India tour of England 2018

Ohm

User Title Purchaser
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Guys, what do you all think should be the squad for the Australia tour?

1. Vijay
2. Rahul
3. Shaw

4. Pujara
5. Kohli
6. Agarwal
7. Vihari
8. Nair

9. Karthik/Saha
10. Pant/Saha

11. Jadeja
12. Ashwin
13. Pandya

14. Umesh
15. Bhuvi
16. Shami
17. Bumrah
18. Ishant

---

Edit:

Eleven that should be playing in my opinion:

1. Vijay
2. Rahul
3. Pujara
4. Kohli
5. Nair
6. Vihari
7. Karthik/Pant
8. Jadeja/Pandya
9. Ishant
10. Umesh
11. Bumrah

My only confusion is between Karthik and Pant for both haven't been that impressive on the England tour. Although, we can also use some experience of Wriddhiman Saha.

Shami has been a little bit on and off with the ball to be honest on the current tour while Ishant and Bumrah have shown great discipline throughout, so they get a direct ticket. Umesh is someone who has played before in Australia, on two different tours if I'm right, so I think he will be of better use if actually played in the XI rather than kept warming the bench.

Obviously an optimum replacement for Jadeja in spin conditions would Ashwin and not Pandya. Pandya may become a priority when condition demands four seamers, or we can just go with four genuine fast bowlers if our top 7 show some good signs with the bat.

Last edited:

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I won't be surprised if we end up saving it, winning it would be a dream though.

For real.
Yes it would be a dream :p

Interesting to see what mental toughness the remaining batsmen show ...

Ohm

User Title Purchaser
To be realistic, only 3-4 hours of rain during the game period on day 5 would save us this test match and nothing else will given the approach of our batsmen on this tour.

I had prepared myself for a 4-1 right on the day 1 after Alastair Cook got to his fifty.

Velocity

International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Guys, what do you all think should be the squad for the Australia tour?
To early to call. We'll have to see who comes in the squad and who performs. If Dhawan is selected for Windies matches, he will be definitely be on the trip Down Under. I really hope Shaw and Agarwal are given chances at the top and have Vihari/Nair establish themselves at 6. Selection nowadays is mostly based on LO performances honestly, look how Kuldeep, Rahul and Pandya got here in the first place. Kuldeep and Rahul are very good players but to select over the guy who's grinding it out in the domestic is just so disappointing. Vihari has finally got his chance which he thoroughly deserved but not so for someone like Agarwal. This is honestly a sh*t show in terms of selection.

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Just look at what a little bit of security is doing to KL Rahul. He looks like he's a free spirit now and he's giving it some. Please persist with him and let him open in all formats!

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
To early to call. We'll have to see who comes in the squad and who performs. If Dhawan is selected for Windies matches, he will be definitely be on the trip Down Under. I really hope Shaw and Agarwal are given chances at the top and have Vihari/Nair establish themselves at 6. Selection nowadays is mostly based on LO performances honestly, look how Kuldeep, Rahul and Pandya got here in the first place. Kuldeep and Rahul are very good players but to select over the guy who's grinding it out in the domestic is just so disappointing. Vihari has finally got his chance which he thoroughly deserved but not so for someone like Agarwal. This is honestly a sh*t show in terms of selection.

Rahul and Yadav are not just LOI players mate.

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
Hey this thread is for discussing England’s glorious richly deserved series win..............

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
I apologise to you on his behalf. Brings my country a bad name.

To be honest, some people here have been calling for the button for a while and it would be refreshing to see the mods crack the whip and release them from here.

Last edited by a moderator:

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Wonder how many Indian fans here will get offended at that last statement. If you ask me, I will gleefully take 4-1 over 3-2. Because I believe in the tiniest hope that a 4-1 will do more good to Indian cricket. Clearly the 2-1 in SA did not do much good to Indian cricket. I was actually hoping it was not 3-2 because it could make ppl think "oh we ran them close". No. That's why today when I watched the game live and Kohli got out for a duck with India at 2-3, I exulted.

But one thing.... we will find a captain/coach/team combination in the future which will come to England and comprehensively win a test series (i.e. not streakily win it 1-0 like we did in 2007). Till then, enjoy your win! :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Mijurkat

Mystery Monarch
India
CSK
Islamabad
Sydney Thunder
Southern Brave
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
James Anderson is the key weapon of this England setup. India will win next time, because

ANDERSON RETIREMENT COMING SOON!!!

B

Bigby Wolf

A Fantastic way to sign off from international cricket for Alaistair Cook, as an Indian fan you always sense that he has this knack of scoring a big one against the us and rightly did so ever since he made his debut against us way back in 2006 (after travelling 48 odd something hours ) to score a ton in Nagpur ...... 294 in Birmingham ..... Outstanding knocks in a series winning 2012/13 series .... now a brilliant 147 in his final innings.

Well another overseas series loss coming up for India. As I said it before the scoreline might be 4-1 at the end of the today's play but this was a really close and enjoyable series much similar to SA at the start of this year if only we had learned from our mistakes or clinched on the key moments of getting the England's lower order out quickly or maybe some our batters provided much needed support to best player in the world at the moment then outcome would have been the other way round.

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
Wonder how many Indian fans here will get offended at that last statement. If you ask me, I will gleefully take 4-1 over 3-2. Because I believe in the tiniest hope that a 4-1 will do more good to Indian cricket. Clearly the 2-1 in SA did not do much good to Indian cricket. I was actually hoping it was not 3-2 because it could make ppl think "oh we ran them close". No. That's why today when I watched the game live and Kohli got out for a duck with India at 2-3, I exulted.

But one thing.... we will find a captain/coach/team combination in the future which will come to England and comprehensively win a test series (i.e. not streakily win it 1-0 like we did in 2007). Till then, enjoy your win! :D
Yeah I would never normally post that, I was just winding up original poster. I have removed the post anyway

I will enjoy our win, well until we play you back in India anyway :p

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I will enjoy our win, well until we play you back in India anyway :p
Moin will be the star then - again. He will make our batsmen dance to his tunes.

On the match, there is no way India will survive one full day with only seven two wickets in hand (the rest five will fall like 9 pins anyway). So congrats England on the 4-1 win. You kept learning from your mistakes while we kept making the same ones. So, well played and richly deserved.

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
Moin will be the star then - again. He will make our batsmen dance to his tunes.

On the match, there is no way India will survive one full day with only seven two wickets in hand (the rest five will fall like 9 pins anyway). So congrats England on the 4-1 win. You kept learning from your mistakes while we kept making the same ones. So, well played and richly deserved.
It will be interesting to see which batters tough it out and which just throw it away

Users who are viewing this thread