[Indian Cricket Career] If you would like to help

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Online Cricket Games Owned
Nice ones DJ! :)

A situation...

it's 1-1 in a series, you are the visiting team. A local bookie will pay you a certain sum if you score less than 30 runs/concded more than fifty. But if you do so, your spot in the team may be in jeapordy, as would be your career if you are caught.
It's a dead rubber game in a series against a minnow. You are skipper. A local bookie will give you a certain sum for taking the game into the 45th over of the second inning before winning. However, in doing so, you will earn criticism for your captaincy.
You have to choose sponsors. One is a brand local to the area where you learned your cricket, the other an international one. If you choose the latter, more cash, but you lose some respect. Choose the former, lest cash, but more respect. This respect could give you a larger fan following, and hence extending your run in the team...
You were told by a bookie prior to a game to lose the match. You said you'll consider it. The match has gone down to the wire, a catch is coming your way. If you fluff it, they win. Catch it, they lose. What do you do...
You can choose whether to write a book or not. If you write it, more cash, but you lose respect. If you don't, no cash, but no respect loss either.
Same for interview, but in doing the interview, you lose match practice. Don't do it, you get more time in the nets, and possibly in the process impressing the selectors.

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
These are all very good suggestions. I'll be implementing them over the next few days along with a bank that pays interest. :D

Also, the only shop that currently exists is a bat shop. What other things do you think players should be able to buy in the game, whether it just be for fun or for actual improvement of situation. Maybe cars? :D

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
A brothel. ;)

An estage agents would be good. Not sure if they have those in India but it'd be nice to buy housing property in the game.

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Cars would be nice. And has EF said, houses. Maybe ability to buy a train station or start a restaurant (Another money-making chance...yea...and increase popularity but lose practice...). There could also be an option to open an academy or some charity of sorts...

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
Hmmm..... all very good ideas. Lots of work for me, too. :p

Canada is now also done. They lost an ODI series 2-1 to Bermuda and won a 3-match FC series 2-0.

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
Hahha, getting a little feisty eh?

I need replacements for the following retiring Aussies, from people who know Australian cricket (you can get me the names, and I will put the ratings together):

Damien Martyn, Justin Langer, Shane Warne

Also, does Katich play internationally much anymore?

pal

International Coach
Nope, this project is not dead. It's surprisingly resilient.

All of the teams in the WC have been done, except for Kenya. If any of you would like to do Kenya, please post here.

The beta testing is almost upon us. I think Sohum has a sign-up page prepared for those interested, so look out for an announcement when the squads and a few other things are finished.

Hitterman

International Coach
Well Iam Ready To Help In The Job Of Kenya Which Is Still Left!Iam Ready!

pal

International Coach
Other than these scenario ideas lised below, what others would you like to see in the game?

1. Match fixing
2. Contracts
3. Doping (opportunities should be really rare)
4. Writing a column for a newspaper
5. Writing a tour diary/autobiography
6. Interviews
7. Sponsors

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Hmm...

Getting into a fight, hence lowering your reputation with others.
Awards for reaching milestones
Signing for domestic teams (?)

Great stuff :)

pal

International Coach
Yeah, the main object of the game is to make it into your national team and/or depending on how you look at it, helping your current club team top its league, so the scenarios are mostly for a bit of money-making fun and entertainment.

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
Also, I just added a 'fans' attribute for every player. Eventually, fans will also affect your selection and form. These scenarios will usually affect your cash and fan count (positively if its a success and negatively if its a failure).

Scenarios such as match-fixing and contracts will be handled slightly different (in fact, contracts will not have been implemented by beta stage because they don't make sense in the release version of the game, for international teams).

I like the milestone idea. Right now, you get a cash prize for MoM. Perhaps we could give out awards to monthly performers with the bat and ball? Something I'll also be working on during the beta testing is a ranking system.

Users who are viewing this thread