Mouseydread's Cricket 19 Creations

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Thank you! Hope your enjoying using the players! :) I've only got 8 teams to go! Then I can begin my world league!

I ran a private T20 league with my friends doing only AI v AI matches after some rating changes for the sake of scaling abilities and it was very much fun. Haven't played the game in a while due to real life haha so gotta check how the new ratings system of yours is. Might do a new series with the world league once you're done with it, looks like a seriously tantalizing prospect!

Mouseydread

Associate Captain
I ran a private T20 league with my friends doing only AI v AI matches after some rating changes for the sake of scaling abilities and it was very much fun. Haven't played the game in a while due to real life haha so gotta check how the new ratings system of yours is. Might do a new series with the world league once you're done with it, looks like a seriously tantalizing prospect!

I love AI vs AI I think it a feature that should be enhanced. Coach vs Coach. I took part in the Lockdown tournament in the summer and it was a lot of fun. There is actually nothing stopping two people using 1 universe in agreement and then having a game broadcast on you tube live or Twitch. Both players pick their squaud for the conditions and one of the players agrees to host the game and broadcast. I hope they do this in the future.

Cheers glad your enjoying the creations, after I finish the next lot of teams I am done editing until the next version, and play AI vs AI instead.

Mouseydread

Associate Captain
Uploaded 1950s All Stars with two squads or rather pools of players. So a total of 70.

More than enough to recreate a league of at least 6 teams from the 1950s. A sort of 1970s WSC cricket format for the 1950s.

These players should form the basis of a 1950s league.

There are two players I have not included yet, they are black South Africans. Owen Williams and Eric Peterson. Both are deemed to be two of the best players of all time in South Afircan cricket. Like Frank Roro and Krom Hendricks whom I have included I will find a place for them, however just wanted to finalise my research first.

So whose in the A?

From West Indies : Weekes, Worrell, Walcott (Wk), Ramadhin, Valentine, Stollmeyer and Rae. Rae and Stollmeyer were solid openers, almost as solid as Greenidge and Haynes. Then the 3 W's what hasn't been said about them? and Ramadhin and Valentine are legendary mostly for knocking over England in 1950. However both played throughout the decade.

From Australia : Davidson (AR), Benaud (AR) Harvey, McDonald. Davidson is as dangerous as any with his left arm fast medium, and Benaud was a rare leg spinning all-rounder and captain. McDonald was a more than competent opener and Neil Harvey was a glorious left handed stylist.

From England : Cowdrey, Statham, May, Barrington, Graveney, Trueman, Bailey, (AR), Laker, Tyson, Lock, Parks, (WK) - So much talent! Barrington, Cowdrey, May, Laker and Parks can make the first X1. Trevor Bailey is a good option for tough test matches, but to be honest this may be the strongest of all the World Decade Squads.

From India : Vinoo Mankad (AR) Umrigar (AR), Gupte - three outstanding players, Mankad can even open, what a talent. Gupte was one of the best spinners of the era. This may have been the golden era for spinners.

From Pakistan : Hanif Mohammad, Fazal Mahmood. - Hanif was a world record holder so is in contention for an opening spot and Fazal was one of the greatest in era of greats, both heavily in contention to start in a World X1 of the decade.

From South Africa : McGlew, Tayfield, Cheetham, Heine, Adcock, Endean (wk) - Heine and Adcock were awesome pacers and were hostile to say the least. Tayfield was yet another magical off spinner. Cheetam is maybe borderline lucky to make this squad, however he was a solid captain. McGlew is a defensive master from the opening bat position. Imagine him paired up with the equally adhesive Hanif Mohammad, it would be a snooze fest in Test Cricket but they would give you a solid start.

Russell Endean was wicket keeper batsman of note, Endean had a part in two highly unusual Test match dismissals: method.

From New Zealand : B.Sutcliffe, J.R. Reid - Two New Zealand greats here in opener Bert Sutcliffe who was a master on the backfoot and the exciting allrounder John R Reid. The X factor is Reid, a man who can take apart an attack on his day. Reid has an outside chance of a start in the first X1. For me it's Benaud or Reid.

