[Indian Cricket Career] If you would like to help

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
I think I've got it to Ban > Zim > UAE now.
It was a great tri-series I just played (4 rounds).

Ban and Zim each had 5 wins in 8 matches going into the final. They had 3-1 against UAE and 2-2 against each other. UAE beat each of Zim and Ban once (right at the beginning of the tournament--before everyone had warmed up, I guess :P).

And then.

The final was tied!

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
The Spin said:
I'll do Scotland and Ireland for you
Sounds good, although we'll probably have to end up dropping USA and Namibia then. However, if no one has any qualms with this... I'll drop 'em!

pal

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
None here, Scotland and Ireland probably have a stronger international presence than those two, with them being in the next World Cup and all. :p

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
I don't mind either.
Oh, and I shall do Kenya in a few days, holidays are coming up :)

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
oooh, i would have done something, mate :( i've just been so busy lately im so sorry.
Anything i can do to help?

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
Hi, if you are creative you can help in the following way. I am looking for ways you can get money. This isn't a big thing, but just makes the game slightly more interesting/amusing.

For example:

"You won the lottery, a prize awaits you, amounting to " + amount

amount will be generated by the computer, its just the sentence structure that needs to be like this (the amount goes at the end of the sentence). I don't really feel creative enough to brainstorm this, so if you would like to help, this is a nice opportunity!

You can post suggestions here or put them in a notepad file and email it ([email protected]) or pm it to me. Thanks!

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
Another thing you can help with is brainstorming of scenarios. Currently we only have:

1. Match fixing
2. Contracts (not yet coded)

Scenarios are basically events where you have to make a decision in return for financial gain/loss, and perhaps other factors. I'll go through this thread as there may have been a few mentioned already, but any other brainstorming will be greatly appreciated.

---
I just looked through the teams and I'm hoping to sim a World Cup in the beta test so we need the following teams:

1. Bermuda
2. Canada
3. The Netherlands
4. Ireland
5. Kenya
6. Scotland

I'm going to attack Bermuda and Canada sometime tonight and hopefully have something down that loses consistently to international teams. :P Anyone have any comparisons as to who is stronger over whom with regards to the above teams?

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
A) I'd say the team's are in this order:
Kenya
Scotland
Netherlands
Ireland
Canada
Bermuda

B) Ways to earn money:
Lottery (As you posted)
Death in the family, inheritance
Find it lying on the ground
A gift from your former employer/school for all the hard work you have done (Accompanied with a trophy)
Reward for finding a lost wallet and returning it
Sold your bike/toy bat/a souvenier of some sort in a pawn shop and got X amount.

And I'll post some scenarios later :)

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
ZoraxDoom said:
A) I'd say the team's are in this order:
Kenya
Scotland
Netherlands
Ireland
Canada
Bermuda

B) Ways to earn money:
Lottery (As you posted)
Death in the family, inheritance
Find it lying on the ground
A gift from your former employer/school for all the hard work you have done (Accompanied with a trophy)
Reward for finding a lost wallet and returning it
Sold your bike/toy bat/a souvenier of some sort in a pawn shop and got X amount.

And I'll post some scenarios later :)
Thanks, I'll work these in soon!

Also, Bermuda is done and I've got 20 Canadian players and a general ranking, I will generate the rest of their numbers tomorrow.

DJ Ager

International Cricketer
More ways to earn money:
Making an autobiography
Writing a column for a national newspaper
Win a TV dancing competition

pal

International Coach
More ways to earn money:
Making an autobiography
Writing a column for a national newspaper
Win a TV dancing competition

Those are unbelievably good, especially that first one. All the "popular" players (mainly the English and Aussie ones) seem to be writing tour diaries now. I'll finish Ireland, since I've already filled in their bowling values.

Following up on DJ's second suggestion, they could earn money for giving an interview to a TV channel.

Users who are viewing this thread