John Winston Howard - ICC President 2012 and beyond!

sifter132

Panel of Selectors
How long is a term in Australia for him to be there for 11 years.

It's a 3 year maximum. So he won 4 elections in that time.

For those playing at home:
'96 - 1st election: win v Paul Keating. Howard's coalition won 94 seats.
'98 - 2nd election: win v Kim Beazley. Howard's coalition won 80 seats.
'01 - 3rd election: win v Kim Beazley. Howard's coalition won 82 seats.
'04 - 4th election: win v Mark Latham. Howard's coalition won 87 seats.
'07 - 5th election: loss v Kevin Rudd. Howard's coalition won 65 seats.
NB. You need 75 seats to win a majority in the House of Reps.

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
Sharad Pawar didn't have any cricketing experience either (being the president of BCCI doesn't count... as he did not have any experience before he took that post).

That said, Howard seems a bit too outspoken and opinionated. Let's see, though.

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
John Howard is right wing politician. He will make the matters worse with regards to partisanship in dealings of ICC. I find this decision to be very stupid and inappropriate. This guy was a staunch supporter of Bush. Thats pretty much sums up what I want to say :doh

TumTum

International Cricketer
John Howard is right wing politician. He will make the matters worse with regards to partisanship in dealings of ICC. I find this decision to be very stupid and inappropriate. This guy was a staunch supporter of Bush. Thats pretty much sums up what I want to say :doh

First you get the money, then you get the power, then you get the woman. ;)

Everyone was kissing Bush's ass those days, now they will start kissing Obama's black ass.

sifter132

Panel of Selectors

How about Robert Mugabe? He's a left winger - he hates Bush. Is he your kind of appointment for the ICC?

First you get the money, then you get the power, then you get the woman. ;)

Everyone was kissing Bush's ass those days, now they will start kissing Obama's black ass.

Indeed. Howard kissed plenty of Bill Clinton buttocks in his early years. Every western politician sucks up to the Yanks.

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
How about Robert Mugabe? He's a left winger - he hates Bush. Is he your kind of appointment for the ICC?

You did not get my point. Mugabe is every bit an extremist as is Bush or Osama. I think Howard is a controversial figure and he will not be viewed as an unbiased president.

smssia0112

Chairman of Selectors
John Howard's nomination to ICC post in doubt | Cricket News | Cricinfo ICC Site | Cricinfo.com

Of all the reasons to oppose Howard's appointment, this is by far the stupidest and most abhorrent. You can pretty much guarantee this is directly related to his very public condemnation of Zimbabwe - for those who don't remember, he personally intervened when Australia was deciding whether or not to tour Zimbabwe a few years back - saying the Government would pay the fine if the ICC imposed one.

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
Hardly surprised at the opposition to Howard's nomination. Expect Sri Lanka to vote against Howard if it comes to that (given Howard's public bashing of Muralitharan's action). This would put 3 votes against his nomination, needing one more to block it. I'm sure the BCCI will hold the trump card, in this one. Howard better work on getting to know Sharad Pawar really well over the next few months!

chapmanp

School Cricketer
Howard is a extreme far right racist and should never be the preident of the ICC

chapmanp added 3 Minutes and 42 Seconds later...

Indeed. Howard kissed plenty of Bill Clinton buttocks in his early years. Every western politician sucks up to the Yanks.

Mugabe is not an issue. Besides Mugabe was fully justified in 'land grabbing', land that was stolen by whites from black people in Zimbabe.

Howard is an extreme far right obnoxious and vile racist pig

Chewie

BCCI President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I think we should just go and nominate John Anderson instead and solve this problem ;)

Users who are viewing this thread