March 12 : India vs South Africa

Aditya

ICC Board Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
What happened to Joginder Sharma? He was good in the 2007 T20 world cup. When we are struggling to find a good bowler then giving him a chance wont be a bad idea.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
What happened to Joginder Sharma? He was good in the 2007 T20 world cup. When we are struggling to find a good bowler then giving him a chance wont be a bad idea.

Oh come on. He will be busted to pieces. When guys like Munaf and Nehra are so bad, Jogi will be worser than the worst. It was a fluke that he shot to fame with those 'famous final overs'. Even Chennai doesnt respect his bowling and doesnt give him a chance to play.

AngryPixel

Chairman of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Joginder Sharma :eek: Might as well get the Ravindra Jadeja back in the team :rolleyes

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Joginder was a fluke of a decision. I remember going from my living room to the kitchen for a cup of coffee when I saw Joginder with the ball.
Dhoni seems to think his decisions will work every time. Also, one thing to be observed, he has never ever tossed the ball to Tendulkar during his captaincy. Sehwag-agreed the recent arm injury prohibits him from bowling, but Sachin can be used and should be rightly so.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Joginder was a fluke of a decision. I remember going from my living room to the kitchen for a cup of coffee when I saw Joginder with the ball.
Dhoni seems to think his decisions will work every time. Also, one thing to be observed, he has never ever tossed the ball to Tendulkar during his captaincy. Sehwag-agreed the recent arm injury prohibits him from bowling, but Sachin can be used and should be rightly so.

Sachin has bowled a few overs in some games (not in this World Cup though!) when Dhoni has captained. But yeah, he has not been utilised enough. But maybe Sachin himself doesnt want to bowl as much. I wish Sehwag comes back to bowling as he is one of our most useful part time bowlers (even better than Yuvraj) as he can spin the ball better than Harbhajan (Erapalli Prasanna once said Sehwag is our best off spinner in India right now)

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
^That was Bedi.

I'm okay with Sachin not bowling. He is batting like a monster and he is probably in our top 4 or so fielders too...which is embarrassing. Let's give him a break :p.

AkshayS

Chairman of Selectors
Just like Cricketman said, I'm okay with Sachin not bowling though he turns the bowl by a mile, but he is batting like a monster and is fielding brillianlty.

And Joginder Sharma :eek:

Aditya

ICC Board Member
Oh come on. He will be busted to pieces. When guys like Munaf and Nehra are so bad, Jogi will be worser than the worst. It was a fluke that he shot to fame with those 'famous final overs'. Even Chennai doesnt respect his bowling and doesnt give him a chance to play.

Well, I don't follow Indian domestic cricket so I'm not really sure how well he has been bowling. We are really missing Irfan Pathan. :(

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
Joginder Sharma was a fluke. And yes, we certainly are missing Irfan, he has proven himself time and again but luck isn't on his side.

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
^To get back into the side Irfan needs to get his pace up and over 130 KPH (at least) consistently. He is not good enough as a batsman to warrant him a place in side when he is bowling 115 KPH offcutters. I don't know whether he is got back his pace since I don't follow Indian Domestic cricket.

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
He seemed to bowling consistently between 125-135 in the previous seasons of IPL.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Irfan needs to get up there in the 130's and get his control back before he can be considered again. I also wish Ishant Sharma bounces back soon. After Zaheer, he is the only guy that comes close to being a decent fast bowler for India with his height and the bounce he extracts. Get his head right, and he should be good for India. Deepak Chahar needs to be groomed properly. Someone like Kapil and/or Srinath should focus on this lad. Yomahesh started off well but then no news about him. The problem is with our focus on batting completely. We have bowlers and if we guide them properly, we can easily find our next Zaheer/Srinath.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Irfan could have been an ideal replacement for Praveen. We do not need an express pace bowler. Only thing, he needs to improve upon his pace. He can also bat a bit, rather he can bat quite well.

Btw, why was RP Singh not even considered ?

Users who are viewing this thread