Last Alliance of Wrestling

Mr. Kurns

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Woah...i'm like....back!

Note: this opening, and the basis of the diary is blatantly stolen from an epic diary on ewbattleground, excuse the uncreativeness.

I laughed as I read it, although perhaps I should have cried at just how far a lie can go. If the truth is hidden long enough, does it cease to exist? People had been taken in by the lie, alright. This was what the wrestling fans of the general public believed ? but they were wrong. How could they possibly know the sinister truth behind the state of wrestling?

Still, it was a good history, as far as fiction went. I couldn?t blame this internet journo ? he was just summing up what he believed to be true. I read through the tangle of lies about the wrestling world people have been taught to believe, this time in the shape of an article at Adamryland.co.uk

Ryland's Review of the Wrestling Revolution

The 1980's turned out a lot different to what everyone expected. Vince McMahon's attempt to dominate the US wrestling scene were foiled when the NWA stood up to him and called his bluff. Vince ended up losing the WWF name through bankruptcy. The NWA went on to be the dominant force in wrestling, although their very strength - many different members making up a larger whole - meant that no one promotion managed to go global.

As we come into the new Millenium, things are poised interestingly. Of the major NWA affiliates, three stand at a national level, ready to try to go global. A few cult promotions are becoming more popular, and are attempting to move to a national stage. Finally, some smaller regional promotions are springing up.

The Cast...

NWA: Calgary Stampede (National) - Owned by Stu Hart, NWA:CS are the only federation promoting out of Canada. Built around the best three graduates of the Hart Family Dungeon - Bret Hart, Chris Benoit and Chris Jericho - this federation relies more on straight heavily-athletic matches, and avoids gimmicks and shock angles.

NWA: East Coast (National) - Vince McMahon returned to wrestling by joining the NWA and promoting out of New York City. The promotion is built around big draws like Hogan, Rock and the Clique, and also includes Shane and Stephanie McMahon. The rest of the roster is made up of McMahon loyalists and assorted big men.

NWA: Texas (National) - Built on the legacy of the Von Erich's, Dusty Rhodes has taken control of NWA:TX. The promotion is a throwback to the 1980's, with much of the roster taken up by either veterans of that era, or local Texans. The major stars are Ric Flair, Steve Austin, Mark Callaway and Randy Savage.

NWA: Los Angeles (Cult) - A brainchild of Roddy Piper, NWA:LA is a two-tiered promotion. Once tier has a gritty urban feel, using people like the Gangstas to deliver chaotic violence. The other tier is a result of a deal struck with some Japanese federations, where some of their top talent like Mike Barton and Michael Modest are allowed to compete.

NWA: Mexico City (Cult) - The most popular grappler in Mexico, Konnan hung up his wrestling boots and became the promoter of the biggest promotion south of the border. Focussing almost entirely on lucha libre performers like Rey Misterio and Juvi Guerrera, NWA:MC features mostly high-flying bouts.

NWA: Strong Style (Cult) - Al Snow decided to try something different, and started up a US promotion based more on the Japanese style of stiff blows and submission holds. With close friend Dan Severn on board, a great talent roster was assembled, with names like Ken Shamrock and AJ Styles being the cream of the crop, plus a mass of Japanese talent due to links with other federations in the Orient.

NWA: Detroit Michigan (Regional) - This promotion is a no-frills federation run by Bill Watts. The action is brutal and realistic. The roster mainly consists of hard-hitting powerhouses like the Steiners and Road Warriors, but their main selling point is the presense of Brock Lesnar and Kurt Angle, who are the top two stars.

NWA: Hardcore City (Regional) - Based out of Philly, Paul Heyman's promotion is the bad boy of the NWA, always looking to use shock tactics. The roster consists entirely of Heyman loyalists like Tommy Dreamer, Tazz, and Stevie Richards.

At the current time, wrestling is not televised anywhere, although this is likely to change very soon. Which promotion will be first to reach the Global level?

Adam Ryland, January 1, 2003

Ryland was close, as far as he went. Which pretty much meant that all he had right was the date ? January, 2003. Everything else might as well have been a press release from a politician ? what?s in it is strictly true, but all the important details are left out. The NWA dominates the wrestling scene, but not in the way Ryland, and everyone else thinks.

