Mafia: Discussion, History and Waiting List Thread

RUDI

Administrator
Admin
SRH...
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Champions League Winner
Setup:

1. This game is nightless. There will be no night actions whatsoever. This includes factional killing.
2. This game is flipless. Lynched players will not flip their alignment.
3. Failing to lynch for a game day will mean the game is over at a mafia win.
4. Mafia will have a daytalk.
5. The setup contains 4 Town, 2 Third party and 2 Scum. Consider them to be Vanilla Townies and Mafia Goons.
6. Town's win condition is to eliminate all mafia. Mafia's win condition is to control 50% of the town.

Sample PMs:

Scum/Faction
Hi!

You are a Mafia Goon with your partner, ------

You win when you control 50% of population in town or nothing can stop this from happening.
Town/Faction
Hi!

You are a VT

You win when every scum-aligned person is dead.
Third Party/Faction
Hi!

You are a Third party member with your partner, -----

You win when you control 50% of population in town or nothing can stop this from happening.

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Wait, so only mafia can chat? What about VTs and third party?

RUDI

Administrator
Admin
SRH...
Champions League Winner
Wait, so only mafia can chat? What about VTs and third party?
Subject to change :p I slightly modified the text copied from another website. Scum and Third party can chat seeing they are the minority and does not know the other players faction.

In this setup all factions want to get rid of the other factions.

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
But wouldn't the town be at a disadvantage if they have no PR? Lynch is the only way they can get rid of mafia and third party. I kind of feel that's harsh on them.

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
@Gaurav_7 Rudi starting this game so we lose focus from @Na Maloom Afraad IODC auctions and KKR can finally defeat RR in the finals.
I considered that. But then I thought KKR will never be able to that whatever they try. We defeated them by 5 runs in season 1, in the super over in season 2. They just don't have it in them. And on top of that, they have retained Virat Kohli and that too as their captain! So no trophies..

RUDI

Administrator
Admin
SRH...
Champions League Winner
@Gaurav_7 Rudi starting this game so we lose focus from @Na Maloom Afraad IODC auctions and KKR can finally defeat RR in the finals.
I considered that. But then I thought KKR will never be able to that whatever they try. We defeated them by 5 runs in season 1, in the super over in season 2. They just don't have it in them. And on top of that, they have retained Virat Kohli and that too as their captain! So no trophies..
@Umair7 these guys :eyesrolling:

Verified Enigma

PlanetCricket's Sherlock Holmes
Champions League Winner
Avengers
A random thought. What if we have a game played in a parallel universe. In this mode, everything is the same except one thing - mafia do not have the ability to chat via PM but VTs do. They can discuss and see how to make good use of their votes.

This might also help avoid scenarios where people lose interest in the game as soon as they know they are a VT.
A cool concept can be 2 vanilla townies who has to escape the underworld hide out.

2 VT
6 Mafias with different roles

The VT have to disguise themselves as Mafias to the group and try to eliminate other mafias and making others believe that they are goons by their smarts.

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
A cool concept can be 2 vanilla townies who has to escape the underworld hide out.

2 VT
6 Mafias with different roles

The VT have to disguise themselves as Mafias to the group and try to eliminate other mafias and making others believe that they are goons by their smarts.
Hey that is essentially calling the town as mafia and the mafias as town..?

Verified Enigma

PlanetCricket's Sherlock Holmes
Champions League Winner
Avengers
Hey that is essentially calling the town as mafia and the mafias as town..?
Technically yes, however the day discussion will be a lot different.

Now everyone will have to convince how is he bad and evil. This is something different from the usual good trails bad philosophy.

Users who are viewing this thread