Match,Tour & Competition Experiences

Mooshtaq

School Cricketer
Never played DB14 or 17 so new to the series. After being all out for under 100 in my first few innings it finally clicked for me in the opening test of my Ashes series. In reply to Australia’s 275 I am 170/2. Big partnership with Stoneman and Vince. Just when I thought things were getting too easy, Stoneman edged one to third slip on 92. Still in a solid position though. I’ve really been enjoying bowling (I can bowl 80 overs without getting bored at all - never had that with a cricket game), and now the batting is enjoyable too that I am figuring it out. On Medium/Pro at the moment so may have to bump it up soon, but having a blast so far!

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Despite having what was probably my best batting performance to win an ODI, apart from a moment of idiocy with a player on 96, my highlight was bowling this beauty with a slow left armer.

Hamza to Mortaza- (I don't think you can embed twitch videos, right?)

uk85LEQ.png

plMnbFg.png

kamy100

Associate Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
Midway through the first Ashes test and I am enjoying it. Me (England) have taken control in the last session before that it was pretty even:

DPjy3ToX4AAyutM.jpg

cd779

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
Played a 'warm-up' Ashes series to decide which difficulty level I should be playing on, and now I've begun the Ashes 'proper'. This is on pro difficulty level, with Hardest for batting, Medium for bowling and for fielding.

Here was the state of play at lunch on day 1, with England (me) having won the toss and elected to bat:
424779c6-da9e-4dd4-a76e-da5364a62087.PNG

Stoneman and Cook made a solid start, seeing off the first twenty overs without coming close to a dismissal. The run rate was low, around 2.00, but they defended well and took advantage of occasional gaps in the field. The pace bowlers had failed to trouble them, however, and so on came Nathan 'Gary' Lyon to bring spin into play. Within his first two overs, he had his first victim - Cook, again trying to take advantage of a gap at mid-on, mistimed his shot and was given out LBW - the decision was reviewed, but the DRS showed that the umpire was correct. The only consolation was that the review would be kept as it had been 'umpire's call' on hitting the wicket. This wicket signalled a mini collapse for the England team. James Vince lasted for only six balls, and was then bowled by a Lyon ball with a prodigious amount of turn without troubling the scorers. Root fell, also off six balls for a duck, in exactly the same manner - the bails being dislodged as the ball hit the top of his off stump. It only got worse before lunch, as Dawid Malan attempted to come out all guns blazing before falling in a similar manner to Cook. Steve Smith opted not to have a mid-off again, and Malan attemped to heave a delivery up into the empty space, but only found the waiting fielder at mid-on. After reaching 62 without loss, England found themselves having lost four wickets in quick succession for the addition of only 18 runs.

a7e1691a-7b34-4d08-88cf-9e4d553d5dd2.PNG

However, England rallied after lunch. Stoneman and Moeen added runs, and Stoneman was unfortunate to find the edge to third slip while wafting at a ball outside his off stump - Cummins taking his second wicket of the match. He had made an excellent half century, remaining at the crease for over three hours of play. After his dismissal, Moeen and Bairstow played more aggressively, and both remained standing at tea. After the first session had been decisively Australia's, this session gave England hope, adding 99 runs for the loss of only one wicket. With 25 overs left in the day, Moeen and Bairstow will be hoping to build on this score, with only Woakes and the bowlers left to come in.

---------------------------------------------------------------

This was probably the most enjoyable session I've had with this game yet. Turning the batting difficult up to Hardest has really made me have to concentrate while batting, making me play more slowly but still being able to make runs. Need to work on my defensive shots with the right-handers to Lyon, and avoid the temptation to play too many shots to obvious gaps in the field though ... will be an interesting final session of the day.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
On an overcast day in Birmingham India took on Pakistan. A solid start from India and some big hitting from Ashwin helped India to 300 despite three rain breaks.

Pakistan were then decimated, losing six wickets in the first six overs.
eHY9a4i.jpg
fzg8gzy.jpg
aovf1kT.jpg
r0HbArW.jpg
Hz6FbyJ.jpg

D

Deleted member 185125

Late Swing on the first two deliveries and third one took an edge to the keeper.

D

Deleted member 185125

Check out Adil Rashid's charge down shot to Nathan Lyon

D

Deleted member 185125

Eoin Morgan takes a brilliant catch diving to the front

Users who are viewing this thread