Your Cricket New 2010 Kit

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
Definately heading back into cricket this season, after 2008 was hit badly by my shoulder, then the start of the 2009 season I tore it again, so this year I'm definitely feeling 100%.

My question is, I'm a no.3 by trade, can stick around but generally get used to quicken the RR as our openers like to take it easy (I play in a team with two 30+yr old openers) and I've had my Kookaburra for about 4yrs now, so what is the best bat our there in the region of ?120-160.

Gunn and Moore. You can pick up the Icon, Hero or Apex for ?169.99, and they're awesome bats, probably the best mainstream company making bats atm. I've got an Icon and it's a great bat, but if you're looking for something abit heavier with a bit more meat, then you'd probably be best off going with the Hero. You're going to get an awesome bat whatever GM you get though.

Kiko_97

User Title Purchaser
Profile Flag
England
GM Icon DXM 101 for ?20.99, am defo getting for my birthday as long as it's in stock.

Kiko_97

User Title Purchaser
Profile Flag
England
It'll do for now, don't need anything too expensive for now.

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Gunn and Moore. You can pick up the Icon, Hero or Apex for ?169.99, and they're awesome bats, probably the best mainstream company making bats atm. I've got an Icon and it's a great bat, but if you're looking for something abit heavier with a bit more meat, then you'd probably be best off going with the Hero. You're going to get an awesome bat whatever GM you get though.

Looking for a bat with a bit of meat definately. I've always toyed with the idea of a GM, had Kooks or a Slaz, thats it.

I really want a bat which has a nice balance, which would allow me to swing and also to knock it around, i'm a very incapably diverse batsmen you see.

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
The Icon's pretty awesome for that. Light pick-up but meaty edges and a great middle. I've had the 909 since last winter nets and it's been just awesome, easily the best bat I've ever had, and I'm not even remotely tempted to get another brand of cricket bat, definitely sticking with GM now. G+M also do a refurb service for ?35, so if the bats got a few surface scratches you can send it away over the winter and when it comes back it's effectively a brand new bat again. Looking to get mine refurbed soon.

Iridium

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
New Zealand
The only thing new that I have bought new is my bat (most important piece of equipment for a batsman I suppose.) All my other gear is stuff I pick up from Trademe (budget NZ version of eBay).

I suppose if I had the money I'd go for some new gear, but I don't.

JohnC

School Cricketer
My Equipment:
WK Gloves:
file_34_16.jpg

Pads:
Adidas-Pro-Batting-Pads.jpg

Batting Gloves:
Pro_Lite.jpg

Bat:
slazenger-v360-protg-junior-cricket-bat.jpg

Helmet:
21.jpg

Shoes:
SX-FOOTWEAR-BLUE-2.jpg

darthlewis1

Club Captain
Does anyone else buy gear when you don't really need it that much, like I bought a new helmet when I could of waited till the end of the season as my current one was fine. I think I just get bored with the same equipment and end up buying smaller items for my kit bag.

cotterill101

School Cricketer
Does anyone else buy gear when you don't really need it that much, like I bought a new helmet when I could of waited till the end of the season as my current one was fine. I think I just get bored with the same equipment and end up buying smaller items for my kit bag.

yeah, i do it alot

cotterill101

School Cricketer
after reciving a 20% off sponsorship from Gunn & Moore (U15's Wales) I now have 3 GM Flare DXM LE Bats -
GM11BTFLA.jpg

Original LE Pads and Gloves -
Orig-L-Epads11.gif

gunnandmoore-gunn-moore-cricket-original-le-mens-batting-gloves-rh.jpg

hate the gloves, bought them because of the sponsors, usually dont wear them :p

Users who are viewing this thread