Problem: Line of the ball

ineedikanth

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I started playing this game on xbox yesterday.

May be a dumb question, but I am not getting an idea about how to control the line of the ball while bowling and how to judge it while batting.

I have understood how to select length and type of delivery while bowling,but no clue about line.

Please help

Alberts

International Coach
The line is the position of the stick on release. So if the release is pushing the stick forward, for at middle stump make it straight up, otherwise move it slightly to one side or another to change the line. If you have bowling HUD on there should be a line at the bottom with a ball (or dot) on it, it shows the line of the input for the release.

ineedikanth

School Cricketer
Thanks

Great! Thanks a lot.

Could you please also help me how to spot the line of the ball while batting. It seems I'm always playing late when I try the shot after noticing length and line.

Alberts

International Coach
Great! Thanks a lot.

Could you please also help me how to spot the line of the ball while batting. It seems I'm always playing late when I try the shot after noticing length and line.

It's mostly practice. The AI tends to bowl quite a bit more than you'd expect at your legs.

Rahul_Rants

County Cricketer
India
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
The line is the position of the stick on release. So if the release is pushing the stick forward, for at middle stump make it straight up, otherwise move it slightly to one side or another to change the line. If you have bowling HUD on there should be a line at the bottom with a ball (or dot) on it, it shows the line of the input for the release.

If i bowl an out swinger using "L" stick (for RHB) and press the Right stick (R) up and slightly right (i.e inswing to a right handed bat) what would happen??

Most of the balls are pitching on leg stump even if I try to bowl outswing.

Help

Last edited:

gtalnz

School Cricketer
If i bowl an out swinger using "L" stick (for RHB) and press the Right stick (R) up and slightly right (i.e inswing to a right handed bat) what would happen??

Most of the balls are pitching on leg stump even if I try to bowl outswing.

Help

By pressing the Right stick slightly right you are telling your bowler to direct the ball slightly down the leg side.

Assuming you want to start around middle/off and swing away, you need to press the right stick straight up, or ever so slightly to the left.

Rahul_Rants

County Cricketer
India
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
By pressing the Right stick slightly right you are telling your bowler to direct the ball slightly down the leg side.

Assuming you want to start around middle/off and swing away, you need to press the right stick straight up, or ever so slightly to the left.

Thank you. I'll try it :)

Users who are viewing this thread