India tour of England 2018

aditya123

National Board President
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Horrible cricketing sense by Pandya. So much strike to Ishant. Deserves to be dropped just for this. Selfish cricket.

Prequel

User Title Purchaser
AUS..
Brisbane Heat
Profile Flag
Australia
From an outsiders view. This has been such a joy to watch, I've been on the edge of my seat the whole time.

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
<Rant>
Oh dear, 5 down. Frankly speaking England are 1 ball away from winning this Test. It's so frustrating to see our batting perish like this. Ishant and Umesh, for god's sake, were able to survive 16-20 deliveries and the so called top/middle order can't even do that.

I see India folding up under 150 tomorrow morning. Another golden opportunity wasted.

How do you expect to win matches when you keep dropping cathches, do not score runs, and show no desire to slog it out out there in the middle?

[HASHTAG]#SARepeats[/HASHTAG]
</Rant>

1 down, more to come @zimrahil

Really looking forward to your next post :p

Prequel

User Title Purchaser
AUS..
Brisbane Heat
Profile Flag
Australia
What a match! England win a thriller.

ParkedTheBus

International Coach
Profile Flag
Australia
Amazing performances, amazing pitch and an amazing match. A real credit to the game of cricket. One of the best individual performances in recent times by Kohli, shame it didn't bear fruit.

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Well as I posted yesterday, this felt very much like Adelaide 2014. That loss still haunts us and now another heartbreak. Both the time, Virat failed to take us over the line. However, I can't blame him for either of the match since he is the only batsmen who showed fight and was willing to stay there while the rest of the batting line-up failed around him. Amazing performance by Virat but just I wish he could have ended up on the winning side. The batsmen needs to stand up if we are thinking about winning the series. Same thing happened in South Africa where the bowlers did their job and Kohli performed but rest of the batting line-up did not show up.

Paree

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
That was a thriller!

Having said that i have a huge problem with Indian Batsmen.
The bowlers have delivered really well. Batting has been nothing without Kohli. Must of the dismissals were gift wickets/poor shots imo. I'd say drop Pandya and bring back Jadeja. DK and Rahul can have another chance. Dhawan should be dropped and Pujara should be brought back.

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Well as I posted yesterday, this felt very much like Adelaide 2014. That loss still haunts us and now another heartbreak. Both the time, Virat failed to take us over the line. However, I can't blame him for either of the match since he is the only batsmen who showed fight and was willing to stay there while the rest of the batting line-up failed around him. Amazing performance by Virat but just I wish he could have ended up on the winning side. The batsmen needs to stand up if we are thinking about winning the series. Same thing happened in South Africa where the bowlers did their job and Kohli performed but rest of the batting line-up did not show up.

Let's get one thing out of the way- Our captain is probably the best batsman in the world and I have no doubt the greatest batsman of his generation. The first is a speculation on a point I'm making and the second an opinion.

I see a lot of people criticising the other batsmen, but I want to ask those people something- How many Indian batsmen from 1-8 are guaranteed their place in the test side? Apart from Kohli, none. I also see an absolute pathetic comparison of our team to those of the 90's where it was a one man army! There are people in this line up, in fact all the other batsmen have got runs and centuries abroad. When you constantly chop and change, players lose confidence. It's a fact. I only got my head around to playing a level as low as club cricket and I've been player and captain, been dropped and had to drop. You have to back your players.

Kohli is an astonishing cricketer, but a lot of our batting woes are down to Kohli the leader. There cannot be an explanation to playing Dhawan ahead of Pujara. None.

The SA side we played was an average team, this English side is an average team and this is another test match we should have won. Once again, we decided to play a batsman less and an allrounder who is basically just a bit of both. I said it before the series as well.. You need to start slow and then build it up as an away side. Time to lick wounds. If England win the next one, writing is on the wall!

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
5M vCash and you should have it :p

Cmon, I know you want me to :D

I would but we all know that in time you cannot help yourself and will have to let your feelings known on how kohli lost to England by 31 runs :p

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Pandya may be a bits and pieces cricketer, but he showed a LOT MORE application than any of the other top/middle order batsmen (barring Kohli ofcourse). He stuck out one of the toughest passages of play today when Broad and Anderson were operating and bowling really well in suitable conditions. He fished at only 3 deliveries out of almost 40, and those 3 were really excellent deliveries. You could see him focusing, going down the pitch after every play/miss/leave and knocking the wicket and concentrating, and I think he was being given some advice by Kohli as well on how to tackle this period (since he mimicked him by standing well outside the crease). He lost it for a bit when he lost Kohli and Shami as partners within 4 deliveries, but then he tried his best to shield the tailender, alas, he was just not experienced enough to pull that off.

If only our other batsmen could have shown as much spine and grit, we would have won this game easily.

To be honest, despite the batting failure, we lost this game because of only 1 player. If we had played the game without Shikhar Dhawan and with just 10 men, I think we would have won the game. He complemented his lack of runs with his atrocious slip catching. If he has any self respect left, he himself would book a ticket back home and go work on his game/catching instead of losing us another game in such a high profile series.

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I also see an absolute pathetic comparison of our team to those of the 90's where it was a one man army!

You wouldn't find the comparison so PATHETIC if you understood what was being said :rolleyes It had nothing to do with the ability of the other batsmen, but was simply a comment on the circumstances we were facing being eerily similar with over reliance on one guy (even if for different reasons)

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
You wouldn't find the comparison so PATHETIC if you understood what was being said :rolleyes It had nothing to do with the ability of the other batsmen, but was simply a comment on the circumstances we were facing being eerily similar with over reliance on one guy (even if for different reasons)

Perhaps you would understand a bit more if you weren't so high headed. This team is not dependent on one bloke. India in the 90's couldn't pick 10 wickets let alone 20 and they had one hopeless batsman after another for years. It is far from the reality today.

Bhumi

Club Captain
frankly speaking I do not expect Broad/stokes shared 6 wickets in Indian second innings.sorry for virat who hits century in each innings in Australia --India lost test, same happen here, after he scoring 200 his side beaten because he took ugly decisions on pujara.

youngest mo..m for England: Sam Curran.congratulations
Second test starts on coming Thursday.

Users who are viewing this thread