So my Test X1...?

Hanif, Barrington, Harvey, Weekes, Walcott (wkp), Worrell, Benaud (c), Davidson, Fazal, Statham, Trueman. Vinoo (12th man). For the shorter formats, you decide.

For the "B" Squad or pool,

There are again 35 players. I did this just to make sure I did not leave anyone of huge note out. Here is some of the talent here, Roy Marshall exciting West Indies and county cricker, ideal for T20, and ODI at the opening postion, also there is India's exciting, Pankaj Roy at opener and England's more pragmatic Peter Richardson and Reg Simpson.

For stroke players I am sure I have the right players in the A team as nobody here really stands out as missing, but they are still talented, like, South Africa's Roy McLean, sledging master, Jim Burke and attacking Les Favell from Australia. There is also Vijay Manjrekar from India. Mostly though this squad is made up of talented all rounders like Australia's Ron Archer, England's Doug Insole and India's Adhikari and Phadkhar.

If there are two players that could t consider themselves unlucky not to be in the A Squad it's Johnny Wardle, of England who was in my opinion world class, but not get ahead of Jim Laker or Tony Lock and also leg spinner, Jack Iverson of Australia.

Finally for fire and pace, there is the near evil of head hunting West Indian Roy Gilchrist, the "Chucking"aussie, Gordon Rourke, the pace and bounce of England's tall Peter Loader, and the consistent pace and control of Prior Jones and Hines Johnson. If there is any needle on the field, there is aforementioned, Jim Burke and the obdurate "Slasher" Mackay, both two of the touhest Aussies of the era.

Behind the stumps the squad is stocked with John Waite from South Africa, West Indian, Robert Christiani, India's Madhav Mantri, and Australia's Gil Langley.

Finally I am looking at Collie Smith, one of the great losses to West Indian cricket. He was an outstanding talent in his short Test Career.

The B Lineup?

Marshall, Roy, McLean, J. Goddard, Gomez, Archer, Waite, Iverson, Wardle, Gilchrist, Loader, Smith (12th).

I've made one or two tweaks to players since I downloaded them in their orignal national era squads.

The ones I can remember are, Collie Smith, JR Reid, Bert Sutcliffe, Cowdrey, Barrington, Fazal, and Endean are the ones I think that come to mind.

So there should be enough for a competitve league with promotion and relegation with 6 teams in each division with at least 12 teams overall.

Thanks for the bat, uniform, stadium, logo makers!

Enjoy!

Last edited:

Mouseydread

Associate Captain
Uploaded three squads to represent the 1960s, an A, a B and a C.

The best pool of players 1 -35 are the top players IMO of the decade. Pool B has the next 35 and the final pool C has 24 so at 8 squads could be used for a sixties league.

Here is 1960s A.

From West Indies: Sobers. Hall. Kanhai. Butcher. Griffith. Gibbs. Hunte. Nurse.
From South Afica: G.Pollock, P.Pollock, Goddard. Barlow. Bland. Partridge.
From Australia: McKenzie. Cowper. Simpson. O'Neil. Connolly. Redpath. Lawry. Grout. Hawke.
From England: Dexter. Parfitt, D.Allen, Graveney. Edrich.
From Pakistan:S.Ahmed,
From India: Nadkarni, Borde. Prasanna. Engineer. Nawab of Pataudi Jr.
From New Zealand: Motz.

First XI: Hunte, Simpson, Kanhai, G..Pollock, Sobers, Dexter, (c) Goddard, Hall, McKenzie, Grout, Gibbs, Bland (12).

Lots of my favorites here like Kanhai, Hunte and Sobers!

A strong West Indian flavour to this squad, probably the most strong in the decade.

Last edited:

Mouseydread

Associate Captain
Here is 1960's B.

