Mar 9 - India vs Netherlands

deepuparayil

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I really hate Dhoni now. Why is he keep selecting an average clueless spinner Chawla, when an above average spinner with good variation and better record waiting outside?. In my opinion Yuvraj is a better ODI bowler than Chawla.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
No slips in the 3rd over of the match against Netherlands? Is the pitch that good for batting or is it poor captaincy from Dhoni?

deepuparayil

International Cricketer
No slips in the 3rd over of the match against Netherlands? Is the pitch that good for batting or is it poor captaincy from Dhoni?

From Cricinfo:

Pitch report: Sunny Gavaskar terms this pitch as "National Highway No. 6". Enough said! "The ball may keep a little low in the second innings, but this is a batsman's pitch alright."

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
From Cricinfo:

Pitch report: Sunny Gavaskar terms this pitch as "National Highway No. 6". Enough said! "The ball may keep a little low in the second innings, but this is a batsman's pitch alright."

A Delhi pitch being a highway?? Thats a surprise. In recent years, Delhi has acquired a reputation of being a slow and sluggish pitch where scores of 200-230 are common.

Aditya

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Looks a great pitch to bat on, the ball is coming nicely onto the bat. I won't be surprised to see Netherlands making a score of 250+.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
I was wishing for a typical Delhi pitch. A flat wicket like this could Netherlands a boost because on such wickets, our bowling attack is listless.

jkartik

Chairman of Selectors
Cricinfo said:
Arun Parthasarathy: "Examples of unconditional love: Dhoni & Chawla, Dhoni & Joginder Sharma, Dhoni & R P Singh." I am surprised Ravindra Jadeja doesn't figure in this comment.

cricket you dhoni! what the hell were you thinking picking chawla again! :mad

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
It wouldnt have hurt if Dhoni had favored Ashwin due to their Chennai connection. Now it feels as if people are desperate for Dhoni to show his Chennai love for Ashwin.:D

GreatSixer

School Cricketer
Brilliant Start By Netherlands They Should Keep The Thing the things going and try to reach upto 300 total :p

Kabooka

International Cricketer
NED should aim for something like 250+ only to concede it by 30 odd overs. Remember WI made 330 against NED on this very pitch also, NED were bowled out for 110 something in reply (though it had a lot to do with Roach's bowling)

used2bcool

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
More DRS shenanigans involving India:

Cricinfo said:
Chawla to Szwarczynski, 1 run, appeal for lbw, turned down and given as a leg bye. Dhoni decided to review it. This is going to be interesting. The initial replay suggested there was some glove on it as Eric went for a sweep to a full ball on off stump. If it hadn't hit the glove that would have been out. Now, the umpire says not out. And then says it is not a leg bye. I am stumped. The umpire is confused. He's asks Eric to go back to take strike. Not sure how he can do that. Ah, now he gets it right. Eric gets the single. But it seems unfair that this should cost India a review. The umpire said leg bye, which is what prompted the review in the first place - Dhoni assumed it had hit pad first and hence was in for a chance to get the lbw. Reversing the leg bye and penalising the review that was based on the leg-bye seems unfair. UDRS controversies and India - now that's unconditional love!

Funny how it works out.

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Sehwag looked absolutely stunning today, those two sixes were superb, loved them. Sad that he is dismissed, probably there was a message from the pavilion to end the match as soon as possible which led to his dismissal and that's why we saw Yusuf coming in at 3.

And now as I type this, Sachin gets out! :facepalm

----------

And now Yusuf gets out in quest of quick runs! :facepalm
Hopefully the two Delhi lads, Virat and Gambhir get us going.

mohit_dude10

Club Captain
From 69/0 to 82/3. Playing far too many shots which is unnecessary at this stage especially after the start Sehwag gave them. Sachin too played very unlike him, it was as if they were asked to chase this down within 20 overs.

AkshayS

Chairman of Selectors
fearsome tweak, just ruined what could have been a super match. I wish I could see India winning with 10 wickets when Sachin and Sehwag are in full flow.

Users who are viewing this thread