Story India's Journey To WCup,Special Edition-Johnnie Walker is back!

Who will win this ICC World Cup?

• The Powerless, West Indies

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bangladesh

• Ireland

• Zimbabwe

• Total voters

Roofrom50

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
I like the fact that Warner is opening the batting with Watson. I'd like to have a left and right handed combination, instead of a two right handed combination at the beginning of the innings.

Michael Hussey will be the man for me. He needs to have a big series here (like he always does) for Australia to win.
Good presentation mate, looking forward to the start of this series, it's going to be a cracker

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
espnsmall.png

World Cup 2007
India in England
Special Editions

Johnnie Walker Trivia - Facts & Contests

jwtrivia.png

Well to start with this JW special series, the first contest is going to be about the test match despite our series being a Fifty50! ;) Right, before going into the contest, we have a small interesting fact for our viewers.

The longest test match of all was played between England and South Africa at Durban in 1938-39. This was a timeless test which lasted for 10 days, despite which the match ended in a draw since the England players had to leave to catch the boat back to England! Set 696 runs to win in the fourth innings they had reached an astonishing 654/5 and had a real chance of winning the match when they had to leave.

Match Link : South Africa v England, 1938-39

Match with 10 days duration? That too, 654 runs in 4th innings in response to 696 target? That is indeed an interesting fact. :) Fine, lets move on to the contest which is exclusive for our PlanetCricket viewers.

Johnnie Walker Trivia Contest #1
contestpng.png

First correct guess - 300 VCash
Second & Third correct guess - 100 VCash

Few Indian Test Captains have been dismissed for a pair. SPOT the NOT in the below options
1) Vijay Hazare
2) Bishen Bedi
3) Bhagwat Chandrasekhar

So, what are you waiting for? Hurry up & rush in your entries. Winners will be announced in the next Johnnie Walkar Trivia edition. Till then, bye from the studio.

Previous Editions ( Click below to see )

Champions Trophy 2006 ( click )
Official World Cup 2007 Promo
ICC WC07 - Official WC 07 Theme Song
ICC WC07 - Battle Of The Champions, Edition 1 & Official WC 07 Theme Song
ICC WC07 - Battle Of The Champions, Edition 2 - Group Information
ICC WC07 - Battle Of The Champions, Edition 3 - India's World Cup Squad
ICC WC07 - Battle Of The Champions, Edition 4 - Australia's World Cup Squad

espnsmall.png

@copyrights Reserved

Last edited:

Meet

Chairman of Selectors
Brilliant presentation again.
I have no idea though I will guess for the 3rd one though I don't know if its the correct answer.
And thanks for the fact.

Last edited:

Aditya

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
1) Vijay Hazare

Good update there, Surendar. :)

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
3) Bhagwat Chadrasekhar
The other two have captained India whereas Chandra never captained India.

So, in a way, your question itself has a flaw. :D

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Bump..

With me in US representing my company, it's time for me to say good bye here unfortunately. It was when I had various plans to execute this storyline, my real life time took plenty of curves ( ups and downs ), & finally I landed in US to promote myself a step further. Hope, I succeed in this too.

So, it's end of the story. I am always thankful to PC members ( for which, I would be running out of space to type the names individually ) & will miss you guys. Whenever I have time, I will try as much as possible to read other stories here. Take care.

Thanks and regards,
Suren :wave

Prithvi

10 years at Planetcricket
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Bump..

With me in US representing my company, it's time for me to say good bye here unfortunately. It was when I had various plans to execute this storyline, my real life time took plenty of curves ( ups and downs ), & finally I landed in US to promote myself a step further. Hope, I succeed in this too.

So, it's end of the story. I am always thankful to PC members ( for which, I would be running out of space to type the names individually ) & will miss you guys. Whenever I have time, I will try as much as possible to read other stories here. Take care.

Thanks and regards,
Suren :wave
First of all, congrats:clap! I knew you were trying to go to US since a half an year or so (I remember the chat which we had last October, where you said you had few plans). Good luck with your job BTW:thumbs.

And when it comes here, we all surely miss you bro. This story, it should be awarded "Story of the life time":yes. Though we have other stories, this is a unique one, the time it started, the efforts you've put here are just awesome. This story is the mother of all stories. BTW, I hope you'd pop into planetcricket and facebook, whenever you get some free time and communicate with us bro.
Have good time and good luck with your career:thumbs.

Users who are viewing this thread