From England: D'Olivera. Knight. Illingworth. Subba Row, Barber. Close. Pullar. MJK Smith. Titmus. Sharpe. D.Brown. Higgs.Larter. JT Murray.
From South Africa: Bacher. van der Merwe. Lindsay. Lance.
From Australia: Booth. Burge. Gleeson.
From New Zealand: B.Taylor. Congdon. Cunis. H.Howarth. Dowling. Pollard.
From India: Sardesai, Surti, Jaisimha. Wadekar.
From Pakistan. Sajjad. Intikhab. Burki.
From West Indies: Hendricks.

First XI: Pullar. Subba Row, Sardesai, Barber, Lance, Lindsay (WK) D'Oliveira, Illingworth (C) , Knight, Higgs, Taylor. Surti (12)

Mouseydread

Associate Captain
Here is 1960s C.

From West Indies: Carew. Holford. McMorris. Stayers. Rodriguez. G.Alexander. Solomon. Lashley. Watson.
From Australia: Freeman. Kline. Meckiff. Taber.
From England. Milburn. A.Jones.
From New Zealand: Bartlett. Yuile. B.Sinclair. Alabaster.
From South Africa :Griffin. Partridge.
From India : Contractor. Kunderan.

First X1: Contractor, Carew, Milburn, A.Jones. Kunderan, Rodriguez. Alexander(WK)(C), Rodriguez, Freeman, Kline, Stayers, Bartlett. B.Sinclair (12).

Mouseydread

Associate Captain
A few updates across the board in case you feel to download individual players. Sobers (bowling action, Joe Partridge (bowling bump and appearance), Lindsay Kline (overall update), Charlie Stayers (overall update), Willie Rodriguez (overall update), David Holford (overall update), Joey Carew (overall uodate), Tiger Lance (overall update) Denis Lindsay (overall update).

Also moved Tom Graveney from 1950s All Stars to 1960 All stars and updated England 1950s and England 1960s to reflect this. Updated Lance Gibbs (Appearance and bowling and batting, perks), Hanif Mohammad updated perks to reflect his great technique, and Bobby Simpson to reflect his awesome slip catching.

Thanks to all the bat, logo, stadium, uniform makers

Enjoy!

Last edited:

Mouseydread

Associate Captain
Uploaded 1970s All Stars teams.

A lot of fun choosing the squads, though I've taken a slightly different approach to selection. Essentially as South Africa was banned during the 70s and 80s, I still needed to include their best players. So I used a new and imo better format for putting the squads togther and have become more riuthless. This is also good practice for when I build my World League.

So for Squad A they of course get the best but in the following format.

Openers - The top 4 openers of the decade. For B the next 4 and C the rest.
Batsmen - The Top 6 of the decade. For B the next 6 and C the rest.
Allrounders - The Top 2 of the decade. For B the next 2 and C the rest.
Spinners - The best 2 of the decade. For B the next 2 and C the rest.
Keepers - The best 2 of the decade. For B the next 2 and C the rest.
Pacers - The Top 6 of the decade.

And then I throw in the South Africans into whichever squad they belong. This made it much more fun with selection. For keeping for example, who do you chose? Tony Grieg as Allrounder or Clive Rice or Mike Proctor? Alan Knott or Rodney Marsh? Of the openers. who from Gavaskar, Boycott, Fredricks, or Barry Richards a South African who has to be in the top 4 openers. (Greenidge could have had a shot but he is in the 80s.

So the selection for 1970s A goes,

From
Australia: G.Chappell, Lillee, Thomson, Walters, I.Chappell, Walker, Marsh
South Afica: Rice, B.Richards, Proctor, Hobson, van der Bilj.
Pakistan: Zaheer,
India: Gavaskar, Vishwanath, Bedi,
West Indies: Lloyd. Roberts, Kallicharran,
England: Grieg, Boycott, Snow, Underwood, Knott,

Final XI: Gavaskar, Boycott, G.Chappell, Lloyd (c), Walters, Rice, Marsh (wk), Underwood, Roberts, Lillee, Thompson.

I've updated players, but especially Zaheer, Vishwanath, Walker, G.Chappell, Kallicharran, Snow, Lloyd with bats, and a few tewaks. Zaheer and Vishwanath had appearance changes as well.

I am sure Kerry Packer WSC had all of these players except Kallicharran who had a contract dispute and couldn't join even though he was invited. Kallicharran was double screwed as he took over the captaincy from Lloyd eventually when the West Indies Packer players rebelled against the West Indies Board of Control at the time.

Later when the others retured, Kallicharran was demoted from the captaincy and later dropped, so much for loyalty eh? Yet he was a class player, often forgotten when we discuss great West Indian batsmen.

Enjoy!

Last edited:

Mouseydread

Associate Captain
So the selection for 1970s B goes,

From

Australia: R.Edwards,
Pakistan: Asif Iqbal. Mustaq M. Majid. Sarfraz. Wasim Raja, Sadiq M. Wasin Bari,
India: Chandra. Ghavri. Venkat.
West Indies: Rowe, Holder. Dereyk Murray.
England: Arnold, Amiss, Old, Fletcher. Denness.
New Zealand: Turner. Burgess. Collinge.

Final XI: Turner, Majid, Amiss, Rowe, Asif, Mustaq M, Old, Bari (wk), Sarfraz, Arnold, Chandra.

A solid group of pros here full of veterans from the county game and players who could have been in the A Squad. . It also has a three X factors in the stylist Lawrence "Yagga" Rowe, later to captain the "unforgiven" West Indian Rebels, and the idol of Viv Richards, the leg spin of Chandra and the king of reverse swing, Sarfraz Nawaz. Don't forget the massively underated Geoff Arnold. Lots of excellent back ups here, though short on flair!

Enjoy!

Mouseydread

Associate Captain
So the selection for 1970s C goes,

From

Australia: Stackpole, Sheahan, Pascoe, O'Keefe, Mallett, McCosker, Hurst. Gilmour,
India: Gaekwad, Chahaun,
West Indies: Boyce, Julien, Foster,
England: Woolmer, Hendrick, Randall, Brearley, P.Lever, Luckhurst, B.Taylor,
New Zealand: D.Hadlee, Wadsworth
South Africa. Irvine. Mackay-Coghill, Triborn, Ackerman, Chevelalier, Tracios,
Sri Lanka: A.DeSilva, S.DeSilva. R.Fernando.

Loads of wildcards in this team!

First XI: Brearley, McCosker, Luckhurst, Irvine, Stackpole, Randall, B.Taylor, Mallett, D.Hadlee, Dymock, Hendrick.

There are many wildcard South Africans who could join Lee Irvine here. Irvine was a class player who missed out on Test Cricket because of apartheid, but he is here. Brearley is lucky but makes it on his leadership perk. Many of these players were the workhorses of their international teams, but for one days don't Lenny Pascoe or the allround talent of left armer Bernard Julien or Essex' Keith Boyce or the leggies Kerry O'Keefe or Somachandra de Silva.

Quite a lot of fixes here and there. Especially the bowlers like Hendrick, Dymock, and Pascoe,

Enjoy!

Mouseydread

Associate Captain
Uploaded 5 squads for the1980s! There is enough of the marque players here to form a league.

Squads A, B, C and D have 22 players each and squad E has a lot of one day players who played well in the decade as well as Rebels and South Africans. I've gone for the same format as I used in the 1970s, there was just a lot to choose from! The majority are my childhood heros, especially Gatting, Border, Laird, Yardley, Dujon, Dean Jones, Holding, Imran and Mohsin Khan, and Abdul Qadir,

An era of all time allrounders in Botham, Imran, Kapil and Richard Hadlee. Not to forget Franklyn Stephenson who never played a game of Test Cricket, but probably would have been the 5th best in the world.

Here they are "Beefy", "The Master Blaster", "Swampy", "Whispering Death", "Lamby", "Dooj", "Daffy", "Big Bird", "Shake", "Spook", and "Fat Gat" amongst many.

