International Cricket Captain 2010

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
Online Cricket Games Owned
It probably means you have an illegal version or something. If you have a cd, it should work or if you have bought it online and got just the license, it should work when you click internet game.

Chewie

BCCI President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I've found an ICC2000 demo on PC, just installed it. It's quite funny looking at all the players of yesteryear.

James Marshall is down as a bowler lol As is Lou Vincent. Flintoff is RM and a batsman

Everyone's so young!

Quite funny

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
Back in the day like 20% of the NZ players are down wrong.
I have ICC 2 and ICC 2002 and always used to play them just for fun, but they stopped working...
I haven't actually tried them for like a year now though, so they may work again.
Back in 2006/2007 I used to make the 2006/2007 NZ team in 2002, and see how they go.
I remember the WPL patch some guy made for 2002, which is good fun.
It's probably still around now, somewhere on here.

Chewie

BCCI President
There are rosters for the 2002 version on the CricketWeb site, I don't think there's a version for this year, but there is for 2009

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
Yeah. Those rosters are in the downloads forum. First or second page. I don't have any version previous to 06.

Gone4aDuck

International Coach
So whats the difference between ICC2010 and cricket coach 2010?? And which one would you all say is the best to get?

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
Depends mostly. Cricket Coach, you can be all the associate nations and every domestic team and more in depth. ICC meanwhile is simple, easy to play, and I find it more enjoyable. Just depends on what you want.

Chewie

BCCI President
ICC is more realistic of actual results. Cricket Coach has more modability and playing options

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
When I played CC I found it very unrealistic, with scores of 250 in T20's etc, but the extra gameplay options do make it more attractive to some. Also I prefer the game interface/match interface in ICC. I guess for me I'd played ICC for several years before I tried CC, so I found it hard to really get used to it, but from someone who has never played either I'd say they may prefer CC due to the longer jevity you can get out of playing it. I'm pretty sure there are free trials of both games, so I'd just download each of them.

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
I must say that the ODI engine is VERY, VERY poor. Far too many collapses. It's ridiculous really. I'm brilliant at tests but ODIs are just silly in this game.

Chewie

BCCI President
Yea neither. Their game engine is near perfect. The only thing I can think of that isn't is the acceleration at the end of innings where in real life you often go at more than 10 an over

Donners

School Cricketer
So whats the difference between ICC2010 and cricket coach 2010?? And which one would you all say is the best to get?

I'd definitely recommend ICC. Far better presentation (not just graphics, but navigation around the menu system), more realistic engine, fewer quirks (CC still hasn't managed to implement run outs yet, has overseas players playing in the Sheffield Shield, etc) and not anywhere near as obnoxious in its promotion...

CC does have the big database and editing options, but when the core gameplay is lacking, the frustration will probably outweigh the advantages of that.

ICC has been criticised for not progressing enough, but it has at least used its many years to refine the core engine. CC has at least managed to clear out the most horrific bugs of the first version, but there's a long way to go.

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
I've never came across anything like this in the years of playing ICC.

Really? Surprising. I'm going alone fine for a while then suddenly 6 wickets fall in the space of something silly like 5 overs. It happens a little too often for my liking.

Really enjoy test matches though. I never lose in those.

6ry4nj

International Coach

First a clarification. The recently released version of Cricket Coach is CC2011. CC2010 is just the boxed version of CC09!

Now, a detailed rundown of strengths of each relative to the other.

Cricket Coach Better

1. Look of the user interface.
2. Proportion of outfield catches
3. Specification of ball type ? bowling tactics options.
4. More past balls available to replay
5. Full scorecards and record reports from overseas leagues and associate internationals.
6. Historical databases
7. Returns to bowler
8. Associates playable
9. Less short leg catches
10. More highlights options ? can view wickets only or boundaries only
11. Depth of stats
12. More bug fixes and better communication with developer

ICC Better

1. 3D Highlights engine
2. Database accuracy and completeness
3. Field Editor
4. Less embarrassingly silly animations
5. Fields selectable from a menu
6. Fields transferable between saves
7. Runs ?spider? superimposable on field editor
8. Ability to set default line and length (in one go)
9. Field set until changed ? not by ball
10. Change between round & over the wicket with one click
11. Farm the strike option
12. Four all run too common in Cricket Coach
13. Batsmen can see the field setting before the ball is bowled
14. Handedness of batsman and bowler type appear on match play screen
15. Injuries happen less often which is closer to realistic
16. Fog-of-war exact player stats not at your fingertips ? more realistic
17. ICC doesn't have player morale - CC11 at present has made a mess of implementing it
18. Can be played online

Probably the biggest turn-off about Cricket Coach is the very rudimentary 2-dimensional highlights system. It is not inaccurate to say that, when you watch the game being played, it's more like watching it on radar than any TV, live or other experience of cricket-watching you may have had before.

For me personally, I find the bowling tactics implementation in Cricket Coach to be virtually unusable. It has attempted to be so much better than ICC, but it lacks so many one-touch features of its rival that it is just not worth trying to use it.

On the other hand, Cricket Coach has some huge pluses. ICC's greatest innovation in four years is that now you can play domestic in two countries (England AND Australia). You are also limited to the 9 Test-playing nations (Zimbabwe is excluded) when playing internationally. In Cricket Coach, you can play international AND domestic in pretty much any country you can imagine (eg. Guernsey, Bermuda, Italy, Germany, Fiji)!

Secondly, Cricket Coach has started to implement plug-and-play historical and fantasy databases. If you want to play a series in the 1930s, you can just swap over your database and have all the players of that era available.
(I say "has started to implement" because bugs are still being ironed out, and accurate databases of players may be some months away - unless you do them yourself with the built-in editor)

At which point I ought to briefly mention the editor. Cricket Coach has an in-built editor so customization of your game is encouraged. ICC has only third-party 'hacker'-type editors, and editing is discouraged - understandably because ICC can be played online.

Nextly, depth of stats. In ICC, the game only maintains a rudimentary list of your team's records in first-class (domestic) or Tests (international) - none for any limited-overs format. Only three years of year-by-year stats are implemented. In Cricket Coach, all manner of record-breaking achievements are constantly being reported and recorded from all over the world. Year-by-year stats are accumulated for every year played.

Lastly, while both games have their own websites with discussion forums and interaction between players and developers, Cricket Coach is far more responsive to forum feedback. Okay, I agree Cricket Coach's original releases are a lot more buggy than ICC's. But in my opinion, this turns into a plus when Oli (CC's developer) is so much more communicative on the forums, is willing to turn out free upgrades for as long as it takes, and reports what he is working on every step of the way. This is in stark contrast to ICC, which only brings out one upgrade of each year's model, and races this out before many of the bugs have been discovered.

Having said all that, I personally prefer ICC. Purely because the bowling tactics system in Cricket Coach is too user-unfriendly to be bothered with.
For the future, however, I must say that CC is improving so much faster than ICC, that on current progress it will only be a year or so before CC is ahead.

PS: While they are definitely far too rare in Cricket Coach, I have been assured by Oli the developer that run outs are in the game, and a fairly convincing screenshot has been posted in the relevant thread on the Cricket Coach website. When further evidence comes to hand, I'll pass it on.
PPS: Here is a direct link to the screenshot: http://www.cricketcoachgame.com/sites/default/files/RunOut.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread