sense prevails and the world t20 is moved.

I say that very seriously, India was horrendous and will only get worse.
Post automatically merged:

Not sure why it would be news to anyone that India of the 2000s was better than the Indian test teams that have followed, or even the teams that preceded them.

I think they were the 3rd best test side of the 2000s after Australia and SA. Drawn series v Australia and even a victory in England.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
India of 2000s vs India of the current decade

The major difference is in the fans who follow these Test teams. Oldies like me have seen the struggles of our team in trying to cope with the excess bounce at Leeds, Durban, Perth, Barbados- to name a few. Each country represented a different challenge. Their bowlers knew how to utilise home conditions well- so much so that countries like Zimbabwe( they were quite strong) too were challenging for many countries.

The current fans only see hyper effing aggression from Virat and feel that's the way to play. Going after unnatural targets and trying to win at any cost is/ was the Kohli mentality. This has meant that we lost more games, but some pundits feel this is the way and that this team was better.

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned

The major difference is in the fans who follow these Test teams. Oldies like me have seen the struggles of our team in trying to cope with the excess bounce at Leeds, Durban, Perth, Barbados- to name a few. Each country represented a different challenge. Their bowlers knew how to utilise home conditions well- so much so that countries like Zimbabwe( they were quite strong) too were challenging for many countries.

The current fans only see hyper effing aggression from Virat and feel that's the way to play. Going after unnatural targets and trying to win at any cost is/ was the Kohli mentality. This has meant that we lost more games, but some pundits feel this is the way and that this team was better.

Are you suggesting that batting in the 2000s era of roads was harder than the later part of the previous decade when batting averages globally have fallen?

The 2000s Indian team had better batting (at the least they were more consistent) but the Kohli team has better bowling (I’d say much better). The latter often tends to make a difference between two sides that don’t differ too much in overall quality.

noducksallowed

Club Captain

Virat's alpha maleness turned out to be quite fake didnt it? I watched him play as captain but Dhoni clearly still dominated...then I saw him bow down and lose out to Rohit.

And while Kohli had this aggressive persona, he captained very defensively.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Are you suggesting that batting in the 2000s era of roads was harder than the later part of the previous decade when batting averages globally have fallen?
Yes mate. Batting in the early aughts was harder. Global averages have fallen in the 2nd part of the previous decade due to the advent of T20 and unavailability of classical cricketers.

Early 2000s, you had a very strong Australia, South Africa +good bowling attacks from NZ,Pak, SRL,WI. India, Eng and Zim posed a challenge in their conditions as well. Batsmen tended to be better equipped/ had the ability to stay longer at the crease and not hit out at everything.

Bevab

Staff Member
Yes mate. Batting in the early aughts was harder. Global averages have fallen in the 2nd part of the previous decade due to the advent of T20 and unavailability of classical cricketers.

Early 2000s, you had a very strong Australia, South Africa +good bowling attacks from NZ,Pak, SRL,WI. India, Eng and Zim posed a challenge in their conditions as well. Batsmen tended to be better equipped/ had the ability to stay longer at the crease and not hit out at everything.

Or… they’ve fallen because pitches are much harder to bat on compared to the roadfest back then, something that most cricket authors agree upon.

How did these T20 cricketers manage to score so many runs when they still get roads occasionally in this era?

This is the classic nostalgia talk of “back in my days, men were real test cricketers unlike the kids today”.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
I don't think you had a roadfest back then. Pitches all round the world were quite difficult to bat on. Don't see the same nature these days.

Alternatively, it also boils down to the skill level. Current guys lack the skills required to stay longer hours and read the pitch.

Bevab

Staff Member
I don't think you had a roadfest back then. Pitches all round the world were quite difficult to bat on. Don't see the same nature these days.

Alternatively, it also boils down to the skill level. Current guys lack the skills required to stay longer hours and read the pitch.

No… they were not. You’re trolling with the “pitches are all the same globally these days” now.

This is just one of many that prove the point.

Users who are viewing this thread