Mouseydread's Classic Cricket Teams

Mouseydread

Associate Captain
The 90's ones with the Tigers, Lions etc brilliant so far

First game the Dragons were bowled out for 107 Alec Stewart top score of a meager 17

Danny Morrison 4/16
Reiffle 2/9
Donald 2/27

In second game the Tigers are 5/276 after 43 overs. Steve Waugh who I moved into that side is closing in on a fine IDO hundred on 86*, Mark Taylor was out for 60. Gillespie pick of bowlers with 3, Henry Olonga has gone for 80 off 7 and Afridi has been punished by Waugh in particular going for 50 off 4 overs.
Brilliant!

I did a draft last night of a 2000s league, but Id love to see how yours pans out, keep me posted!

Mouseydread

Associate Captain
Uploaded England 1960s.

For the first part of the decade, England were loaded with outstanding batsmen, and bowlers.

The likes of Boycott, Edrich, Graveney, Barrington, Dexter, Cowdrey, Trueman, Statham, Titmus, Lock, Illingworth, and Knight were the best in the world. Even the three keepers are world class, JT Murray, Parks and Knott,

If you have many of this squad already you may want to download as I have updated some players from previous creations I uploaded, though most are brand new.

I think the logo is from @blockerdave

Enjoy!

I will upload Australia, New Zealand, Pakistan and India 1960s over the next few days, West Indies have already been done some time ago.

Last edited:

Mouseydread

Associate Captain
Uploaded World 1960s

Players from all round the world making up the squad of the sixties. There were many that did not make it that could.

The likes of Bobby Simpson, Bill Lawry, Alan Davidson, Doug Walters, Graham McKenzie, Wally Grout, Chandu Borde, Dick Motz, Pervez Sajjad, and many from the England and West Indies 1960s squads, like Wes Hall, Charlie Griffith, Sobers, Hunte, and Gibbs.

If you have many of this squad already you may want to download as I have updated some players from previous creations I uploaded, though most are brand new.

Enjoy!

Last edited:

Mouseydread

Associate Captain
Uploaded Australia 1960s.

This team is a mixture of veterans and a core set of players who excelled during the 60s and others who remained in the side through the early 1970s.

The side will be led by Richie Benaud, Alan Davidson, and Slasher Mackay, who had all been excellent players during the mid to late 50s into the sixties.

The side has the left handed talent of veteran Neil Harvey, and one of the best opening batsmen pair of all time in Bobby Simpson and Bill Lawry, the comet like talent of Norm O'Neil, the all-round underrated talent of Bob Cowper, two wicket keeping talents of the highest order in Wally Grout and Barry Jarman and the man who carried the load for the pace attack in Graham McKenzie.

The Aussies of the 1960s are always one of my favorite teams to use mainly due to the variety.

Enjoy!

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Uploaded World 1960s

Players from all round the world making up the squad of the sixties. There were many that did not make it that could.

The likes of Bobby Simpson, Bill Lawry, Alan Davidson, Doug Walters, Graham McKenzie, Wally Grout, Chandu Borde, Dick Motz, Pervez Sajjad, and many from the England and West Indies 1960s squads, like Wes Hall, Charlie Griffith, Sobers, Hunte, and Gibbs.

Enjoy!
Dick Motz and Wally Grout

Mouseydread

Associate Captain
Uploaded New Zealand 1960s

This squad is the forerunner of more competitive sides to come in the following decade.

Though not loaded in talent is does have 6 or seven players able to compete on the world stage, though none were world beaters, their names would stand the test of time and two could get into an All New Zealand Squad.

Dick Motz and Richard Collinge would make a very good pair of opening pace attack, and with talented all rounder John R Reid, Left armer Bruce Taylor, and spinner Jack Allabaster it's a decent attack. It's the batting which will let the side down, as in the 60s it was not quite deep enough, Bev Congdon and John R Reid are the headliners here, and they are supported by captain Barry Sinclair.

Look out for wicketkeeper, Artie Dick :)

I'm going to do a little 20/20 stream with these against the Windies of today.

If you want a challenge bat with these!

Enjoy!

Mouseydread

Associate Captain
Uploaded South Africa 1960s.

This team for the most part is led by an expert captain in Peter Van de Merwe. I've always understood that South Africa had a great side right at the end of the decade in the 69/70 side, which is widely known as one of the greatest of all time.

What was not as clear is the reputation South Africa had during the earlier part of the decade, they were seen as great, yet I could find no compelling evidence to support this.

The only thing I could clearly see were the sides at home and on tour were full of talented players in, Graeme Pollock, Peter Pollock, Trevor Goddard, Colin Bland, John Waite, Eddie Barlow, Joe Partridge, Athol McKinnon, Tiger Lance, Dennis Lindsay and Roy McLean. Pollock is an all time great of course and Colin Bland may have been the best cover fielder of all time.

So the talent was there but do the results match the reputation? They could only play Australia, New Zealand and England. England and Australia had good sides, especially England, New Zealand were in their infancy. The best side in the world for most of the 60s was probably the West Indies.

So the reputation is based on a 1-0 series win on a tour to England in 1965, and a 3-1 home win against Australia in 66/67. Throughout the decade they had an even record against New Zealand the weakest of the nations they could play, so I think the reputation was earned from beating England and Australia in quick succession from 1965 onwards.

Waiting in the wings were Barry Richards, Mike Proctor and a host of other talent that culminated in the 1969/70 legendary side, cut off in their prime. I have put a lot of that in the South Africa 1970s side, as well as uploaded that fine 1969/70 on the academy previously.

I have included some modern uniforms from @wasteyouryouth for ODIs and T20 which of course did not play at the time.

Enjoy!

Users who are viewing this thread