Indian Premier League - General Discussion

Monzi

Panel of Selectors
The Boys
Profile Flag
England
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I don't think the Chinnaswamy is their main problem. If this is the case, how are the opponents winning the game? They fail to build a suitable squad for the right conditions, as MI does with huge power hitters in the end. I find Wankhede and Chinnaswamy are similar kinds of pitches and dimensions. RCBs should work on improving their middle and lower order in order to consistently achieve 220 scores on that surface. I feel the pace bowlers outperformed the GTs equivalent. The only other concern is not having someone like Chahal in the middle to grab wickets. I also don't think Hasaranga is appropriate for this ground. People mention Bracewell, although he is not a power batter. Perhaps he can be retained as a backup.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I don't think the Chinnaswamy is their main problem. If this is the case, how are the opponents winning the game? They fail to build a suitable squad for the right conditions, as MI does with huge power hitters in the end. I find Wankhede and Chinnaswamy are similar kinds of pitches and dimensions. RCBs should work on improving their middle and lower order in order to consistently achieve 220 scores on that surface. I feel the pace bowlers outperformed the GTs equivalent. The only other concern is not having someone like Chahal in the middle to grab wickets. I also don't think Hasaranga is appropriate for this ground. People mention Bracewell, although he is not a power batter. Perhaps he can be retained as a backup.
DK has done nothing, that springs to mind, this year. He carried the side last year. Lack of balance in the batting is the problem.

Two or three big performances from him or others could've tilted matches their way.

Monzi

Panel of Selectors
The Boys
Profile Flag
England
DK has done nothing, that springs to mind, this year. He carried the side last year. Lack of balance in the batting is the problem.

Two or three big performances from him or others could've tilted matches their way.
It was always anticipated of him to fail. That's how he's played his whole career: one or two solid innings under pressure and then riding it until it wears out.
After the T20 World Cup, his career is effectively done.

My suggestion is to sell at least DK (Maybe CSK can buy him :P) and Hasaranga. Maybe sell Harshal and then purchase him back at a lower price. I'd still go with Anuj Rawat because if we sell DK, we won't have a wicketkeeper, and he's shown some progress in the previous few games.

Hoping Patidar is back next season and Hazlewood is injury free.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Why is he getting hate? Cause he knocked Kohli out?
Exactly yes! Cause his amazing knock knocked Kohli and RCB out. I am 100% sure Kohli does not stand for this either. As @SaiSrini mentioned, going to start blocking this toxic weeds out as I keep seeing more and more.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Exactly yes! Cause his amazing knock knocked Kohli and RCB out. I am 100% sure Kohli does not stand for this either. As @SaiSrini mentioned, going to start blocking this toxic weeds out as I keep seeing more and more.
Having a blue tick is usually a good sign of a toxic weed.

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
I want to really really really know WHAT HAPPENED between Shubman Gill and Kolkata Knight Riders. If there is a time machine available, I would want to choose to go back and be a 'fly on the wall' and see what really transpired between them. This is a MASSIVE BLOODY loss for KKR that they didn't retain Gill. I mean yes you cant only blame the franchise since players have the power to reject retentions. But its a terrible miss. I remember Brendon McCullum (when he was KKR coach) saying that Gill was in KKR's leadership team and was earmarked for future leadership role. From there to losing him to Gujarat?

Venky Mysore. It is not just Gill, SKY was being groomed for the captaincy after GG but was let go. I keep saying, that some franchises are hung up on age, some are hung up on star value that gives more priority to the brand attached to a player. The reason why CSK and MI have been so successful is because they prioritise FC cricket, fitness and merit. You are not going to be able to battle MI if an auction doesn't exist. They have to my knowledge close to 5000 scouts spread all over India which is planned to grow to 10000 in 3 years. Other franchises simply don't have the resources to compete with that. But, as CSK and GT have proven, you can still have a smaller pool of scouts and get some bargain buys and then develop talent. I don't think MI are great at talent development. CSK are.

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
From the 2022 auction day to now, I have not been able to get my head around Chahal going to RR for 6.5 and RCB getting Hasarnga for 10+

It just makes my brain numb.

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
I have one question for all my stats loving friends here- Have Punjab had more seasons or captains?

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
I have one question for all my stats loving friends here- Have Punjab had more seasons or captains?
Close... More seasons (16th in progress) and 15 captains. Does not surprise me seeing they have been in playoffs only 2 times in 16 years.

B

Bigby Wolf

Aren't the BCCI in charge of pitches now ?(I believe that's a change, might be wrong). So, home advantage less irrelevant - beyond dimensions and trends for the ground. The strongest teams have just risen to the top.
You still gonna get flat wicket on most of the Indian decks in a T20 match that is supposed to make millions by having high scoring encounter.

Grounds like Chinnaswamy, Wanderers at Joburg are High altitude venues where the ball does travel in air and are hard for bowlers to defend.

They had the best version of Mitchell Starc in 2015 yet they struggled in the same venue.

My point is simple since 2016 they qualified only once in playoff* (that too bcoz Kohli was playing like god) on that but somehow the home ground which was supposed to be their forte is turning out to be the reverse.

And when you look at their record outside of the venue you do get an idea that the squad they have are actually winning.

They played 85 matches overall won 40 and lost 40 with win percentage of 46.19 which is the 2nd lowest after Delhi.

The worst are actually by teams are now defunct Pune Warriors India, followed by Deccan chargers.

Compared that to CSK they have a 71.1 win percentage and MI 61.1%.

Out of the 234 matches RCB played so far in the campaign since 2008.

Matches played away from Chinnaswamy they managed to win 83 out of the 158 games played and have a percentage of 53% which might slightly higher but indicates better performance outside of the venue.

*Since covid pandemic last 3 years where played in hybrid venues and RCB didn't play a single game in the Chinnaswamy.

Last edited by a moderator:

Monzi

Panel of Selectors
The Boys
Profile Flag
England
From the 2022 auction day to now, I have not been able to get my head around Chahal going to RR for 6.5 and RCB getting Hasarnga for 10+

It just makes my brain numb.
They wanted a bowling all-rounder, but he was constantly underutilised. Perhaps they see him as a long-term investment, similar to Rashid Khan or Narine. Believing that he can equal their potential, which I hope he can if he is kept for the next season.

Users who are viewing this thread