Story Mumbai Indians - Duniya Hila Denge Hum!!! - Bangalore in Deep Trouble

"We got What we Wanted"

2elqqte.jpg

Nita Ambani happy after buying Kieron Pollard

Speaking to the reporters in the Trident Hotel in Mumbai after the highly anticipated IPL Season 3 auction, Mumbai Indians owner Nita Ambani said "we got what we wanted" after buying the Trinidad and Tobago allrounder Kieron Pollard for $750,000 plus an undisclosed amount.

Nita Ambani told CNN IBM reporters, "We had a plan in our mind before we came here. After discussing with Sachin Tendulkar, Shaun Pollock and Robin Singh last night, we came to a conclusion that we needed a batting allrounder and Kieron Pollard was the best possible option and so we went all guns blazing for him. And finally after a good bidding war against the other four franchises we got what we wanted."

Kieron Pollard who due to confusion of timing missed the IPL Season3 auction and the bidding war over him in Mumbai told reporters in Australia , "I am very delighted to have bought by Mumbai and I am looking forward to the opportunity to play alongside Sachin Tendulkar and Sanath Jayasuriya. But the main challenge for me is to continue with what I have started. I can't get carried away by this. I am happy that I will be able to learn a lot from the experience people in the Mumbai dressing room."

In other news, Mumbai Indians are reported to be very close to signing New Zealand allrounder Nathan McCullum as replacement for Mohammad Ashraful, whose contract was terminated by the Mumbai Indians. If the reports are to be believed then, Brendon McCullum's brother would earn around $75,000 for a one year stint with the Sachin Tendulkar lead Mumbai franchise.

Nice write up so far Shantanu. I would have supported you but I want KKR to win the tournament. Anyways hope you succeed with MI and KUTGW

Nice write up so far Shantanu. I would have supported you but I want KKR to win the tournament. Anyways hope you succeed with MI and KUTGW

Off Topic:If you want KKR to win...Then you check my thread....:):D
BTW good presentation....Hope MI does well......

Nathan McCullum thrilled to play with Sachin Tendulkar

2vcw3gm.jpg

Nathan McCullum smashes a huge six againt Auckland

Otago and New Zealand all-rounder Nathan McCullum is relishing the prospect of playing under champion batsman Sachin Tendulkar for Mumbai Indians in the upcoming IPL 3 and feels it will be a lifetime’s experience for him.

“Millions of cricketers — amateur or professional would love to get the chance to play alongside Sachin Tendulkar. I have that opportunity so am looking forward to it immensely. He is like God in India. Just to have the chance to speak to him and understand his way of thinking is a great life experience”, he said to cricinfo from New Zealand.

McCullum, who is set to fly out of New Zealand for Mumbai this Monday to link up with his MI teammates ahead of the IPL opener on March 12, was also full of praise about the skills of two other Indian performers – off spinner Harbhajan Singh and speedster Zaheer Khan. “His experience and ability to spin the ball both ways will be brilliant for us in the middle overs of the innings to peg an innings back,” he said about Harbhajan Singh.

Describing Zaheer as the world’s best left-armer and one of the cleverest bowlers in the game, McCullum felt that the Indian pace sprearhead’s ability to bowl swing, reverse swing and his changes of pace “will make him invaluable to the Mumbai Indians.” “I’ll make sure I get the chance to speak to him to try to add something to my own game.” he added.

Great work on picking up Nathan McCullum.
A very classy T20 player, who is underrated.
Good luck to him, and for your season.
Out of interest:
What does "Duniya Hila Denge hum" mean???

Mumbai Indians rope in Aamir Khan as Brand Ambassador

23vkfih.jpg

Aamir Khan along with Sachin Tendulkar

That cricket will get a grand share of Bollywood was apparent when superstars Shah Rukh Khan and Priety Zinta bought the Kolkata and Punjab franchise respectively of the Indian Premier League. But other franchises have made their intentions evident by not falling behind, as Katrina Kaif was named the brand ambassador of the Bangalore Royal Challengers and now Bollywood's Mr. Perfectionist Aamir Khan has been signed on by the Mumbai Indians as its brand ambassador replacing Hritik Roshan.

The announcement was made at a ceremony in Mumbai which also featured the likes of captain and 'Icon player' Sachin Tendulkar, bowlers Harbhajan Singh and Zaheer Khan, South African sensation Jean-Paul Duminy as well as Sanath Jaysuriya; one of the best hitters in the world. But the centre of attention of course was Aamir, who played down all talk of a rivalry with the other big IPL face from Bollywood and old foe, Shah Rukh Khan.

"Although I work in films, I am an ardent follower of sports, especially cricket. I am from Mumbai, so you should be proud and keep movies and songs aside. Let's get together for the game and cheer the Mumbai Indians," the star famours for his many blockbuster movies like Ghajini and 3 Idiots, said.

Tendulkar, too, was confident that his team will put in a strong show in the tournament better than what they had done in past two seasons, and entertain while they are at it. "Our target will be to perform consistently in the Twenty20 games and we hope to do well. And I have to lead from the front," Tendulkar, who has scored more than 90 international centuries, said.

