It's just not cricket

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Ask CA or NZ Board.

Now there is no ICL even where NZ cricketers can go. Rather than blaming IPL why don't you talk about your players and board.

If the players didn't sign their national contract they would be allowed to play in the IPL I believe. Six of our players (IPL Contracted players) were given another two weeks to make their decison, after they signed their contracts we were told the tour had been shortend. Yes it's up to the player's to make this decison but it isn't the NZC Boards fault.

I've already given many reason's why I don't like the IPL so I'm not going to go over that again but it would make sense to make a window for it so player's don't have to make that choice.

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Is isn't IPL fault as well. I am again saying this, nobody forces players to play in IPL.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
Is isn't IPL fault as well. I am again saying this, nobody forces players to play in IPL.

Yes I agree it isn't the IPL's fault, it's the ICC fault for not being run properly.

nobody forces players to play in IPL

What kind of arguement is that?

Of course the player's aren't forced to play in the IPL, but not all countires have the money to pay their top players IPL money. If you really can't see that then there's no point in even trying to talk about it.

blake

School Cricketer
I enjoy watching Twenty20 matches as well as Test cricket and ODI cricket. True fans watch all forms Jake and enjoy it. You're just an idiot trying to stand up for test cricket - what is wrong with Twenty20? It's just a bit of fun, it attracts crowds and makes the game more popular. Sure, we all enjoy watching test matches but what's wrong with a bit of fun occasionally?

Your points about injuries and what not are simply ridiculous. It's like you are trying to make up random excuses and then blaming it on the IPL.

Besides, I know this was the first thread but you've made about five other threads trying to tell everyone about how much you hate IPL. Nobody cares anymore, bud.

jkartik

Chairman of Selectors
the only gripe i have with the T20/IPL is the ridiculous amount of games
and importance given to it.

it should be played as a change or for some cause.
other than that its just pure money mindedness from the respective boards.

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
I enjoy watching Twenty20 matches as well as Test cricket and ODI cricket. True fans watch all forms Jake and enjoy it. You're just an idiot trying to stand up for test cricket - what is wrong with Twenty20? It's just a bit of fun, it attracts crowds and makes the game more popular. Sure, we all enjoy watching test matches but what's wrong with a bit of fun occasionally?

Your points about injuries and what not are simply ridiculous. It's like you are trying to make up random excuses and then blaming it on the IPL.

Besides, I know this was the first thread but you've made about five other threads trying to tell everyone about how much you hate IPL. Nobody cares anymore, bud.

perfect post, :hpraise well done sir!

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner

Nice post. Nicer to see that it comes from an Aussie (the perception in recent times seems to be that many of the Aussies are against T20/IPL).

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors

I can have the occasional fun outside of cricket. Sorry if we don't see Twenty20 as fun.

Cricketdude

Chairman of Selectors
You don't have to carry on and on. I haven't seen you go on about Lawn balls, some tournaments of that attracts the crowds and I don't hear you complaining. I don't like it that much but have you ever heard me complain? It's pointless to read.

King Cricket

International Coach
My only problem with the IPL (and other domestics should they become so lucrative) is that they might change players priorities from International cricket to club cricket.

I can understand your concerns. Well, see, according to the new set of rules, you skip an approved FTP event- you'll not be able to participate in the IPL. Plus, you need to show "No Objection" certificate from your board. Yes, that is indeed a good move. And don't you see this solving the problem in a way?

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
I can understand your concerns. Well, see, according to the new set of rules, you skip an approved FTP event- you'll not be able to participate in the IPL. Plus, you need to show "No Objection" certificate from your board. Yes, that is indeed a good move. And don't you see this solving the problem in a way?

Yea it's a good move. Now we just need the ICC to work functionally.

Users who are viewing this thread