A Closed Setup Mafia - 7 Players | Endgame| Mafia - puddleduck Wins!|

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
If you'd died tonight, I think potentially Manly would have lynched off Swirler with me anyway. As you say, the vanilla claim did fit better than bulletproof. Having both bulletproof and bomb was probably weighted a little too much in town's favour, but that unbalance made my claim more believable.

Sedition

Panel of Selectors
Haha, what a surprise that Yudi wanted to kill me on Night 0 :p I was curious as to who he would cast suspicion on that day, so when it was me and PD, I was a little suspicious of the latter, but in all, it was a pretty crap Day 1 with like 5 posts coming from half the players in 3 days.

What made you target BKB btw? Besides Manly, I thought he was the least likely target. Worked out though considering it seems he got the result on you :p

----------

and of course all the bad feelings that I had about PD are falling into place now :p After I revealed my result, I expected it to turn to Swirler vs. PD pretty fast and some wild accusations being thrown around.. Instead it was more like Me vs. Swirler and when he didn't go after PD at all, I couldn't resist :p

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
Early in the game, he had seemed to agree there was a doc/cop so I figured he was the doc. He'd been farly quiet as well. Felt that you'd get blocked by the doc regardless, so just went out on a bit of a hunch that he might be the doc.

Investigated Manly in case his bomb claim was to try and hide being the doc. At that point I also felt Swirler was the vanilla I was going to claim. Didn't expect bulletproof, which actually helped me in the end :)

----------

Had we stuck to my plan of targetting the random name draw, BKB would have died on the first night anyway :p All in all, Yudi was borderline useless, but it allowed me to turn on him :lol

Sedition

Panel of Selectors
Hm yeah makes sense. For Swirler as mafia, I figured his kill preference would be something like:

1. Me (det)
2. PD (doc)
3. BKB (possible PR)
4. Manly (possible bomb)

So BKB didn't make a lot of sense.. for deciding your kill list it was more a psychological battle.. Swirler seemed the obvious 2nd choice since I wasn't that suspicious of him and I thought there was a better chance that he was the night role instead of BKB.

Varun

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Initially in the game, I said to myself that PD must be mafia. Something in his posts....or so it seemed. But I don't trust my intuition very much in mafia games, and anyway I didn't follow the game further. :p

Sedition

Panel of Selectors
Yeah his posts did seem methodical at times.. I rushed my decision making a bit at the end there, and maybe forcing all the claims was a mistake.. Thought there was a good chance there'd be a doc claim though, and that would have been close to a checkmate scenario whether true or not.

Still kicking myself, but oh well, no denying that PD played a good game and learned from his mistake of not being consistent enough last time :p

----------

Oh and good job Zhuorb, thanks for running this :thumbs

simsanta123

Club Cricketer
I loved going through the mafia discussion to see who pressed for my kill and finding it is my old Mafia mate PD. :spy
Haha, well played man. Barring the slow first day, a very enjoyable game of Mafia to follow. :)

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
I didn't at all! I was all for killing BKB first up, Yudi pushed for you if I recall :)

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Nice work, PD. Had we killed Sedition earlier I would have been alive! :p

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
Yeah, but had you managed to make it through the first day, we could have literally dominated that game by claiming cop and hiding Sedition's role at death :) Still, your sacrifice was my gain in the end :D But yeah, you were right, that killing Sedition first would have gone well.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Nice play PD. A real shame so much inactivity and replacements needed for a 7 player game. Very frustrating.

Users who are viewing this thread