There are 8 major NWA federations. And THAT IS ALL. The entire American wrestling scene as it stands. I?m quite serious ? I?m surprised people haven?t noticed yet. There are still foreign companies, of course ? Puroresu is still operating strong in Japan. There is the odd European fed popping up in Germany and Russia, but that?s strictly small time... only a few steps up from Yardtards on trampolines. The WWF was the only one who could have competed, but I can?t blame McMahon for selling out to the NWA ? he had a family to think about, and God knows how far they could have pushed him with it. His daughter, Stephanie, still bears scars up and down her arms. It could be nothing but a simple accident, like the stories say. But I don't believe in accidents any more. If the WWF fell to simple bankruptcy, I'll eat my hat.

To the main point - Every new indy fed that starts up without the NWA?s blessing ?mysteriously? fails. EVERY. LAST. ONE.

And do you want to know why?

The NWA is not what it seems. There are strong forces behind it, and crossing the NWA means crossing some serious people. The Mob, the Mafia ? I don?t know about those. They could be nothing more than Hollywood fiction. But what I do know is this ? the NWA is controlled, owned, and operated, by a dangerous man in the nasty business of organised crime.

Jacob Caulder. I don?t expect you to know the name, but it?s one that strike fear into my heart. Caulder isn?t the new Al Capone, of course. I suppose he might even be only relatively small-time, but I don?t know, and God knows I don?t want to know, how deep in corruption this world is. But back to Caulder. He is a crook, with his fingers in many pies. Drugs, guns, you name it? and wrestling. Jacob Caulder is the man that runs the NWA. Not officially, of course ? the NWA board owns and controls the franchise. And behinds the scenes, like an evil puppet master, Caulder owns and controls them. I could see why running the whole market would be profitable; collectively, the NWA territories were probably pulling in millions, maybe billions, every year. And Caulder took a good cut for keeping out the competition.

Each division is run by it?s own bookers like Heyman and Rhodes. As far as I know, these guys aren?t crooked. Nor are the wrestlers that work for the company. They don?t know what?s going on? but I think some must suspect by now. I don?t mean to suggest the wrestling business is crooked. It?s as legit as it ever was. It?s just show business, and the show must go on. The matches are set, the promos are rolling. There?s comedy, drama, good wrestling action, and characters. It?s all sweet for wrestling fans.

But the NWA Monopoly ? that stinks to high heaven.

Everyone who has stood up to Caulder has failed. Every wrestling company that has run against the NWA has fail. Through bribes, extortion, threats, and I fear even violence, Caulder has kept his grip on the wrestling world. Not one new company succeeds ? Caulder makes sure of it, by hook or by crook ? and he?s not a man to be stopped by the boundaries of the law.

Everyone that has opposed the monopoly of the NWA has failed ? until now.

I say it?s time for a stand. I say it?s time to show Caulder that freedom is not dead. I say the time has come, to fight back!

I will not be bribed. I will not corrupted. I will not be threatened. And I will not fall to the NWA.

I?m here to make one final stand. I am here to lead it:

The Last Alliance of Wrestling.

LAW is coming for Jacob Caulder... and we won't be stopped.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mr. Kurns

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
4 Years ago, I was part of a small group having fun and playing the wrestling game. Dave and I ran and booked Full Impact Wrestling, we weren't on Caulder's radar until we started to challenge NWA: Detroit, then it got ugly. I was a hidden party, but Dave was the public figure. First it was warnings, then his family was targeted.

Dave's parent's died in a "house fire" and his brother was severely injured in a mysterious accident. Then they turned to him.... FIW's 3 Year Anniversary Show was going to be the best one yet...but it never happened.

There was threats in the lead up but Dave just kept on going. We had 3 days before our show, we had the biggest names in our history lined up, when they finally got through to Dave. By killing him.

The night that will stick in my mind, and how I just couldn't save him.

2 weeks later I changed my identity, and built a new life, but i couldn't get Jacob Caulder out of my mind. I knew I had to destroy him, and I knew how. With the power of wrestling. The one thing I kept from my old life was money. That money was put into use for LAW, and I won't stop until Caulder goes, or I go.

The day I formed LAW, I knew I needed an assistant, and after the many discussions with my next door neighbour, Sophie, I knew who I wanted. She'd been part of NWA: LA but what happened after that I didn't know. Sophie accepted and we started to get a roster under way for our first show, to be held in February.

ROSTER

Austin Lee
Azreal
Chris Sabin
CM Punk
Eki Fatu
Frankie The Armadillo
Just Lethal
Yang
Lance Cade
Matt Morgan
Michael Shane
Nigel McGuinness
Paul London
Sonjay Dutt
The Briscoes
Tommy Suede
Trent Acid

The Spin

Panel of Selectors
I'm looking forward to this, nice to see a fictional scenario being used here. Good luck!

Oh and great roster, by the way!

Users who are viewing this thread