Legends Mode

simsek49

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Having only briefly heard about this i thoght this was going to be a game mode in which you take up the career in one player as has been done recently in certain football games.

Now i am very dissapointed that i was wrong as i think this could be a winner. Just imagien being signed up as a 18 year old at your county club playing 2nds games gaining points in which you can spend on your bowling/batting skills gradually make your way into the 1st then play for your country.

I find for instance playing a full test match a bit tedious after a while and very time consuming, were as this mode would allow you to just concentrate on the one players performance, bat there innings if the captain choses them to bowl, bowl there overs.

Anyone else agree that this would be a great mode? Defiantly one i think developers should be looking at and im dissapointed there isnt one yet as i feel this game as good as i have heard the game play is will get a bit boring after a while as its just international and mainly ashes.

Not having a moan but would be a good idea.

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Yeah, one of Warney's challenges is for you to recreate the Gatting ball, but it isn't possible because if you spin it across the batsman it always hits his pad and not the top of off stump. You end up having to bowl him around his legs.

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
Its rather pathetic that they use the players from the squads, and not the actual legends. Seriously, how much more work would it have been to create 10 or so new players for this?

ammar

Club Cricketer
I don't know if another EA Cricket game is under development but I think their next game will have it as Fifa and NBA Live have it so I would only assume that Cricket has it too.

backup_king05

School Cricketer
that would be awesome if they had that or if any cricket games in the future has that mode...I have such a mode in my MLB game, where I sign with a minor league team and work my way up to the big leagues. As i play more and achieve the goals given to me by my manager, I get more points to spend and improve on my Attributes...and consistent show will take you up a level....and until, finally, you reach the big leagues...and your goal is to make the created player a Hall of Famer. I think such a mode should be implemented in all the future cricket games. You can start playing domestic cricket (County or other domestic tournaments) and then you work hard and make your way up to the international level, and then eventually captain the side.

As a person who has not played a cricket game before this, I would be pretty happy getting to play some sort of cricket with good graphics forever...lol....anywayz, i hope they do implement this idea in the future editions.

99 Not Out

Club Cricketer
Having only briefly heard about this i thoght this was going to be a game mode in which you take up the career in one player as has been done recently in certain football games.

Now i am very dissapointed that i was wrong as i think this could be a winner. Just imagien being signed up as a 18 year old at your county club playing 2nds games gaining points in which you can spend on your bowling/batting skills gradually make your way into the 1st then play for your country.

I find for instance playing a full test match a bit tedious after a while and very time consuming, were as this mode would allow you to just concentrate on the one players performance, bat there innings if the captain choses them to bowl, bowl there overs.

Anyone else agree that this would be a great mode? Defiantly one i think developers should be looking at and im dissapointed there isnt one yet as i feel this game as good as i have heard the game play is will get a bit boring after a while as its just international and mainly ashes.

Not having a moan but would be a good idea.

I agree. That would be class. But Codemasters doesn't put counties on the game, and I don't like the EA Cricket Version. But the are some falls in your idea like what you do when your not batting or bowling

backup_king05

School Cricketer
I agree. That would be class. But Codemasters doesn't put counties on the game, and I don't like the EA Cricket Version. But the are some falls in your idea like what you do when your not batting or bowling

you should have the option of playing the whole game or simming the game until it's your turn to bat or bowl, or the ball comes to you.....

This feature is in MLB 09, where you can either play the whole game as everyone on the field or just play when you are upto bat, or when the ball comes near you.....but, you have the option to sim the game until it's your turn.

simsek49

School Cricketer

Well your just one player, the rest of the match is simulated just like when you skip overs until your either in to bat or chosen to bowl. Its then up to you to bat/bowl according to your sides position.

Users who are viewing this thread