[Indian Cricket Career] If you would like to help

GrayNicolls

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
The batsmen are ok. But the bowlers are incredibly biased! Mohammad Rafique, 95,95,88 What the hell? He is good, but not that good! It was Ok though. Well done!

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
He is that good :mad: And besides, it was for:
Accuracy - He is practically the McGrath of spinners
Economy - What I said above
Conc(entration) - He gives it his all when bowling

So, it fits really.

pal

International Coach
I think a good method to ensure fairness is to assign the batting and bowling ratings and then go back and subtract 10 from those values. I think Warne/McGrath/Muralitharan are in the high 80's in the game, with a few 90s (for Mcgrath's accuracy for example).

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
We play around with the numbers after they're put in the game so that the results reflect reality. So don't worry about that. :) I'm going to go ahead and add these teams into the database (if I remember how to). And then pal can test them out. :)

I did some minor testing and the numbers will probably have to be adjusted a fair bit. Zim and Ban both beat India 6-1 in an ODI series and lost 3-1 and 3-0 respectively in 5-match test series.

But they're a good template to work from.

pal

International Coach
All test-playing nations are done. :)

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
We'll have space for 6, non-test playing nations, including Kenya.

The other ones I'm looking at are Holland and Canada. If anyone has suggestions for 3 more, fire away.

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
No!!
UAE and Kenya for sure, I've already voulanteered to do them. Leave out Canada, they aren't that good anyways...

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
I've started work on Kenya and UAE, but have a question. If I don't get 20 players, is it OK? I mean, at the start of the game, you can randomly generate 3 blokes...

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
ZoraxDoom said:
I've started work on Kenya and UAE, but have a question. If I don't get 20 players, is it OK? I mean, at the start of the game, you can randomly generate 3 blokes...
Sure. You can always just look up 3 random UAE guys and give them low ratings. :cool:

DJ Ager

International Cricketer
ZoraxDoom said:
No!!
UAE and Kenya for sure, I've already voulanteered to do them. Leave out Canada, they aren't that good anyways...

Leave Out Canada!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Used to be, but aren't anymore. Hasbeens actually. The better minnows are now coming from Asia. Scotland, Ireland and Netherlands are in danger of losing their status as the best non-test nations...Kenya too...

And sorry it is taking so long, time is scarce.

EDIT: Can only get 18 for UAE. Would you mind if I added myself? :p
Nah, but seriously, if you are going to have a player generator, you could generate 2 more. I'll be willing to supply a list of names if you want...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread