Mini Mafia 2 - End Game. Mafia (Barmyarmy) wins

Aditya

ICC Board Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Cheers for the honest feedback, guys! My games are usually easily to play, with a simple balance. This time, I went for something different, a very confusing balance, if I may say. In the end, the one with the toughest task to win the game won, so indeed well played, Colin. :)

@Puddleduck - Looking forward to play a game now after running one. Playing is much easier. :p

----------

Mafia QT

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Game track?

@PD - I'm happy to help run the game with you (by run I mean sit back, let you do all the work and offer advice if you want it).

Aditya

ICC Board Member
Night Roles​

Night 1
BKB tried to investigate Colin (Not successful), Varun blocked BKB ( success), Hedger killed BKB (success)

Night 2
With Godfather dead, Usurper (Barmyarmy was the new godfather). He killed Varun (success), Varun tried to block User (Not successful)

Roles​

Role Blocker, Town Aligned

Each night you will send me the name of the player, who you want to block, as in stop from using his role. You have a important role, use it wisely.

You win when the town wins and all the threats to the town are eliminated.

Inventor, Town Aligned

You?ve got a very important role. You?ve got two set of items, Seeing Crystal which helps you to investigate somebody. The second item you have is, Forcefield Generator, which allows you to protect somebody. Once you have used an item, you cannot use it again. This means, you can only protect and investigate someone once in the whole game. You cannot use the two roles at the same time either. Good luck!

Beloved Princess, Town Aligned

Everyone loves you and hence you are the beloved princess. You don?t have any important role, you may survive till the end of the game but if you are lynched or killed, the next day phase is skipped.

Double Voter, Town Aligned

Your vote counts. Place your vote carefully, your vote can cause someone innocent to get lynched. Apart from this, you have no other important role.

Miller, Town Aligned

You are a regular townie, you don?t have any other important role. Though, upon cop investigation, you come up guilty so make sure that you play safely and don?t let the cop investigate you.

Mafia Godfather, Mafia Aligned

You are the mafia godfather. Each night, you may send in the name of one player who you want to kill at night and I?d revert back, letting you know whether you were successful or not.

You win when all the threats to mafia are killed.

Mafia Usurper, Mafia Aligned

You have a challenging objective to win the game. You?ve not got any important role, you will discuss the game with your mafia team-mate in the QT. However, in order to win this game, you must get the godfather lynched. If you both survive till the end game, the godfather wins but not you. You?ve got a tricky task to win the game, good luck!

You win when all the threats to mafia and the mafia godfather is killed.

Game Balance​

I was originally planning to run a 9 player game. The balance would have been same with 1 vanilla and 1 mafia more added to the setup. As far as Hedger's chances of winning this game are concerned, he had equal chance to win as Barmyarmy though I must also add, it's not easy to play as Mafia GF when there is a usurper and for that, Hedger must be appreciated he played well. If you ask me, I found Barmyarmy's role claim more solid than Hedger's for the simple fact that two cops in one game is less believable than one inventor and a tracker and it could be said that because of a better role claim, Barmyarmy survived and won the game.

In the end it wasn't a one-sided affair, Usurper and mafia GF both had a chance to win the game but perhaps these kind of roles are better in a game which has more players (at least 12) but then again as I mentioned before, I wanted to create a balance which is very new, fresh if you may say. I hope you all enjoyed this game and a new setup, which some may like and some may not but I hope that in the end, everyone enjoyed the game and once again, well played Colin! Deserved to win. However, this also means that this win gets you just one win behind my record and for that simple reason, watch out in the next game. :p I'm just kidding ya, well played man. :cheers

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
In 2 mafias, Usurper role is really a disadvantage for the actual Godfather tbh.

lmao, I told Aditya that like 5 times.

But really, I had no chance. If I got barmy lynched, I'd have been blocked by Varun and with a mislynch, town would have won regardless. Getting Varun lynched was the only way to win but normally mafia has 2 votes on someone rather than 1 vote from then already against them so I had to convince two townies to vote off a townie since barmy couldn't lynch Varun or he'd lose.

So I have to say, I really didn't have a chance. Zhuorb being modkilled gave me my only chance of winning but it wasn't going to be much still and I really couldn't be bothered.

----------

and what do I do if I need a QT thread for mafia?

Just make an account, it's free. I'm not going to play anyway though so if you're too lazy, I could make you one if you needed. But yeah, I'm pretty busy with school atm. You saw my inactivity during that game, I barely came on once a night and it's so hard to read through everything.

----------

And btw, why is miller always revealed in role pm as miller. I think it works better when it's not revealed to the person that they're miller, just a vanilla townie.

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
I think from reading a bit online, 9 person games are fairly essential as a minimum for involving some of the more exotic roles.

Hedger didn't stand a chance really, Barmy could always shaft him at any point and in doing so not only sets up a potential mafia win by making himself look the only confirmed town, he also sets up his individual win condition.

Yeah I may well run a 9 person game for the next one, as I've found a few pre constructed setups with 9 that work well. I may need Barmy/Hedger to play if that's the case :p

Am I likely to get 9 people? Otherwise I'll just run a simple 7 person setup that may or may not be the standard newbie setup (or one of their variants).

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
I don't think at this stage you will get more than 7 players. There are some good setups for a 7 player game. Also, you can always make one yourself.

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
Really? I'd have thought each of the 7 games I've played so far we could have chucked Sedition/MaD etc in and that would be 9? Anyway, thread started, will see how it goes :p

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
I reckon you can get 9. If you look at the last few 7 player games there have probably been about 12 or more players involved.

BKB1991

Panel of Selectors
lucky prick Colin, if I only survived the night, it would have been curtains for you..

----------

well played though :P

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
Didn't Varun roleblock you anyway so your one use crystal was blocked?

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
lucky prick Colin, if I only survived the night, it would have been curtains for you..

----------

well played though :P

It wasn't total luck. I knew if you were cop you would investigate me like in MaD's game. Once I was mafia you were always dying night 1.

Varun

ICC Board Member
Really? I'd have thought each of the 7 games I've played so far we could have chucked Sedition/MaD etc in and that would be 9? Anyway, thread started, will see how it goes :p

Sigh, I remember the times we could easily get 15+ signups, all active.

Users who are viewing this thread