India Team Discussion

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I do get where you're coming from. Honestly, it is going to be difficult for the selection to drop Virat and Rohit, unless they themselves ask to be dropped. Going in with a 2007 sort of squad isn't a bad idea- but the main difference here being that the expectations are higher than 2007. Even so, the leadership vacuum still exists.

My take - either way, the team should reach Round 2/ semis. The game actually begins for us post that.

The way we’ve been getting this news since November does point to the BCCI (or at least some parts of it) preferring to move on but the duo still think they’ve got unfinished business.

Bevab

Staff Member
Na mujhe states ke naam sunai dete hai
I don't care about state team or IPL(plus he is on match fixing ipl team that gives 20+ boost to average)(unless they fit my agenda.)
The limited I have watched him in the recent series make me think he is very inconsistent and when not in groove is a big liability up top that eats too many balls.

That is a valid criticism of him, he’s got a tendency to start slower than usual and needs time to get going.

In return however he is quite strong once he’s settled in and can accelerate at a pace that almost no one else can match. Reminds me of Gayle and Rohit before his role change. I think every T20 side can benefit from one player of that mould who can win you games when they fire.

Till Valhalla

ICC Chairman
The Boys
Profile Flag
Papua New Guinea
That is a valid criticism of him, he’s got a tendency to start slower than usual and needs time to get going.

In return however he is quite strong once he’s settled in and can accelerate at a pace that almost no one else can match. Reminds me of Gayle and Rohit before his role change. I think every T20 side can benefit from one player of that mould who can win you games when they fire.
We have Kohli and Rohit in that mould.

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
The way we’ve been getting this news since November does point to the BCCI (or at least some parts of it) preferring to move on but the duo still think they’ve got unfinished business.
I'm okay with Virat continuing but feel Rohit is past his sell date in this format. A strong IPL might change the opinion of many but T20Is are a on a different level.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
I agree with the pointers against Gaikwad, but also think that a player in the classical mould is required in this team(T20). If I discount VK and RS, we have Shreyas and KL essaying similar roles. Having Gaikwad in the side with 2 other grafters isn't probably the right way to go about it.
My take on the WT20 squad is as follows: (without RS & VK)

B Sai Sudarshan
Y Jaiswal
S Samson
SKY
Tilak Varma
Rinku Singh
Shivam Dube
W Sundar
R Bishnoi
Kuldeep Yadav
Arshdeep
Avesh
Bumrah
Jitesh

The above isn't in any particular order. Jitesh should start, while Samson can play second fiddle/ be on the bench. The middle order looks shaky and inconsistent, but in the absence of any newer names, we have to stick to this. I'd let SKY captain with perhaps Samson/ Bumrah as his deputy

Exclusions:
Shreyas and KLR have had adequate chances. Plus, I am not in favour of dropping a main keeper to accommodate KLR. Jitesh and the others might not get a look in if India chooses to go by reputation alone.

Chahal -I think it is time to look beyond him.

Siraj- not a T20 bowler. Should stick to Test matches

Hardik- again, not a game changer- hasn't been ad effective as his past exploits.

Gill- stick to ODI and Tests. T20 isn't his forte.

Viper.

County Cricketer
SRH...
Perth Scorchers
Profile Flag
Netherlands
To be fair if they just got picked for the World Cup without playing a T20i for a long time, people would complain about that.
I'd be happy if they didn't get picked for either series. Affects the team combination, no way we're fitting them over the current performers now. But IPL will be the decider, especially Rohit if he has another poor IPL his T20I career is finished.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Well, I wouldn't put it past the management to not to play them as openers. Rohit will stay till WT20. However,if Kohli can't force the run rate/plays like he played selfishly(during CWC), then it is curtains for him.

Bevab

Staff Member
I'd be happy if they didn't get picked for either series. Affects the team combination, no way we're fitting them over the current performers now. But IPL will be the decider, especially Rohit if he has another poor IPL his T20I career is finished.

If they're picked, they will play in their favoured positions irrespective of form or other factors.

This will be the first WC in USA and that country is being seen as the key for the future of cricket by the ICC. The subcontinental diaspora there alone could sustain the sport there for years as @wasteyouryouth and that may just influence the selection of Rohit and Kohli as much as I hate it. Their selection in this series does seal their spot for the WC barring injury.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
Was gonna say, if the ICC has any sense then they'd be pushing for Kohli to get on a bit of a press tour. Be crazy to not make a big PR push and using the biggest star would be key to that. Could easily see him and Hardik do something like Colbert or a similar talk show.
If they're picked, they will play in their favoured positions irrespective of form or other factors.

This will be the first WC in USA and that country is being seen as the key for the future of cricket by the ICC. The subcontinental diaspora there alone could sustain the sport there for years as @wasteyouryouth and that may just influence the selection of Rohit and Kohli as much as I hate it. Their selection in this series does seal their spot for the WC barring injury.

Bigby Wolf

Verified
India
Mumbai Indians
The Boys

Bigby Wolf

Verified
India
Mumbai Indians
The Boys

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
My two cents on Rohit and Kohli, I would give them this and next years CT their final hurrah! T20 WC is every 2 years and tbh for ICC, broadcasters and organizers it is more important to have them play then not. If Kohli, Rohit are part of T20's expect tickets to start from $500, if not expect tickets to start from $200.

I remember last time India were in US playing West Indies, the tickets started at $135 for the second tour, the first one started at $40 which I made it. All these ICC events every year are more money grabbing tool then actual event itself sadly.

Anyways all this to lose in the semis or finals.

Users who are viewing this thread