"Bollywood has its own space, and so does cricket. But Twenty20 is a package made to entertain. Bollywood is the greatest entertainer for the Indian public. So marrying Bollywood with cricket promises more entertainment. The public wants full worth of the money spent for the game, and if a fan gets to watch his favourite movie star along with some great cricket, nothing like it," the little master added.

Last edited:
Mumbai Indians announce squad for Season 3

68yl8z.jpg

Sachin Tendulkar speaking to the press

The Mumbai Indians today have announced their final squad along with their jersey numbers for the third edition of the Indian Premier League which starts in a couple of days time in Mumbai. The full squad list is as below -

01 Sanath Jayasuriya
02 Jude Singh
03 Harbhajan Singh
08 Ryan McLaren
07 Chandan Madan
10 Sachin Tendulkar(C)
13 Luke Ronchi
14 Syed Sahabuddin
15 Saurabh Tiwary
16 Pinal Shah
17 Graham Napier
18 Rajagopal Sathish
21 Jean-Paul Duminy
23 Yogesh Takawale
24 Rahil Sheikh
25 Abhishek Nayar
26 Dilhara Fernando
27 Ajinkya Rahane
28 Staurt Binny
30 Dhawal Kulkarni
33 Rohan Raje
34 Zaheer Khan
47 Dwayne Bravo
48 Harshal Patel
55 Kieron Pollard
63 Chetanya Nanda
84 Shikhar Dhawan
99 Lasith Malinga

Sachin Tendulkar who was present at a promotional event of the Mumbai Indians, when asked about the Mumbai Indians' squad and their chances for this season said, "We have a very good and much better squad than what we had last season. I think the addition of Kieron Pollard and Nathan McCullum to the squad have made us even more stronger and I am sure they would play a vital role for us this season.

"We have been training together in Mumbai for a week or two and now we know each other very well. We have been under performing for the last two seasons and the boys are raring to go out and play their best cricket and do all that they can do to win the trophy this season for the Mumbai Indians."

Mumbai Indians unveil new Kit

15d1cg8.png

Mumbai Indians' new kit for the season 3

Just couple of days from playing their first match in the Indian Premier League season 3 against Rajasthan Royals, the Mumbai Indians in association with their official sponsor and sportswear supplier Adidas, have found the time to reveal the new jersey for upcoming season.

The jersey in traditional blue, includes for the first time three stripes in red on the sleeve and was introduced during an event in Mumbai by owners Nita and Mukesh Ambani, coaches Robin Singh and Shaun Pollock, Captain Sachin Tendulkar, Harbhajan Singh, Zaheer Khan, Jean-Pual Duminy, Sanath Jayasuriya and legend Sunil Gavaskar.

As always for Adidas, technology is at the forefront of the kit design. The shirt incorporates the world-renowned ClimaCoolTM and ForMotionTM technologies which allow heat and sweat to escape and giving the athlete the freedom and movement to perform

Last edited by a moderator:
A Spectacle Beyond Imagination

Breathtaking ? if there?s one word to describe the opening ceremony of the Indian Premier League (IPL) 2010 that took place at Mumbai today, that would be just the right word. There were a lot of rehearsals taking place in the DY Patil Stadium for last weeks and it was looking like to be a big event but if was rather a breathtaking event when all folded on the 'D-day'.

102483.jpg

The Shankar-Ehsan-Loy trio got the crowd tapping their feet to popular Indian numbers and that intensity just seemed to rub off onto every single person in the audience. The orchestra, with artists playing Scottish tunes, was impressive, but a little too loud at times ? All could actually feel windowpanes vibrating to the beats of the band. The stilt walkers did their jigs under the flashing lights accompanied by girls dancing inside huge plastic balloons. The most memorable part of the day, for those in the stands, was acrobats performing right in their midst ? there was one acrobat performing to the music in four different stands in the stadium, and their performance held the attention of every single person in the stands; their performances were greeted with a loud cheer of appreciation at the end of the show.

iplopning6.jpg

The Redskins Cheerleaders, dressed in red, yellow and white, and flashing their red pompoms, were an instant hit among the spectators. The light show, said to be the most expensive light show at least in India, was beyond the realms of imagination. Acrobats then slid down from rooftops with flags of the teams ? that was another concept that was well received by the crowd. With fireworks adding to the color, the show was one massive spectacle.

102504.jpg

Those who saw the inauguration ceremony of the 1996 World Cup will want to forget that in a hurry, for what they saw today was simply mind blowing ? this has now set the standards for future cricket events, most notably the 2011 World Cup, which will be hosted jointly by India, Sri Lanka and Bangladesh.

102501.jpg

The captains of the eight franchise teams where called upon the stage and there was a lot of roars for the current Indian captain MS Dhoni but the most came when the name of Sachin Tendulkar was taken by Ravi Shastri. He is such a great legend of Indian cricket and in Mumbai he is God. Each captain was told to sign below the franchise logo. Afterwards commissioner of the IPL Lalit Modi marked the third edition of the DLF Indian Premier League as open .

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread