Most Predictable World Cup Ever?

rickyp

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
i agree with kev, why wouldnt it be a good match? its both of their best chances to win, so they are really gonna go for it

rickyp

International Coach
yes..... how is that not obvious? why does it have to be a big name team for it to be good cricket.

for the record, australia would walk over an india and pakistan combined side

prarara

International Cricketer
I doubt that, maybe currently, but I seriously doubt that.

Will_NA

Chairman of Selectors
gambino said:
so you would watch ireland vs bangla rather than india vs england or pakistan vs australia or pakistan vs new zealand?

since when did we have to choose?

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
rickyp said:
for the record, australia would walk over an india and pakistan combined side
Not if we had a perfect selection system. :D In the world of a perfect selection system, India and Pakistan would win because with 1.5 billion people to choose XI from, we would walk over your tiny country. ;)

Afridi no 1

Club Cricketer
India and Pakistan are out doesn't mean that the WC is boring....World cup has just started so i think we will be able to see more upsets in the coming days......

IMO SriLanka will win this WC.....

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
John Adams said:
It proves how great we are then. We have less people yet can kick ass :p
Not really. Sport is not taken nearly as seriously in India as in Australia. Sport is always a past time that you should forget once you reach middle school, when you're supposed to put all your effort into studies.

kodos

International Coach
sohummisra said:
Not really. Sport is not taken nearly as seriously in India as in Australia. Sport is always a past time that you should forget once you reach middle school, when you're supposed to put all your effort into studies.

Well I'd say cricket is taken seriously in India since it's really the only major sport they participate in worldwide along with hockey and in Australia sport is certainly taken seriously but it's not concentrated to one or two sports. Aus. takes sport seriously evident by the massive amount of funding the government allocated to the amendments of the SCG and MCG whereas I realistically feel the funding can go towards more serious issues such as fixing public transport and the poor health system.

Generally those that take sport seriously whether it's cricket, soccer, footy etc. are those who have nothing else to do in their life and are generally just wasting their lives because seriously sport should be an entertainment, and should not overtake your life. Those who only worry about sport and watch sport all day than they should really get a reality check.

siddharth2002

National Board President<br /><a href="showthread.
I think this World Cup has been the most exciting so far and gone the exact opposite of any prediction whatsoever. India's early exit was necessary for the betterment of the game and let Indians around the world concentrate on their daily activities rather than glued to screen all night for nothing. And there are still exciting matches to look forward to, especially the great rivalry amongst SA, AUS, NZ and Eng. Ind vs Pak matches were getting boring anyways.

sohummisra said:
That's actually true. The extremism reflected is actually by media companies looking to sell news and street people looking for 15 minutes of fame.

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
kodos said:
Well I'd say cricket is taken seriously in India since it's really the only major sport they participate in worldwide along with hockey and in Australia sport is certainly taken seriously but it's not concentrated to one or two sports. Aus.
The point is not whether we participate in it worldwide or not. There is a sports culture which exists in Australia/US which just does not exist in India and other Asian countries. For example, I would guess 8/9 out of 10 Indian parents would rather their child grew up and got a professional career than play sports for India. This is unlike the US, where parents actively want their kids to excel at school, college, and professional sport. I presume there is a similar culture in Australia, but this culture just does not exist in India.

Users who are viewing this thread