IPL 'IPL won't grow beyond seven weeks' - Modi

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
'IPL won't grow beyond seven weeks' - Modi | Cricket News | Indian Premier League 2010 | Cricinfo.com

"Exclusive: Modi says longer event will affect other formats"

LOL really?

"Test cricket is our bread and butter which people don't understand, we are never going to compromise on Test cricket," he said. "When I talked about, you know, (how) we have to do something about Test cricket, it's in the other countries that Test cricket is going down. In India, our ratings are going up, we have been tracking that year by year, in fact, we get paid highest for Test cricket."

I am sorry, but where is Modi?

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
The guy is just trying to cover up the things that he said, which were controversial in nature. He wants to make sure that his IPL is well protected from all sides possible. Thats why he even dismisses Dravid's argument that youngsters of today and tomorrow wont think of test cricket in the same way that their predecessors think (DRAVID IS RIGHT!)

Varun

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Ummm...... 7 weeks is enough to disturb other events , he should schedule his league as english T20 , 4 or 3 matches in a day

rahuldravidfan

International Cricketer
Well, he is the BCCI's Vice President and the Marketing head of the BCCI. Rumour has it that it is he the one pushing for tests in every upcoming series (he did with the Saffers and now he's trying to do it with the Australians, who tour us later this year).

WORLD CHAMPIONS

PC Battrick Cup Champion S17
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Modi is speaking, as if 7 weeks are quite short :sarcasm

rahuldravidfan

International Cricketer
^ Hehe. Its not him, its the money thats talking. And its rising exponentially every year :p

P

pcfan123

Are you guys sure he said the words "test cricket" I heard if he actually says those words he melts like the wicked witch of the west.

Last edited by a moderator:

rahuldravidfan

International Cricketer
Gaj... Which thread? The one where you and Troy were getting .... cozy? :p

When is his ban ending btw?

drainpipe32

Chairman of Selectors
I want my thread back!

Been visiting naughty forums have we RDF? :p

But yeah, what a shameless plug.

Prithvi

10 years at Planetcricket
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
If he really cares of test cricket, why don't he put up a knock out IPL in test format before the twenty twenty tournament starts and put his hands to improve test cricket? That takes maximum of 20 days and he'll get support from ICC even and ICC may gift him a window if he does that.

yashwanth kumar

Panel of Selectors
If he really cares of test cricket, why don't he put up a knock out IPL in test format before the twenty twenty tournament starts and put his hands to improve test cricket? That takes maximum of 20 days and he'll get support from ICC even and ICC may gift him a window if he does that.

Yes as you did in a Cricket league forum ;) , and finally he realized that after 2 years of T20 events :sarcasm

Users who are viewing this thread