A Squad - Botham, Imran, Viv Richards, Border, Gooch, Marshall, Shastri, Greenidge, Haynes, Le Roux, Javed Miandad, Vengsarkar, Holding, Gatting, Gower, Alderman, Qadir, Mudassar Nazar, Lawson, Dujon, Garner, Ian Smith, .

B Squad - M.Crowe, Kapil, Hadlee, M.Amanarth, Boon, Jimmy Cook, S.Clarke, Richardson, Lamb, K.Hughes, Mohsin Khan, Croft, John Wright, McDermott, Neil Foster, Wood, Iqbal Qasim, Emburey, Dilley, Chatfield, Yousuf (WK), Kirmani.(WK)

C Squad - Dean Jones (bless him and his family), Stephenson, Wessells, Larry Gomes, Coney, Shoaib Mohammad, Sandeep Patil, Yallop, Chris Broad, Saleem Malik, Merv Hughes, Hogg, Dyson, Lance Cairns, Wayne Daniel, Ravi Ratnayake, Bruce Yardley, Bruce Reid, Rumesh Ratnayeke, Kiren More (WK), Tauseef Ahmed, Ray Jennings (WK)

D-Squad - Adrian Kuiper, Ken McEwan, Phil Edmonds, Peter Kirsten, Logie, Greg Matthews, Fotheringham, Bright, Rupert Hanley, Qasim Umer, Hookes, Geoff Marsh, Gladstone Small, Rackeman, Tavare, Chetan Sharma, Laird, Asantha de Mel, Bruce Edgar, David Murray, Paul Downton, Azaeem Hafeez.

E Squad - Madan Lal, Binny, Geoff Miller, Roger Harper, Alleyne, deFreitas, Boock, John Bracewell, Nick Cook, Alan Kourie, John F Reid. Peter Willey, Roy Dias, Simon O'Donnell, Kris Srikkanth, Derek Pringle, Winston Davis, Dilip Doshi, Maninder Singh, Martin Snedden, Carlisle Best, Vic Marks, Greg Ritchie, Tim Robinson, Wayne B Phillips, Shivlal Yadav, Jack Richards, Norman Cowans, Yasphal Sharma, Patrick Patterson, Kevin Curran, Jeff Crowe, Ezra Moseley, Omar Henry, Duncan Fletcher, Dave Houhgton, and Tony Grey

I've done my best to remember the great West Indian bowlers there were so many!

Played an exhibition the other night and it was great to see the all stars. The B side smashed the A side the other night how exciting to see all these greats on the pitch at the same time! Richardson was brilliant in that 20/20 game.

Here's hoping @wasteyouryouth does complete the 80s league! Anyway lots of tweaks to players ones that come to mind are Joel Garner especially his face, Sylvester Clarke, Azeem Hafeez, Henry Fotheringham, Hartley Alleyne are the ones that I did anything major with. There may be others.

Looking forward the South Africans compete here, like Jimmy Cook, Ken McEwan, Ray Jennings, Adrian Kuiper, Alan Kourie, Garth LeRoux, Henry Fortheringham and my man Rupert "Spook" Hanley.

Hmm I wonder how my "Fire In Babylon" team would do against these sides?

Though I've said thanks on previous posts, many thanks to @wasteyouryouth @blockerdave @gleeso73 @Dale88 and any others I've forgotten for some of their bases or touch ups of my originals, they are fab!

Thanks to the bat, uniform, logo and stadium makers,

Enjoy!

The 90s, 00s, and 10s to come! Should get it done over the weekend. I am really looking forward to the new game announement! I think it's your choice if you want Moh Azharduddin in the 80s but I thnk he played more in the 1990s.

Last edited:

Mouseydread

Associate Captain
@blockerdave Ricey and I spoke I reminded him as great as he was I had put him in the 1970s League instead, Ricey was still not happy, so I assured him that when I do set new rules I will remove the one player per decade rule. He seemed disgruntled still but he took it :) There are a few that cross decades, and Rice is one of them, do you think he would be better off in the 1980s or the 1970s?

Users who are viewing this thread