Interaction with Transmission

Wrong un

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Guys,

As we know, some of the members here (both UK and Aus) went to preview sessions with the people at Transmission (while they were looking to publicise the game).
Now the game is launched and (don't get me wrong, i'm a fan) there are several obvious issues, i'm just wondering if the same guys that went to the previews aren't still in touch and can get some feedback (forgive me if I missed anything, I have looked) on the issues.
Did you guys swap e.mails, etc... ?
Surely we have some kind of contact after those events ?

Even if the answer from Transmission is 'No, you're not getting a patch ever', i'd prefer to know, rather than keep hoping.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
We've spoken to our contacts at Transmission and Codemasters since release. They are still reading the posts on the forum too.
As Matt said elsewhere it isn't just as simple as making an official announcement about a patch. Also worth bearing in mind that they are two separate companies so both have to agree to commit the resources required.
That said we're still quietly confident that there will be a patch.

diaskasun

Club Cricketer
well admin guys seems to be confident about a patch mate . thats what we have to go with for now

Last edited:

Wrong un

School Cricketer
We've spoken to our contacts at Transmission and Codemasters since release. They are still reading the posts on the forum too.
As Matt said elsewhere it isn't just as simple as making an official announcement about a patch. Also worth bearing in mind that they are two separate companies so both have to agree to commit the resources required.

Ok. Thanks for the explanation. :)

diaskasun

Club Cricketer
anyway i understand codis must be getting 1000s of mails everyday about the games bugs . i sent them 3 my self :(

KP-Nuts

School Cricketer

That's reassuring.

After first playing the game I was very disapointed .... a point came that I even considered trading it in when DiRT2 comes out .... but after a bit of perseverence and looking for the good in the game, I'm really enjoying it now.

I've found that even though the online quitters are extremely annoying, whenever I get it a game with someone who won't quit no matter what, the multiplayer in the game is excellent.

If a patch can even resolve a few of these issues (I'd settle for the run out bug, a better handle on the confidence meter so you're not getting every ball whacked all over in a test match, and more lbw's and clean bowleds) the game will be magnificent ..... in my opinion at least.

diaskasun

Club Cricketer
That's reassuring.

After first playing the game I was very disapointed .... a point came that I even considered trading it in when DiRT2 comes out .... but after a bit of perseverence and looking for the good in the game, I'm really enjoying it now.

I've found that even though the online quitters are extremely annoying, whenever I get it a game with someone who won't quit no matter what, the multiplayer in the game is excellent.

If a patch can even resolve a few of these issues (I'd settle for the run out bug, a better handle on the confidence meter so you're not getting every ball whacked all over in a test match, and more lbw's and clean bowleds) the game will be magnificent ..... in my opinion at least.

i am not a big fan of online gaming but i'l agree with you on the bugs, they dont have to fix every bug, just fixing runout and test batting sloging will make a big change to the overall game

10dulkar

Club Cricketer
i am not a big fan of online gaming but i'l agree with you on the bugs, they dont have to fix every bug, just fixing runout and test batting sloging will make a big change to the overall game

If they can fix up the AI slogging, then i feel the line and length issue of the good length ball will also get resolved to a extent. As AI wont be slogging at everything.

diaskasun

Club Cricketer
If they can fix up the AI slogging, then i feel the line and length issue of the good length ball will also get resolved to a extent. As AI wont be slogging at everything.

dont forget the Runouts mate, its a real game killer

r1991

School Cricketer
well, i consider run outs as well as edges a bigger issues than others.

omkarjere

International Cricketer
Tell them to officially change the system reqs mentioned. I wish I could sue them for posting fake reqs.

It doesn't run on a single core processor :doh (2GHz+) ofcourse

formula1man

International Cricketer
could barmy please ask his contacts if they know why the AI slogs. If we know for what reason they slog we can give the Ai what they want

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
It's not really a question that has an answer. I have talked to Transmission about the issues and we were both on the same page with regard to what the problems are.

Users who are viewing this thread